Main Menu

Beastlord Macros n' Stuff

Started by Grandma, January 02, 2014, 02:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandma

I've been doing lots of reading and have put together hopefully a good set of macros to help maximise my beasty potential.  Note this is for General play, so does not take account of burn abilities.
Hopefully this will be of some help to  some, and as Always, I'm looking for any feedback which could improve this potential.

First up Spell Lineup.
1. Poantaar's Bite
2. Nak's Maelstrom
3. Kromrif Lance
4. Frozen Carbonate
5. Natigo's Endemic
6. Asp Blood
7. Edoth's Chill
8. Sha's Reprisal
9. Kesar's Feralgia
10. Shared Merciless Ferocity
11. Invigorating Warder
12. Promised Amelioration

I've keybound spell slots 1 to 4 to the Z key so that it spams the DD nukes as soon as they refresh.  I know we can use the earlier frostrift lance in this cycle too as it's on a different timer, but I found the 4 good enough when you've got other stuff to feather in too.

Next I set up a macro for the dots (slots 5, 6, 7) to cast at the start of the fight.  I've not done it, as I prefer finer control over it, but you could put Sha's Reprisal in here too. 
Dot Macro
pause 30, cast 5
pause 30, cast 6
cast 7

note you don't need the pause on the last line, as the pause takes effect after the line has been executed... i.e.
cast 5,
pause 30
cast 6
pause 30
cast 7

Next I set up 3 macros on a 30 second timer, a 20 second timer and a 10 second timer (for abilities based on these refresh times).  The /timer command sets the refresh on your button push, so you know when to click again.
Into these I put

30 Second Macro
/timer 300
/disc Bestial Evulsing Rk. II
/disc Focused Clamour of Claws Rk. II
/disc Pummel Rk. II
/alt activate 15073   # Banestrike (ok this is a minute timer without aa's, but you lose nothing putting it in here)

20 Second Macro
/timer 200
/alt activate 11080  # Chameleon Strike
/alt activate 986     # Bite of the Asp

10 Second Macro
/timer 100
/alt activate 247    # Feral Swipe
/doability 7            # kick (n.b. the number depends on the slot you put your kick in)

obviously these timers depend on you having things like hastened bite of the asp etc
Note as Bite of the asp shares timers with Gorilla Smash/Raven's claw, I tend to keep those 2 abilities on separate hot keys, and use them as necessary (i.e. pretty much never. but you may prefer to use those during a raid)

so start of fight slow mob, click dot, once the dots are cast, click the 3 interval macros (allow a couple of seconds to run through each), spam Z... click interval macros, spam Z... etc

Would be interested in comments/ideas/improvements/flames etc :)

Zorthaz

I would drop the dots and either add in a 5th nuke or another useful spell.  I grouped all the 30 second abilities together on one key and combined the 10 and 20 second abilities onto one key.  The problem I found with the macros without pauses is not everything activates and I have to smash the key repeatedly.  Even thought the delayed heal is more mana efficient, I kept finding myself in situations where I needed to pet heal RIGHT NOW, so I keep the latest pet heal up.

I usually run with the top 4 nukes and the temp pet.  Once all the nukes are greyed out, it is time to cast another temp pet.  The temp pet is pretty beefy, so I use him to help break up camps.  Send in a temp pet, tag off one and burn it down.  When I see the temp pet enrage, I tab back and cast another temp pet on the original mob if I need more time to kill off the tagged mob.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Grandma

Thanks for the feedback Zor.

Regarding the no delay thing.  Yep I noticed the same thing occasionally... it really comes down to lag.  On a good connection everything runs well and casts out no problem, but yes... on a slower connection/computer I did need a pause between each.

My connection is pretty good, so I don't add it in, but it's easy enough to add a pause if you need it.
Note, I prefer not to have it as it keeps the macros short... allowing for those o-shit heal moments.

As to the dots.. yeah I know... a lot of folk don't like them.  Personally I think of them as pre fight fire and forget stuff which I fire off and forget about.  No real point on stuff that dies fast, but on tougher stuff, why not.  We got em, so I feel obliged to use them..... yeah sad I know.

Zorthaz

On a fight where I have to go ranged, I sometimes pull out the dots to add some DPS.  I am looking into getting some extra weapons and putting sympathetic proc augs in them for a little DPS as well.
-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Barbii

Quote from: Grandma on January 02, 2014, 02:59:01 PM
Would be interested in comments/ideas/improvements/flames etc :)

No flames, but a few thoughts. There's nothing at all wrong with the way you're doing it, my advice is solely if you want to min/max dps. If you like watching dots tick, for example, then keep on and have fun! For me, though, dots just don't do enough dps to be worth the GCDs, so I dropped them entirely from my spell loadout. I load the 94 lance and cast Yell at the Moon during the rare times when none of the five useful nukes are available. You can use one of your newly available spell slots to load Jaerol's Mending.

Putting your melee abilities on a timer macro won't be as efficient as just loading a macro key to mash repeatedly. I have one longer term one that has Evulsing on it, and a shorter term one with Pummel/Swipe/Kick/Chameleon/Asp on it. I hit the evulsing key when I see the icon start to blink, and I mash the shorter one constantly (along with my spellcasting multibind).

I am a late adopter of the Promised line, but I actually like it now. I 2-box with an enchanter so my warder rarely has to tank anything, and so in the very rare circumstances where the pet needs a heal right now, the AA pet heal works as a convenient stopgap. The fast cast time of the Promised line is very appealing to me.

Astran, 100 Beastlord of Pain and Glory, Vox server

Illiyana

Thank you for this post, I have played for many years and never learned how to make macros except for /melody macros for my Bard, I have just been a manic button pusher.  I asked another Beastlord and he does the same thing I do, so now I'll have to share with others.

I made a Nuke Macro with the 4 best nukes, a Discipline macro with the 30 second Disciplines, and a 10 second macro with Feral swipe and Kick. 

Now, I just need to re-train my fingers to stop hitting the old buttons.
~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Ranar

Took me forever to remember my Password to the forums, but finally figured it out.

I have had an Eqmail that i pass out to friends and new beast's that I see, and think it might be a good thing to post here as well. Everyone knows the issues we have with so many clickable aa/disc that workarounds are a must just to save the life of our fingers. so here's what i have come up with over the years.

As always i am interested in what folks think, see improvements, better way doing it, or just naked ogre pics. all is good.

Nuke KeyBind

First rule to BST spell's is nuke , nuke , nuke , nonstop. a beastlord nuking is a good portion of our dps these days.

Second rule is Dot's are less dps because of the global cool down from them. Until they give us around a 300% increase to dot damage, massive aa to increase dot, or something drastic. dot's will just be a hindrance to us. Is just my opinion , and understand some folks use dot's. for ones that do use them i really suggest to download a parser and parse yourself using dots. then parse yourself just nuking. It is always best to use parser when trying new things. so can see for certain what is best.

There are 5 useable nukes available to us at lvl 100.

LvL 100) Nak's Maelstrom
LvL 99) Kromrif Lance
LvL 99) Frozen Carbomate
LvL 98) Poantaar's Bite
LvL 94) Frostrift Lance

FYI if your not aware of it.  the lance line of our nukes are always staggered timer's with each upgrade.. What that means is you can use the 2 most recent nukes of that line, but our lvl89 version is on the same timer as our lvl 99.. so cant go further back then the 2 most recent..

now here's the nuke cycle..

1st nuke you start out with is Frozen carbornate.
2nd nuke is Nak's Maelstrom
3rd nuke is Frozen Carbornate
4th nuke is Poantaar's Bite
5th nuke is Frozen Carbornate
6th nuke is Kromrif Lance
7th nuke is Frozen Carbornate
8th nuke is Nak's Maelstrom
9th nuke is Frozen Carbornate
10th nuke is Frostrift Lance
11th Frozen Carbornate

you start to get the idea here .... lead off with your 2 most powerful nukes FC(fast refresh) and nak's (4 nuke boom), and nuking nonstop alternateing FC every other nuke..

The hard part here is your trying to weave a nonstop 5 button nuke cycle. At the same time weaving all our other dps'ing attack aa's / discs... It can just get to be a bit much.

Now i'll explain a work around for this.. KeyBinding..... you can put those 5 nukes into a keybind, and just by pressing this one button it will fire off the top available nuke in your lineup..

Here's how to do it ...

On your spell bar mem your 5 nukes (pick the location that ya want them on your spell bar)..
I am going to use the top 5 spell gems on the spell bar for this explanation, but it can be any gem on ya bar..

once ya have the 5 nukes mem'ed. open you options window ( Alt O )..Go to the keys tab on that window.where it says Select Category:  select spell casting..

now you will see under Command:
Cast gem 1
Cast gem 10
Cast gem 11
Cast gem 12
ETC

Since we have the 5 nukes mem'ed in our top 5 gem slots we are going to change the Keypress for cast gem 1 - 5. here's where you will need to pick a button on you keyboard that ya don't use. This will be different for alot of peep. since everyone plays slightly different.

I used the (Number Pad - ) button. since i use the keypad for my moving around, and the - button is just out of reach for no mistakes of accidentally hitting it. It gives me easy reach for spamming that button, and frees up my other hand so i can use our attk buttons/ burn combo's...

that's it. you now have a 1 button that you can spam all 5 nukes with..

Added Info:

you will find that using the keybind nuke button that the nukes will start to fire slightly different then the nuking cycle that i listed above.. since it will fire first available it might skip the frozen carbornate and fire off another nuke instead. Is it less dps? i don't know. having the keybind has saved my fingers so much i really don't care if i lose a little. IMO nuking anything nonstop is good.

Also when using the keybind after about 14 nukes or so . there will be a small dead time when all nukes are down (1-3 secs)... this is the time if ya want to use Kesar's Feralgia/ Yell at the Moon/growl. Now remember our Kesar's/Yell have a 1.5 sec cast time(3.0 before spell haste). So if you are under any form of burn disc/aa Do Not cast this spell. it will lower your dps.. if you are looking to do something during this small dead time paragon/consume spirit/growl/even a dot(/twitch) are good options, but if your burning its just best to wait for refresh nuke, or just catch ya breath and yell at the noob in corner not doing anything. )

Also don't forget to get your slot 3's for the nukes as well. they come in handy.. )

PS. on the kesar's / yell. i have seen that if you are spamming this spell. be it a range fight, or just have nothing else going on. that once ya cast kesar's the cooldown on kesar's is actually longer than the global cooldown. you can actually cast yell of moon before kesar's spell gem is refreshed. is just a split second, and requires you having both mem'ed. Just tossing this out for the min/ max'ers that want every dps point possible.

I Sure hope this Helps some of yall.

Ranar

Doing a 2nd post on what i have for attack button / burn combo's / etc.

as before feel free to add info / insight / what you do / etc. The following is just what i have come up with over the years that work well for me.

Hot Button (social) Burn combo's

I always like to have a primary burn combo , and a sec. burn combo. this will normally give you a solid 3 mins of good dps (without outside assistance). now if you just want to be silly and burn both at same time. you will still gain DPS on all the burns , but the potential of dps over time is lost . so is why i split them into 2 burns.

Primary burn combo (hot button as i use it)

Line 1) /alt activate 443
Line 2) /pause 1, /disc savage rage rk. III
Line 3) /pause 1, /disc ruaabri's fury rk. III

depending on your connection stability the number after pause might need to be adjusted.

This will pop
(line 1) bestial bloodrage
(line2) savage rage lvl 99 disc
(line3) Ruaabri's Fury (RF) grp 100hand effect

100hand effect is a weapon delay reduction . so all members of your grp will have more swings per round.. since VoA expansion RF and KF (kolos fury lvl 93) all have the same % reduction of weapon delay. they are all 15% for all ranks of lvl 93 and lvl 99. KF has a touch more other goodies with it compared to the lvl 93 version. so is worth using (a little)

primary combo will net the most DPS for your grp becuase the savage disc effects both you and your pet , and RF will increase everyone in your grp that melee's. 

Secondary burn combo (hot button as i use it)

Line 1) /alt activate 127
Line 2) /pause 1, /alt activate 245
Line 3) /pause 1, /alt activate 1240

This will pop
(line 1) frenzy of spirit aa and
(line 2) bestial alignment 
(line 3) Frenzied Swipes

as just pure dps this combo is actually more dps (for the beastlord) compare to the primary burn combo. The dps mod's on these 2 aa's are actually higher then the savage fury / RF , but these 2 aa's only effect the bst. warder and grp members don't get any buffs from these 2 aa's . so the potential of ADPS lost makes these fall into my Sec. burn combo.

Now if you really want to max it completely out, you can start timing stuff just right here. the timer on RF is shorter then the timer on savage fury. so as soon as RF fades you can click the frenzy of spirit aa . this way you get the most of the savage fury disc, and when savage fury fades quickly pop your bestial alignment aa and Frenzied Swipes aa. if timed right both frenzy of spirit and bestial alignment should fade about the same time.

I never seem to find the time to really micro manage the aa's / disc like that. with all the button smashing / and nukeing/following event's emotes/mechanic's. its just so much going on to get it all perfect. just do the best you can and hit the combo's when other's are running there grp stuff (bard/shamie/ranger/zerk/etc) and you will be fine.make sure to nuke nonstop.

Since one is higher for the beastlord, and the other is most DPS for the group. when to use each or both at same time all depends on the event/ encounter. if the event your on has only 1 mob that just has to die ASAP, and the rest of event is a /yawn. Then by all means pop both Pri/Sec combo's. It will put out the most dps. You just wont have much left after 1min half or so, but could mean the difference. test it out on some test dummies. tweak it to fit the situation that presents itself.

The Spam kick hotbutton

line 1) /disc bestial evulsing rk. III
line 2) /pause 1, /disc pummel rk. III
line 3) /pause 1, /alt activate 247
line 4) /pause 1, /alt activate 986
line 5) /pause 1, /alt activate 11080

this pops this:
line 1 - bestial evulsing
line 2 - pummel disc 
line 3 - feral swipe 
line 4 - bite of the asp 
line 5 - chameleon strike

This is a button I just spam over and over. Since we have some attacks with sub 30 secs (swipe at 9seconds). I made this button just to spam them over and over. Now i don't have everything in this button. It is missing banestrike, and its missing the simple kick button (/doability #). I don't have banestrike on it since cant use it on raid targets so i just have it on a keybind (see above post about keybinding). i have kick attack bound to the banestrike as well. i hit it if i get around too it. kick attack is only about 100-200 dps tops. so /shrug

If you enjoy tanking, or tank alot. you can remove the Line 4 and Line 5. since those 2 aa's reduce aggro, and add banestrike / kick. for an aggro hot button spam key.

hope this helps some, and feel free to comment. we have so much to click, and think each of us has come up with some form of workaround. I'm just posting what i have done for some can compare/ get idea's..

PS. during raids sometimes the burn combo clicks just don't fire all disc/aa with click. since lag can be issue. What i did so i can see what was fired, and if missed something. I made a new hotbutton bar (eq button/ actions/ hotbar #). you can shrink the size of buttons and such. so i made that hotbar around the size of the compass (small) .. and put the single disc/aa buttons on that bar. so i can see what is grey'ed out, and what has refreshed if the event is long. i also have 7th vet / glyph's / and forceful rejuvenation there.

PPS. when to pop 7th vet / glyph's is all up to you. can use during 2nd burn combo for good effect. stretch it out with one on each. all depends on event. trial and error

Lortheus

Our DoT's at these higher levels are instant cast, so you an also place those within a melee mash key treating it like a strike just kinda stuck in with others. I checked it out one day and if you start out by taking the time to do all the DoT first, then you lose DPS. Start out with the 3 big nukes after send pets / swarm pets in, and as youre mashing your melee abilities, DoTs are randomly going in as they are able during the mashes. You will always be able to mash your melee skills regardless if the spell gems are lit back up, but you will still manage to get at least 2 of the DoT s in by doing it this way, and sometimes all the nukes before the mob dies.

Khauruk

That's still a drop in DPS, since you shouldn't be using only 3 nukes.  It's also an inefficient use of mana since you're missing most of the damage potential from the dot.
TURNCOAT!!!!!