Main Menu

Wishlist 2009 AA

Started by Tadenea, February 10, 2009, 02:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kharthai

It's been years of us asking them to bestow upon us the sacred "role".  I hope no one is holding their breath.

Mazame-
  Swarm pets are fun.  However, in raids they are bothersome.  Pushy (especially with the trend of everyone getting some freakin' fluffys to toss at the mob), often cause issues with hitting/seeing smaller mobs, and brainless (can fly off target to any nearby mob that aes you).  If more dps is our goal, I think there are better ways to go about it that would allow all playstyles to benefit from it.

I personally don't want end regen on paragon, but I suppose I wouldn't cut off my arms if they gave it to us.  Wanted to add though, you can still paragon other groups when you're in a melee dps group, just requires a bit more targeting.

wildwaters

Quote from: kharthai on August 18, 2009, 10:33:47 PM
Mazame-
  Swarm pets are fun.  However, in raids they are bothersome.  Pushy (especially with the trend of everyone getting some freakin' fluffys to toss at the mob), often cause issues with hitting/seeing smaller mobs, and brainless (can fly off target to any nearby mob that aes you).  If more dps is our goal, I think there are better ways to go about it that would allow all playstyles to benefit from it.

I thought swarm pets had little or no push...

I kinda like mazame's idea of procing pets off of pets. I think we ought to be able to call swarms of wild animals to our side. I wouldn't mind if two beastlords could recreate the battle scene from Underworld 3 >.< Why should necros and mages be the only one to lag us out on raids? >.<

As far as cures I would like to see some decent cures that could handle raid level shit. Now that would increase our desirability - one or two beasts could make events with DT alot easier if we had a good cure.

Our buffs are fine. You don't need to go around looking for buffs anymore if you have a merc and a beast. In fact I usually run around on my sk with verve, SE, focus, galla and self buffs/clicks and when I'm soloing stuff or tanking 2-3 in korafax with one PC healer and no CC.
Really if any of us wanted to be 'buffing' classes we'd play shaman or something. Actually the more i think about it the better I like our buffs. No other class can put out the same amount of HP we can because we get two lines of hp buffs.

kharthai

They don't push as much as pre-push reduction, but there's still some there.  And it'd suck less if it were just bsts/mages doing it, but everyone and their pet has a gd swarm pet flying out of their armpits these days.  And 5 seconds later when the mob shifts and they're all on one side, it's a decent amount of push.

I don't really notice the lag a lot, but (especially on small mobs, Patch, first part of Meldrath fight, etc) they can really get in the way of your vision.

Mazame

Thank you for pointing things out  as my ideas. But I can't take credit for it.

If you read the first post on this topic the idea was there under medium level. I only posted because I liked the idea and wanted to bump it up to High.

also if you read the topic of the post it a Wish list we were asked to post our wishes. so you may have your own wish list but this was mine and still is the thing I posted were My wish list ideas. if you don't like my wishes then feel free to post you own wish list.

the one thing I hate about some people is the fact they always have to put out the neg on others. again not saying you have to like what I like but like I sure most ppl learned as a kid. if you don't have some thing good to say then maybe it best to say nothing at all.

I not the bst that looking to be Number 1 dps I play a bst because I love to have fun and the bst dose it for me.

Pet spawn proc aa  to me sounded like FUN and because I play to have fun it is and will stay high on my WISH LIST ..

kharthai

You're right that this is a wish list thread, and I probably should have posted elsewhere.  I'm sorry if you felt jumped on.

Maylian

I like the idea of multiple swarm pets, we would have to have an AA like many have suggested on SoE forums to allow us to redirect swarm pets to new targets. Would be worried about it because of the push factor especially in my guild where push is sometimes an issue.

Wildwaters, I see your point about beasts having very good buff abilities, although obviously clerics far outdo us in terms of pure hp gain. The problem is that hp's are at the stage where they don't mean much to people and it would be nice to put overcap increases since we've fallen behind. I don't think it too much to ask for them to add 95 str / dex / sta to our focus line, would make it about as good as the 75 sham spell, and just make it not stack with the separate unity bits....

Gallantry:
2:   Increase Max Hitpoints by 3775
3:   Increase HP when cast by 3775
4:   Increase AC by 176

Heartwood:
1:   Increase AC by 81
2:   Increase Max Hitpoints by 1632
3:   Increase HP when cast by 1632
4:   Increase Mana by 20 per tick

Unity:
1:   Increase Max Hitpoints by 1437
2:   Increase HP when cast by 1437

SV:
1:   Increase ATK by 96
4:   Increase Max Hitpoints by 592

Focus of Yemail:
1:   Increase Max Hitpoints by 1083
2:   Increase HP when cast by 1083

Although that should be for a spell thread but obviously not seen any of those.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Maylian on August 19, 2009, 10:37:56 PM

Wildwaters, I see your point about beasts having very good buff abilities, although obviously clerics far outdo us in terms of pure hp gain. The problem is that hp's are at the stage where they don't mean much to people and it would be nice to put overcap increases since we've fallen behind. I don't think it too much to ask for them to add 95 str / dex / sta to our focus line, would make it about as good as the 75 sham spell, and just make it not stack with the separate unity bits....

Gallantry:
2:   Increase Max Hitpoints by 3775
3:   Increase HP when cast by 3775
4:   Increase AC by 176

Heartwood:
1:   Increase AC by 81
2:   Increase Max Hitpoints by 1632
3:   Increase HP when cast by 1632
4:   Increase Mana by 20 per tick

Unity:
1:   Increase Max Hitpoints by 1437
2:   Increase HP when cast by 1437

SV:
1:   Increase ATK by 96
4:   Increase Max Hitpoints by 592

Focus of Yemail:
1:   Increase Max Hitpoints by 1083
2:   Increase HP when cast by 1083

You can't compare our HP line to Cleric/Druid as ours is a seperate lineand therfore STACKS  :lol:.  Our HP/Atk line is linked to Rangers and as far as I can recall, with out mod 2's, its only marginally good for when Ranger buffs fall now because of ATK and returns over cap.  And our Focus line I believe is where it should be.  But without the ability to have STA and IoS overcaps, we end up needing a bigger boost to our Focus line than they will give...

...Mabye our focus line should be better than Shaman's to replace Overcap stat's?  Having one buff vs. 3 (theoretically if they gave us Overcap STA and IoS) would be awsome.  Once shaman buffs fade in a group, we could throw on our focus line for the lost HP's and when a Boxed Shaman comes along our focus would then be over written with their 4 buffs in 1...

...This coming from "I'm not sure how munch HP/DPS is gained from +40 STR/DEX/STA (or what ever the current overcap limit is on shamman spells)" actually gives you in the way of HP's/DPS.  Mabye, this being a AA wishlist, they can give us an AA that makes our IoS, STR, STA, and DEX buff's become Overcapped  :-o Or give us AA Unity (Correct spell line?)  :wink:

Wildwater's, I relize that if we wanted to "buff" we could play a Shaman, but buffs wear off if your not perma camped in GL, Raiding, or have a boxed Shaman.  And, although not as great, provided some benefit and utility until a Shaman showed up (or in the case of STR a Druid).  Thats why having overcap Stat buff's would provide us with utility that we lost with gear inflation and neglect.  I don't honestly believe Ill be getting tells for STR/DEX/STA/IOS in GL or in Raids if it was overcapped, but I bet I would get, "/g hey, shammy buffs fell, can you throw me some BST love wmp"
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Kaldrimarr_Stromm

Something to manage aggro better than Roar of Thunder would be lovely >< or give us taunt :/

nedoirah

Quote from: AbyssalMage on August 25, 2009, 02:11:39 PM
Quote from: Maylian on August 19, 2009, 10:37:56 PM

"/g hey, shammy buffs fell, can you throw me some BST love wmp" [/u]

Haha I get that all the time. Not in raid but in groups. I'm a retired raider.

Kraeel

Kanan

If you're going to ask for punishing blade, we need the remainder of the 2h'er AAs as well.  I know there's more than just that one AA line.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

Even then it wouldn't be enough.  2H dps needs a revamp for all non-zerker/knight classes to be even remotely competitive.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Karve

Has any of this list been posted on SoE forums / forwarded to the right person ? (searching the topic on SoE reveals nothing as their search is b0rked) but I cant rummage 8 pages froom work too easily.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Altof

I don't like the flying kick idea, less stuff to click pls :p

Camikazi

Quote from: Altof on September 29, 2009, 11:36:03 AM
I don't like the flying kick idea, less stuff to click pls :p
Flying Kick would replace regular Kick, so no new buttons to press, just same ones :)