Main Menu

subhuman claws

Started by trixbro, December 16, 2009, 12:41:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blarp

bacjk on track here,

we need to try and get the claws a few more poitns of  damg and or make them H2h witht he focus monks get.

vildar

Huh, I didn't even notice they weren't h2h. That's weird. Anyhoo, the monkeys are getting their weapon nerfed. What we really need is to get this thing equippable in secondary. Yes, it's intentional, because they decided to give us a claw graphic, & don't want to deal with the petitions saying it's backward in secondary, so it's easier to just screw us over. (I am NOT making this up.) So maybe we need to send in petitions about how it's missing the secondary designation. I'm hoping they like my item note idea, otherwise I'm gonna be peeved. Go voice your opinion on the topic here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?&topic_id=159314 It still boggles my mind that they'd intentionally screw over our class over an arbitrary choice of graphic.

Sseklethebeast

The stabbing motion with the weapon looks ridiculous so I hope they change something soon.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=348907">Ssekle's Stuff
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=125211">Remmy's Stuff

"Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Lizards - SoBe"

Pharly

Go go necro! Juuuuust wondering if these claws are an upgrade to the Fabled Savage Platinum Fists, even with a heafty amount of pet AAs. I couldn't really find a definite answer and figured I'd ask before spending the time or gold tokens to test this.  I'd love to shed those damn things, but they're almost too good.  :|

Camikazi

Quote from: Pharly on May 24, 2010, 02:01:32 PM
Go go necro! Juuuuust wondering if these claws are an upgrade to the Fabled Savage Platinum Fists, even with a heafty amount of pet AAs. I couldn't really find a definite answer and figured I'd ask before spending the time or gold tokens to test this.  I'd love to shed those damn things, but they're almost too good.  :|

Using claws and putting pet weapon secondary would most likely be a DPS drop, those fabled pet weapons are damn hard to get rid of.

Pharly

Quote from: Camikazi on May 24, 2010, 03:53:48 PM
Quote from: Pharly on May 24, 2010, 02:01:32 PM

Using claws and putting pet weapon secondary would most likely be a DPS drop, those fabled pet weapons are damn hard to get rid of.

Yeah, primary or bust. If they'd fix the claws to go into secondary this wouldn't be an issue....

Umlat

I suspect the pet weapon is one of the reasons they wanted the Underfoot token weapon Primary only. From what I was told by a guildy the proc rate in the offhand is somewhat lower than the primary. Since we are the only class with one of these weapons that gets the benefit of the full array of pet AAs, it doesn't surprise me that they tried to take a good weapon combo available to the average group beastlord and nerf it.

Even the graphic "excuse" is probably a wash, the Claws of the Destroyer from the Masked Invaders raid use the same icon, so I suspect based on the descriptions I've heard from a couple monks that it's "boxy and ugly" the weapon graphic is the same as well. It is PRI SEC of course, so it CAN be equipped in the offhand and look bass ackwards.

Hand to Hand weapons in the Offhand have all looked bad for beastlords in general period. Even if they are symmetrical along the proper axis/axes to let them look normal in the Offhand, almost no H2H weapon sits properly in the off hand of Wurine form unless you are running.

The devs had a few options that would have been acceptable in my view. 1) Ditch the graphic and use one that will look acceptable on all mnk/bst races and the werewolf model in either hand. 2) Make an offhand "mirror image" of the main hand graphic (this should be done for ALL H2H weapons that need it from now on anyways.) Then make it available as a player made ornamentation. Assymetrical H2H ornaments for the marketplace should be made in matched pairs one Pri, one Sec. 3) Make the Primary restriction apply to all token weapons to be fair.

This kind of discriminatory behviour is something the Devs need to stop doing. If they can't be professional enough to keep their objectivity when it comes to game design, then they need to find another line of work. Bigotry in a virtual world is no less disgusting than it is in the real one.

wildwaters

Bridgewater? What are you a concrete blockhead with wet pants?

vildar

Quote from: Umlat on May 29, 2010, 06:31:46 PM
Even the graphic "excuse" is probably a wash, the Claws of the Destroyer from the Masked Invaders raid use the same icon, so I suspect based on the descriptions I've heard from a couple monks that it's "boxy and ugly" the weapon graphic is the same as well. It is PRI SEC of course, so it CAN be equipped in the offhand and look bass ackwards.

Never seen that weapon, but I have seen a monk running around with a Claw of the Hunter http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=86803 backwards in offhand. So the claw graphic is only a problem when it's just bsts that are getting screwed.

QuoteThe devs had a few options that would have been acceptable in my view. 1) Ditch the graphic and use one that will look acceptable on all mnk/bst races and the werewolf model in either hand. 2) Make an offhand "mirror image" of the main hand graphic (this should be done for ALL H2H weapons that need it from now on anyways.) Then make it available as a player made ornamentation. Assymetrical H2H ornaments for the marketplace should be made in matched pairs one Pri, one Sec. 3) Make the Primary restriction apply to all token weapons to be fair.

Pull up the marketplace window & look up Palm of Quellious. Click it & read the description window. It tells you it looks best on primary & odd in offhand. Which, oddly enough, is the suggestion I gave in the EQlive thread & PMed to Aristo & Ngreth. Instead of using it to fix the bst weapon, they used it to make a new marketplace weapon, for which they are not concerned about the offhand issue because it's not just bsts getting screwed. I'd really like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but all signs point to your conclusion below.

QuoteThis kind of discriminatory behviour is something the Devs need to stop doing. If they can't be professional enough to keep their objectivity when it comes to game design, then they need to find another line of work. Bigotry in a virtual world is no less disgusting than it is in the real one.

k9wazere

Currently using Fabled primary and Dire Cesti offhand. Now that I have UF I'm looking for some upgrades.

Would Ripslice primary and Fabled offand be a downgrade?