Main Menu

Race Question: Ogre or da big Cat

Started by zurdo, May 10, 2005, 11:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

I disagree with the advice about putting starting points into stamina. There once was a really important reason to get starting stamina over 100, but that went away when they replaced stamina with endurance.

So much gear has stamina bonuses on it now that it's hard NOT to max your stamina with elemental level gear. My unbuffed stamina would be over 400 if the game allowed it, and I maxxed it long before I had some of my current gear. I didn't max my wisdom until I started getting time gear, even though I put all my starting points into it long ago.

And don't listen to the racial partisans that are starting to come out....make your own choice for your own reasons.

Gotog Ironskull

Oger more funner ta play den silly kitties wes also gots da bestested lookin dance in da game

Oger Boggie fevior.

I love Role Playing my oger beasty.  The Kitty dose get a few nice things like sneak and safe fall.  But there is like a gazillion of them and not to may Ogers.  Also Ogers dont get stunned from the front in a fight.  Which I really like.

But play what you like Play the way you like And if someone dont like it so what who paying for this account  any way.

Barsh On

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Dreead

Yea I agree with the above poster, there really aer a mass amount of cat beast lords. So I would say any race beside them :p

Anyway, yea don't put points into stamina, thats what I did, and I majorly regret it now, haveing over 430 stamina unbuffed i think. I would put points into dex or wis, those would be my choices if i knew now.

ebric

The stun advantage can be gotten out of a bottel in the baz. the potions are cheap enough.

I am a barby....as I was so sick of seeing all the car beast running around. That said I wish I had sneek.

zurdo

I want to thank everyone for all the Great comments.

Sorry for the confusion I caused with the original question when I said I wasn't intersted in race issues.  What I really meant was I was interested in the pros an cons of the cat an the ogre, but ... vendor npc faction hate brought didnt matter to me.  But it all sorted out. 

Looks like I have all the info lol but I still havent made up my mind.
I still have time to think about it tho. 

Anyways Thanks all, this is a great class forum.

Knodey

Dreead

Yea you got us all hooked now, can't leave us in suspense!

zurdo

Ok ..

I think I'll go with the cat.

kithilin

Good choice. I went the same way myself and have never regretted it.

Stats are so easily made up through gear and such that I don't consider that to even be an issue.

Obviously both of the options have their advantages, but you really just have to go with you fits you best.

For me that was the cat and I have no doubt you will enjoy it. Even if only because you will find how to navigate your way through Shar Vahl when everyone else gets lost there.

Omagis_Narlavin

I went with Barbarian because, well the wolf just looks so kick arse =p. Plus i wanted to look alittle more human like thats just me. I believe cats are alittle over played, i would love to see alot more trolls!!! :evil: just because theres only like 3 high end troll beastlords on prexus. poor little geco =/...
http://www.otn.co.uk/cnd/screenshots/omagis2.jpg

Alpha Omagis Narlavin King Of Da Wolves 81th beastlord javascript:view_profile(750705);
Overlord Warvon Narlavin Holy warrior 80th warriorjavascript:view_profile(997003);
Wanderer Dannaa Dethanocha Goddess of the woods 80 druid

"Death is one with me"
The Silent Minority on The Prexus (TT) server

Dakat

Ogre's drule and Cat's Rule.

I've went with the cat due to the pet and having a tiger as a pet rocks.  If in real life a Tiger would eat a grizzly for lunch then feed his poop to a dog.

Non - joking though here are some advantages to being an Ogre.  Higher STA at the start will give you over 600hp difference of another race at level 60 wearing the exact same gear (based off the measurements made from an Ogre war and a Human war several years ago). Not being stuned from the front (mentioned previous). Forget me if I am wrong but Ogre's also get SLAM? Which is a stun if it lands (same as bash) which is extra damage that a Cat does not get.

Constaq

Slam  heh Havent done that in a long time... The no frontal Stun is cool and extra HP's rocks in the E-Bunny world. Personaly  I went with oger cus of the Cool Head band graphic you get! /moan

ON a side note.. wish they would update the graphics on em the Ldon Bears that stand upright rock and the Cats in Don are cooler than the Tiger. but then i guess  the wolfs and gator would need new updates to.

smuzz

I picked ogah because well, they are hot sex....seriously tho, i picked it because no stun from front is helpful *beast slow sucks, face it gets resisted a bit* and you ever try to get a slow off while being stunned? Not my idea of fun. I soloed most of my levels *1-63?" and it helped a bit. Slam for them stupid casters/gater mobs is nice. Gear will make up all the lack of stats, at 65 my wis is just under max for level with baz gear mainly and im un-augged. Mainly tho it all depends on what you like and have fun playing. If i pciked anything else it would have been iksar tho.
Predator Smuzz <Novus Lepus>
70 Wildblood
Xegony

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1227714

Ustacalu

Having read this (and similar) post I would like to ask ;
1. does racial exp difference still exist ? (ie. ogres need more exp for leveling compared to vah shir)
2. are ogres still immune to stuns from frontal attack ?
3. is there a way for vah shir to prevent getting stunned ? (potions or gear or maybe some specific aa skill ?)

I started my kitty beastlord with enthusiasm. I like to get my tanking abilities to a maximum ( I like this sort of play) but getting stunned a lot makes me sick. I can take it for low levels if there is a cure later on but if there is none then I am afraid I might regret making a vah shir bst.
Fot reasons explained I toy with the idea of making a new ogre bst as I havent burned much time for my kitty bst yet. But in that case I might have some faction problems , I am not very much bothered with exp penalty unless it is really huge difference that will make me sweat at higher levels.

I realy wish to hear some good advice from experienced beastlords.

Not : Why does this site look so much deserted these days ?