Main Menu

Naked Fist Dmg/Dly

Started by Gaou, September 13, 2010, 08:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaou

I realize this subject is probably not pertiant to 99.9% of you folks, but..

I am guessing that Naked Fist dmg/dly have not been scaling beyond 65 for Monks/Bsts for years and years now.

Anyways- my question!

I play on EQMac server and was wondering if any elders around here knew what the Dmg/Dly of our (beastlord) naked fists were? And the progression of it? Do we have the same dmg/dly as Monks? (14/30 at 50, 14/26 at 60,  15/20 at 65, etc)

Thanks if anyone can answer or find the answer. My google-fu failed.

Grbage

WOW, havent read up on that in years. Going from memory but I think we were a bit behind monks using naked fist by a point or two. Also don't think anything has changed past 65 as people had quit worrying about it due to weapon ratios outstripping fists by then.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Gaou

So therotically at 60 bst would be 14/28 and 65, 15/22, for example? Sounds reasonable, but I'd feel better seeing research/parses of some kind. I do realize I am asking an 7-9 year old question  :?

Edit: Reason I'm asking is EQMac is "frozen in time" in PoP Era.  Early PoP, in fact. (yes, I have the bug where my bst spells go off normally but my spells that I share with other classes fizzle abnormally often!)

Grbage

That information was on the old beastlords board before this one was made so it's going to be hard to find unless someone has it saved somewhere. It is possible the information is over on the monks boards but that's not a board I go to, think it's called monkly business.

Other then that it's leveling up a bst to do the parsing yourself. Kind of curious why you want the information, I know back in PoP weapons were most definatly superior to naked fists even then. I want to say Luclin is when monks started carrying weapons.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Khauruk

Yeah, the information is around here even, but very far back in the forums (it might even be simply archived).

Monkly business is probably your best bet.  The wayback machine with eq.castersrealm.org (or was it eqcastersrealm.org?) might work well too.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

I remember PoP as being when some 2HB weapons were actually viable choices, or at least more available than the 1H combos that beat them. We had about 300 AA's total in those days, and the offhand weapon wasn't as big an impact on dps as it would be today.

Bare hands were occasionally useful for corpse runs, but with one big difference from monks. Monk hands are still magic weapons buck-naked. Beastlord hands are non-magic without magic-tagged gloves. Not sure about the ratio anymore, but it's fairly close to monk hands, if not the same.

Gaou

I realize there is an panoply of options in Luclin/PoP.  The server (Temerity being the top guild) has not beaten Time/Rathe/Corniav, though.  It's a quite small server- maybe 100-200 max players at peak times. 

There is a progression guild on Al'Kabor, however (allows BSTS) and they are about to break into Veeshan's Peak.  Was just curious in general about the dmg/dly etc.

I will try the wayback machine, what was the name/address of the old boards?

Thanks again!

bradam

I remeber month or two after PoP came out I got my fangs from Vex Thal.  Thought I was the uberest beast lol   You guys raid vex thal on the mac server?   Man how I hated those 12+ hour raids heh

Battle fists from one of the zek brothers was pretty bad a$$ too back then, I ran the vt fangs and the battle fists for weapons for a long long time.  Thats a PoP pre-elemental planes raid. 

Greyseer

Found this via;

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Monk_Fist_Damage_Table

Monk and Beastlord bare-fist damage.

#  Level 1: 6/30
# Level 6: 7/30
# Level 15: 8/30
# Level 20: 9/30
# Level 25: 9/29
# Level 30: 10/28
# Level 35: 10/27
# Level 40: 11/26
# Level 45: 11/25
# Level 50: 12/24
# Level 53: 12/23
# Level 56: 12/22
# Level 59: 12/21
# Level 60: 12/20
# Level 63: 13/19
# Level 65: 13/18

Yet Monks forums have,

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?p=100572

Greyseer Skullbasher

Gaou

Yes, 3 guilds have/are raiding VT on the server.  We have 5 total "major" guilds, with 1-3 "1-3 player guilds"

Grey, thanks for the Links, I believe Shards of Dal is basically a completely different game than EQ (and EQMac) So that info doesn't help me much.  The monk table shows the progression though, thank you!

Still seeking the name of the old bst boards so I can wayback machine it :)

Grbage

Ummmm www.beastlord.com maybe? Man it's been a long time ago now for that board.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Camikazi

Quote from: Greyseer on September 14, 2010, 10:02:30 PM
Found this via;

http://wiki.shardsofdalaya.com/index.php/Monk_Fist_Damage_Table

Monk and Beastlord bare-fist damage.

#  Level 1: 6/30
# Level 6: 7/30
# Level 15: 8/30
# Level 20: 9/30
# Level 25: 9/29
# Level 30: 10/28
# Level 35: 10/27
# Level 40: 11/26
# Level 45: 11/25
# Level 50: 12/24
# Level 53: 12/23
# Level 56: 12/22
# Level 59: 12/21
# Level 60: 12/20
# Level 63: 13/19
# Level 65: 13/18

Yet Monks forums have,

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?p=100572

Shards of Dayala is nothing like EQLive, it is completely rewritten and redone the way their devs want it done. Shards of Dayala can't even really be called an EQ EMU anymore, it is just way to different in most every way, you can't use their info to get info on EQ.

Nusa

From 2004: http://web.archive.org/web/20040413084412/www.eqbeastlord.com/bigchart.html

Which shows the same bare-claw numbers as Monk up to level 60. Either the chart was never updated for 61-65 in that respect, or we don't get the post-60 improvements.

I remember I was using epic 1.0 (13/22 both hands) when PoP came out. Then I lucked into the Savage Lord's Pitchatka (13/17) from a guild who hated to see stuff rot (I think it was a subtle attempt to recruit me, as well). I kept using epic offhand until I got a Waning Light Katar (16/22).  I also played with 2HB, like Greatstaff of the Four Winds (41/31) and later Rune Etched Bamboo Bo (42/28). PoP was certainly the last time I was serious about 2HB for dps purposes.

Gaou

Whoa, WHOA, whoa, thanks alot guys!! Especially you Nusa!

Good to have this outdated (but in-era for my server!!) info :)

Bst's are fairly rare on EQMac, one reason is we don't get MGB!  They are fun to level, though.

Someone mentioned using a ED? I assume that's Ethereal Destroyer from Time.  I was nosing around seeing what had been developed for BST's later on.. I read about the large division of our overall DPS and that procs was a decent chunk of it.  ED has 750 proc, and apparently was used MH for max proc rate.  In PoP/early GoD era.

Do you guys think in Kunark era (Remember I'm in a progression guild atm)  Steel Hilted Flint dagger 4/28 proc 625 (conflagration) is worth using over say, 10/18 Croaking Dirk or 11/20 Guard Captain Mallet? or the Feverblade 11/18 dagger from original VP? (Too bad the VP ice proc version of the SHFD is Ranger only  :-()

I am not allowed AA's until the appropriate expansion (Luclin, and then PoP) so I have no double attack AA's (I think those are PoP era anyways)

I would parse this stuff, but EQMac's logs are funky and have to be modified so a parser can read it and the parsers that work on our server are generally kept close to the vest for some reason.

Yes I realize I am hijacking the thread..  :|

Nusa

Heh....you shouldn't even exist until the Luclin expansion, but I guess your progression guild is overlooking that part. Get your epic done if you can, it represents the best Kunark-era weapon available to you, and holds up well in Luclin as well. Also makes the bare-hand option pretty meaningless.

Yes, Ethereal Destroyer would be a great weapon for the PoP expansion if your guild is in Time. I wasn't there until somewhat after the PoP expansion, so it was no longer quite so great. It was a major task to flag for Time, unless some already-flagged guild gimps you in.