Main Menu

AA xp bugged?

Started by Razimir, March 07, 2010, 08:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razimir

I have been toying with alt chanter and hit lvl61. That is the point ppl recommended to grind some AAs, but when I switched AA xp on didn't got any. I have been grinding in group with my 85lvl beast, mobs are gray to bst and blue to yellow to chanty. Getting like 2 - 3 % regular xp / kill, but none AA xp (when switched on). There is message "You gained group experience!!", but the AA xp bar is not moving. Any ideas?

-Raz

wildwaters

Quote from: Razimir on March 07, 2010, 08:54:08 AM
I have been toying with alt chanter and hit lvl61. That is the point ppl recommended to grind some AAs, but when I switched AA xp on didn't got any. I have been grinding in group with my 85lvl beast, mobs are gray to bst and blue to yellow to chanty. Getting like 2 - 3 % regular xp / kill, but none AA xp (when switched on). There is message "You gained group experience!!", but the AA xp bar is not moving. Any ideas?

-Raz

I believe in order for the lowest character to get aa (in some/all zones?) the mobs must be at least green to the highest character.

Razimir

Might be the reason. Maybe I should try RSS or something, thanks for input.

Edit: Yep, AA xp seems to require, that highest lvl one getting xp too.

-Raz

Khauruk

Yes, it does, and the amount of xp gained is based upon how it cons to the highest level character in a group.  So, even though the mobs are red to your enc, you'll get xp like they're light blue to it in RSS.

Oh, and RSS is still req. lvl 69 to enter...
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Razimir

Yea, I did remember RSS access level incorrectly.  Chanty got 9% AA / kill in WoS, when duoed with bst. I wonder if I should rather lvl chanty up 69 and grind AAs in RSS than grind AAs lvl 61. I guess 69 lvl gets bigger portion of xp than 61 lvl one?

-Raz

Khauruk

If you kill a lvl80 mob, they will get the same amount of AA xp regardless if they are lvl61 or 69.  It is based on relative con to the highest member, not level of the PLee relative to the mob.  So, yes, they will get more xp/kill in rss, if you wish to do this.

You could also try a pincushion PL-type thing w/ the enc though.  They do have an AE nuke.  It's a gflux though, so it could be interesting :P  (def. choose non-summoning mobs)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

wildwaters

Try valdeholme, dsk, direwind, ashengate, thalassius, jewel of atikki (maybe), sunderock, rss, hell even coa raid instance.

Grbage

Supposedly the tweaked aaxp again to add back in a con modifier for the lowest level toon. I've not tested the veracity of that myself since I don't box and when on an alt I go 100%xp grouped with higher level friends.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Brane

Assuming you find a couple lvl 85 sponsors you can do the allmightly McK in POk, my enc alt made 15 aa per, so 45 aa/day, not too bad for a bit over 2h play.  :roll:

Why lvl 85 might do McKs? Augs!  :-D

Razimir

Quote from: Brane on March 08, 2010, 12:57:33 AM
Assuming you find a couple lvl 85 sponsors you can do the allmightly McK in POk, my enc alt made 15 aa per, so 45 aa/day, not too bad for a bit over 2h play.  :roll:

What is the max level spread doing MMs? Enc account is the 3rd one for me, so sponsors wouldn't be problem. :)

-Raz

Nusa

Group MM's only require the average level of the group to be 80+. So the farthest you could push it would be level 55, with five 85's in the group.

It so happens I tried it with a level 59 box. The first two I took as AA exp. Each MM was worth a tad shy of 14 AA, or 27.8 AA for both. The third I took as regular exp, with lesson running. A bit over four levels, instantly. Personally, I think that's a bit too generous, but it is what it is -- certainly makes power-leveling easy.

Razimir

Quote from: Nusa on March 08, 2010, 08:01:27 AM
Group MM's only require the average level of the group to be 80+. So the farthest you could push it would be level 55, with five 85's in the group.

So lvl 69 or 70 is required with 2x 85 lvl, depending on the rounding.

-Raz

Old Keg

Quote from: Nusa on March 08, 2010, 08:01:27 AM

It so happens I tried it with a level 59 box. The first two I took as AA exp. Each MM was worth a tad shy of 14 AA, or 27.8 AA for both. The third I took as regular exp, with lesson running. A bit over four levels, instantly. Personally, I think that's a bit too generous, but it is what it is -- certainly makes power-leveling easy.

Excuse me, I have some favors to call in.