Main Menu

AA guide what to get

Started by Mazame, March 09, 2010, 06:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazame

This Question has come up often and so I am making this list of AA in order I would buy them starting from scratch as if you were pled to 85 then did AA's.

Planer Power =  this over all adds to everything and as a bst you play many roles so this would be 1st  on my must have list. With gear these day you can max your stats easy and so with this aa you add HP, Mana, DPS, AC etc all around a must.
       CA / CS  = a dead Bst can't get Xp and so no matter is you solo / group / raid being able to live mean you are able to progress so these would be the next 2 lines I would go after.
   Next up would be Paragon / Focus paragon / hasten for both lines. =  this is mana / hp and in all 3 solo / group / raid  keeping your self with as much mana as you can mean less down time and faster XP. On raid it can make or break some events based on your guild so these are key aa to get.
   Beastlords feral Kick = just need one rank
   SCM / Reinforcement Mastery = longer your buffs last the better as well as it adding more ticks to your paragon lines.
   Mnemonic retention = more spell slot. And with more slots you have more options.
   Mystical attuning = more buff slots. With all the click effect and buff  these your slots will get filled so the more buff slots the more effects you can play with.
   Natural Invisibility / perfective Levitation = getting places with out these sucks
   Pet Discipline = pet hold is a must on raid and in group to let you control your pet.
   Pack of the Wurine  = this adds Dps / mana / hp / runspeed  all around nice to have and works in all zones.

Those would be my top 10 lines to knock out they may seam like much but in the end they will surprise you.  Next is where most bst will differ in that they feel are must and so you need to look at your self your play style and think what you need to make your play style more effective.  As a bst we have many roles we can fill depending on the group / raid were in or even if you like to solo. Of those roles I going to focus on 5 of them. In each of the 5 I will list what I feel is the top 10 AA and you can then pick from them what you will to make your bst your own. After all going balls to the wall DPS will not do you any good if you don't know how to control it and in the end will not help you. So as you work on these 5 area keep in mine you can jump from 1 area to another so you balance your self out according to what you feel you need to match your play style.

The 5 main focus in my mind are as followed. Melee DPS / Spell DPS / Pet / Defense / Healing. These are the roles you can take on and mastering all of them in time would be the best but to try and get them all at once means you're a bit weaker in each area until they are maxed.

Melee DPS = key factors in this is your STR and your weapons. When looking at gear the more heroic str  the better. And for weapons you want the best ratio.  As for AA  the top 10 would be IMO as follow  keep in mind a few may have sub lines you will need 1st but these are the 10 I would work for when planning on melee DPS.

Weapon Affinity / Twin proc
   Veteran's Wrath
   Roar of Thunder
   BA / GBA / 1st spire
        Beastial Frenzy
   Feral Swipe  
   Combat Fury
   Tactical Mastery
   Sinister Strike
   Frenzy of spirit
These are not in any order per say just the top 10 melee dps aa imo .

Spell casting DPS. As of late 1/3 or more of our DPS comes from Spells. So to improve them will improve your DPS you can do so with Gear Focus / Type 3 aug  focus and the following AA.

Critical Affliction
   Fury of magic
   Gift of Mana lines all of them
   Spell casting Fury
   Spell casting mastery
   Bite of the Asp
   Destructive Fury
   Extended Swarm = works on our howl line
   Attack of the warders
   Persistent Casting
These will help you to max out all your spell casting dps and get the most effect for your mana .

Healing:  these days we don't heal as much as we used to but from time to time the healer will need a back up heal here and there and if your using a merc then you will for sure use the healing power we have. As for raid with UF being as mean as it has been I been loading a heal each event and use it often.  Healing  is not that big that I would focus on it when looking at gear with most  set you will have the healing effect you need. As for aa they are as followed

healing adept
   healing gift
   Nature salve
for pet heals
   mend companion
   replenish companion
   companion blessing

Defense: defense is one that is often over looked but a dead bst dose no DPS so if you are having trouble staying alive then this is the area you should focus on. As for gear look for AC and AGI those are key for living as for the aa's.

Armor of wisdom
   Natural Durability / Planer Durability
   General Sturdiness
   Discordant Defiance
   Delay Death
   Mental Fortitude / Fear Resistance
   Mystical Shield
   Protection of the Warder
   Slippery attacks
   Physical Enhancement

And Last up but not least important is our WARDER. Summon  gear from a mage can do a lot for our pet but is not often around so get it when you know your doing some thing hard other then that the following AA are nice for pet love.

Offence
   Warder fury
   Warder alacrity
   2nd spire
   Companion Alacrity
   Companion fury

Defense
   Sturdy companion
   Companion Agility
   Companion Durability
   Fortify  Companion

Toys
   Hobble of Spirit = Pet snare proc
   Companion relocation = let you move pet around
   APD = more control options for your pet
   DCA = DA for pet
   Persistent Minion = pocket pet
   Pet Affinity = Group buffs land on pet including group heals
   Summon Companion = brings pet to you good for when zone pathing is not

This is my Starter list if your PLing a Bst or playing one for the 1st time it should help you to focus in on the AA that you will need and want after this list is done you should know enough to finish out the rest on your own.

Hzath

I hope those numbers are just a listing and don't imply a suggested order
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Mazame

QuoteThese are not in any order per say just the top

Guess i should have said it on all the list not just the melee  but yes they are not in order they are only the ones I felt were the top ones for that area to get.

with most bst play style is more key then anything else so it hard to say what is the #1 must have and what not. also Level  plays a big part  if your stoping the grind to do aa every 5 level then what is open to you at the time will change the order that you get aa in based on what open and whats not.  the point being we have over 4500 aa and for some one with none or less then 500 knowing what to pick is what they are looking for but so many factors play a part that any list of  aa to get number out would be argued by every bst.

yravon

I wouldnt recommend getting veterans wrath b4 combat fury.

After all, you need to crit first for your crit hits to be bigger.

bladepaw

I have not read the forums of late ( a long time actually LOL) but I am glad to have a set path to take.  I got 1 level of  Gift of manna then I decided to  spend my AA on a  better area. I plan to do the  Melee DPS. I have 1300 AA so  a lot of them are at least half full.  Thanks again for the direction.

If you have some quality advice please eq-mail me at queenofall on the Mayong server.

Mazame

Quote from: yravon on March 10, 2010, 10:02:48 AM
I wouldnt recommend getting veterans wrath b4 combat fury.

After all, you need to crit first for your crit hits to be bigger.

If I get board again at work I will move them around into the order I would buy them in but like I posted before it just the aa I would get it not in any order of importance. when I was making it I thought most ppl would think for them self and was only trying to help focus the aa so rather then having to read all of them some one could say ... I need to work on  Def or I need more DPS and then look at 10 aa to pick from rather then reading page after page of aa trying to think what would be best to get.

AbyssalMage

I would say you top 10 could remove all but defensive and Pet Discipline.
I would work most of the spell and offensive AA's in the top 10.
The way you have AA's listed, your AA/DPS ratio is really bad. Stick with the stuff thats already posted. Their is a reason why certain AA's are always ahead of others.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Mazame

Ever feel like people only read what they want to read ? rather then reading the full post?

ok because the #'s have taken the focus way from what my intent was I have removed them. Again I will say the Order to buy these aa in is up to you they are not list in any special way other then i was reading from a list of aa and pulled out the ones I felt would be useful.

YES I know there are lot of you DPS bst out there and there nothing wrong with that. but DPS is not the only role of a bst and some play styles like mine are more Defense then offensive so as I said in the post the best way to get AA for a bst is to look at your own play style and decide what aa you want.

because the list off aa is a long one I broke it down into 5  focus area. this way you can pick what area you as a bst want to improve according to your play style and your need.

If you need Def then pick from that list.
if you want more DPS then pick from melee or casting dps.

if one more person want to pick apart the order of my list I will just remove it because the order of my list is not one it just groups of aa to help bring a focus to the list.   

nedoirah

Quote from: Mazame on March 13, 2010, 08:40:57 AM
Ever feel like people only read what they want to read ? rather then reading the full post?

Amen. I had a similiar situation on my guilds message boards.

This was back 4 years ago when the majority of the guild had TSS group gear at best. We were raiding MPG trials for CoA access and agro was a major issue. I suggested using a 2hb rather than 2 1handers to help control agro (keep in mind our bsts were relatively inexperienced at that time and most didn't have sufficient levels of roar) but because I had the audacity to mention bagging my 1.5 some idiot mage officer/wife of guild leader lost her temper raising hell that I didn't value the hard work the ~guild~ put into getting the damn thing for me. This mage officer is a caster by trade and has no f-ing clue about melee. No appology was offered even after a warrior came to the boards and explained how that using a 2hb instead of 2 1handers can reduce agro generation and supported my statement.

Yeah I feel you. Some people are just completely unappreciative of the work you for them.

Don't worry about it. I no longer care what people think of me or my statements.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Mazame on March 09, 2010, 06:45:30 PM
This Question has come up often and so I am making this list of AA in order I would buy them starting from scratch as if you were pled to 85 then did AA's...

(Proceeded to post a Top 10 list. *** Not in order***)   

...Those would be my top 10 lines to knock out they may seam like much but in the end they will surprise you.  Next is where most bst will differ in that they feel are must and so you need to look at your self your play style and think what you need to make your play style more effective... 

(Proceeded to post stuff you should do after you Top 10 list according to play style)

...This is my Starter list if your PLing a Bst or playing one for the 1st time it should help you to focus in on the AA that you will need and want after this list is done you should know enough to finish out the rest on your own.

Quote from: Mazame on March 13, 2010, 08:40:57 AM

ok because the #'s have taken the focus way from what my intent was I have removed them. Again I will say the Order to buy these aa in is up to you they are not list in any special way other then i was reading from a list of aa and pulled out the ones I felt would be useful.

YES I know there are lot of you DPS bst out there and there nothing wrong with that. but DPS is not the only role of a bst and some play styles like mine are more Defense then offensive so as I said in the post the best way to get AA for a bst is to look at your own play style and decide what aa you want.

because the list off aa is a long one I broke it down into 5  focus area. this way you can pick what area you as a bst want to improve according to your play style and your need.

If you need Def then pick from that list.
if you want more DPS then pick from melee or casting dps.

if one more person want to pick apart the order of my list I will just remove it because the order of my list is not one it just groups of aa to help bring a focus to the list.   

Where did I read your list wrong?  And yes I did read your ENTIRE post! I don't care how you wanna explain it, you placed 10 AA lines you should get and then work on others according to play style. I replied I would only grab 2 of your suggestions and work the other 8 differently (mainly foscussing on offense) because thats why your getting an invite to a group. And this order has been hashed and re-hashed for top 10 every time a new set of AA's come out. I am also aware that their are plenty of play styles but with the shear amount of AA's out there you need to focus on AA lines that will give you the biggest bang for your return in the short, middle, and long run.

Sorry you got defensive about my reply.  :oops:
Grimwar
81 Beastlord

Mazame

Ok I will give you when I 1st read your post I took it differently. 

Quote from: AbyssalMage on March 12, 2010, 11:06:43 PM
I would say you top 10 could remove all but defensive and Pet Discipline.
I would work most of the spell and offensive AA's in the top 10.
The way you have AA's listed, your AA/DPS ratio is really bad. Stick with the stuff thats already posted. Their is a reason why certain AA's are always ahead of others.

Why I didn't go with dps in they 1st section is simple I don't feel bst are dps. we are on the bottom of the DPS classes and I feel we are more of a support role. also many have post that they feel we need another jolt line to help lose aggro. well having a newer bst that doesn't know what to get and sending them after DPS is not going to do much for them when they are dead.  pulling aggro as a bst that is newer to the class is bad untill you know your limits. also as a bst that might be looking at other types of play styles dps might not be the main focus to start so my list  is the same I use for all my starting alts. and that is making sure 1st off I live and 2nd off I am able to get around and 3rd what can help me as I go for more.

I feel that melee dps from a group stand point is less then the dps you can get from spells. look at a wiz for example a group gear wiz can put out a ton more then most raid group melee. yes melee as a bst is part of the class but if you don't have the gear to back it is minimal compared to what you can get from spell dps. also with spells you have the freedom to back out if the tank your with can't hold aggro and still do some damage. in order to keep your spells following mana is key so i pick skills that will help keep the blue bar filled while you work on more aa.

I also fill this list could be done in a few days so ya knock out a few things to help and then go for the focus grind you want to do.

bladepaw

Currently I am working through Mezame's list of her top AA a BL should get.  On this thread there seems to a differing opinon of top BL AA to get.  Can any who disagree with this thread let me know the name of the thread of your lists of Top BL AA to get.  I would love to read them and I can sort through the ones that seem right.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: bladepaw on March 25, 2010, 08:52:04 AM
Currently I am working through Mezame's list of her top AA a BL should get.  On this thread there seems to a differing opinon of top BL AA to get.  Can any who disagree with this thread let me know the name of the thread of your lists of Top BL AA to get.  I would love to read them and I can sort through the ones that seem right.

There truly is no "correct" way. Certain AA's do give you better "bang for your buck", but that being said, once your around the 800 mark we all start looking the same. After 1500 I would say your almost an identical twin to the BST standing next to you in reguards to AA's. At 2000 I would say your 99% identical.

Figure out your play style and what you want to do. Raiding, Solo, and Group BST's need certain things reguardless (i.e. Defensive, Pet Hold, Agro reduction, ect...) but other than that, the priorities of what to get can change. Even that list can change because you could value Defensive high (in any given ecounter your VERY likely/are going to get hit) to low (You may get hit but its only when 3+ are in camp and you don't want to get one rounded).
Grimwar
81 Beastlord