Main Menu

Role of a beastlord.

Started by Mazame, August 01, 2009, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zunar

I think it would be nice if that prism skin our pet gets automatically whenever Spirit of Vaxztn procs, would land on us too.
It wouldn't be like the ranger proc Sheltering Thunder, which protects them for 6 seconds from damage, but it's something  :-)
I mean....fluffy isn't hardly an uber tank cuz of it, but I reckon it helps some, and it's a spell bst already use.

Camikazi

Quote from: thor on October 03, 2009, 03:20:09 AM
Heck i think before the changes we out tanked Rangers so it proves they will go back and boost a class up
I'm pretty sure we tanked worse then Rangers back then too, they were just below Monks so were raised up. Our softcap was lower and we were on Druid returns for a long time.

Altof

Combined: Head Scryer Oomk on 10/8/2009 in 355sec

Total
--- DMG: 46960483 (100%) @ 132283 dps (132283 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 2230853 @6284dps

Altof
--- DMG: 1388333 (2.96%) @ 3933 dps (3911 sdps)

Altof`s pet
--- DMG: 274505 (0.58%) @ 803 dps (773 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 34862 @1162dps

Altof`s warder
--- DMG: 242690 (0.52%) @ 691 dps (684 sdps)
--- DMG to PC: 983 @983dps

Back to this pet thing...If i'm doing my math correctly. My warder is doing about 8% of my damage. And the casted pet/attack of the warders is a little over 8%. I was in a Tank/cleric group for this fight and used 3rd spire instead of 2nd on this one by accident....Since this is the longest straight up burn fight for us i figured it would give the best results. I counting the casted pet as the beastlords dmg is fair, and since our warders can't tank or take a hit in raids makes his 8% sound very weak...i'd like to see fluffy take a little more part in the role of a beastlord as far as dmg goes. like 80/20 sounds fair counting the casted pet as our own dmg.

Nusa

You didn't show your math, so I don't know where you went wrong, but you aren't even close. I didn't do the math either, but I can see that 10% of your dps is 391 dps, and both your pets are doing way more than that!

As for stating percent of damage a pet should do, it's pretty impossible to state without also stating under what conditions under which that pet should perform.  Level, weapon, pet toys, any AA's that affect either the beastlord or the pet dps, discs, buffs short/long/song, auras, and content are all factors. The actual ratio is going to be all over the place depending on who you look at.

wildwaters

Quote from: Nusa on October 09, 2009, 08:32:25 AM
You didn't show your math, so I don't know where you went wrong, but you aren't even close. I didn't do the math either, but I can see that 10% of your dps is 391 dps, and both your pets are doing way more than that!

As for stating percent of damage a pet should do, it's pretty impossible to state without also stating under what conditions under which that pet should perform.  Level, weapon, pet toys, any AA's that affect either the beastlord or the pet dps, discs, buffs short/long/song, auras, and content are all factors. The actual ratio is going to be all over the place depending on who you look at.

/agree

also (691 * 100)/6284 = 10.9% roughly

Altof

sry, i went off dmg, not dps.

And thats with pretty much everything for a pet, coa bp, t4.5 bp, rk3  buffs etc. Only way his dps would get better would probably from lynx or some bard thing. I haven't tested if our pet procs lynx more than us or what yet.

Chopshop

What I would like to see is an aug that will give our pets a boost on a proc. Something like the shard we get in oceangreen to boost our Foray spell.