Main Menu

AA stacking

Started by Mazame, January 28, 2010, 08:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazame

Ok i been a solo / support bst for a long time but as of late i been playing around and trying more of the Dps role.

anyone able to help answer some questions I be grateful.

1st off on aa short reuse timer I have the following.
kick
Feral swipe
foray
Raven claw

These I hit any time they are up keeping them grayed out.

Would Bite of the asp be better then Raven Claw ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up is the 10-12 min  aa / disc. I use the following

Attack of the Warders
GBA
Spire
Spirit Frenzy

long Terms I have

BA (24 min)
Empathic Furry (30 min)

So my question here would be what should I be stacking and/or what order to use them in?
am i missing anything I should be using ?

Thanks in advance

nedoirah

Bite is better since it stacks with other bst bite. Plus it does 600 hp per tick dot for a couple ticks.

Hamtarro

700 with Underfoot :)

Woo~
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Hzath

Get a T8 group BP (10 min refresh).  Other than that don't stack damage mods (GBA, BA, EF) at the same time.  Everything else will stack, just depends on the situation on what you want/should stack.

Also, I don't tie my Asp into foray/kick/FS on the off chance i hit my "damage" key on a mob and then change targets and the mob then needs to be mezzed.  That's just personal preference though, probably 99.9% of the times it gets clicked it's not a problem on the same hotkey.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

bladepaw

I have noticed that several of our discs had the same timer (bite of the asp, gorilla smash and ravens  claw) Since Bite of the asp is a decent dot for us I tucked ravens claw and gorilla smash in the back of my hot keys.

I currently have Bite of the Asp (DoT),  Feral Claw (DD)  and Roar of thunder (DoT) most the time.  I also have Bestial alignment, group Bestial alignment (different timers) ,Attack of  the warders  and First Spire occasionally.  Do not forget Foray--- this is an upgrade from your harrow spell-- you need warmly field of scale faction to get foray.  It is nice to flurry your  opponent.

Bark of the moon is nice (Katta) as you have a 7% chance of sending 4 pets in in addition to your attack of the warders and your normal warder.

On another  thread of this forum is a list of the top 10 for every category that a beast lord may choose.  Currently I am finishing up my Melee DPS list then I am going back to finish  my basics the defensive (I knowDefensive should be first but I really need the melee DPS then after than I am going to get my pet stuff.

Those lists may be off a bit but you need to set a path to get to the end so it is as good as anything else.

Nusa

Abilities, not discs. The only actual disc you mentioned is Foray. Discs need endurance to work.

Bite of the Asp is probably the best of the trio to use most of the time -- mana-free DoT, no stacking issues, and our DoT AA's improve it's damage output.
Ravens Claw has situational use as a debuff on raids, but you have to coordinate with any other beasts using it...it doesn't stack.
Gorilla Smash has a 2 second stun, but the stun isn't going to work on anything over level 85. The mobs I usually need stunned are all over 85 or stun-immune, so extremely situational.

wildwaters

Always Spirit of frenzy with empathic fury for the biggest bang imo.

Spirit of frenzy stacks with that and bestial though.

Oh... basically they will stack if they take up different slots (you can check it out at allas) and if they are different effects. If they are the same effect the higher one will take precedence. If they are the same slot, well I can't say for sure, but I think it either overwrites or blocks.