Main Menu

boxing a beast

Started by Nadric, May 06, 2014, 10:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illiyana

Here is something else I noticed a few days ago, Bite of the Asp also lowers agro.  part of my button mashing used to be Chameleon Strike then Bite of the Asp.  I would watch my agro drop, then drop again.  I originally thought it was just a Taunt going off, or a delayed reaction from CS, so I stopped CS just as a test and saw my Agro drop when I hit BotA.

I have not tested Gorilla for agro, but since Asp, Gorilla and Raven are linked, perhaps the stun affect of Gorilla generates more agro. 

~Illiyana Wolfmother~

Gatash

The reason that they are all on the same refresh is that they are all aggro drops and were designed as such. They are all worth the same aggro reduction iirc but I don't know if bite of the asp then starts generating aggro from the DoT. Regardless, I always use bite of the asp. Chameleon strike is shorter recast, lower aggro drop. Roar of thunder AA is also an aggro drop but on a much longer recast (I also think Bite might drop more aggro than roar, but I can't tell from aggro %ages alone)

I normally start with full spells and attacks, then pop bite and chameleon together to get aggro back down low when I'm not tanking. If you want to tank, then do NOT cast Bite of the asp/Raven's claw/Gorilla smash or chameleon strike or roar of thunder.

Khauruk

Yes, you get hate from Asp.  With max rank you drop 11500 hate to start, and build up 24000 hate from the dot (4000 per tick, w/ extension it's 6 ticks, right?).

I always preferred Raven's Claw.  At max rank you lose 12750 hate, gain 131 from a small melee attack and probably ~400 hate from the attack debuff (significantly under 1k hate from the debuff anyways).  Attack debuffs are surprisingly powerful and underrated by players.

Gorilla Smash has grown to be more useful as well.  Lose 12750 hate, gain 131 from the melee attack, and gain 400 from a 2 second stun that now goes up to lvl 109, so it's actually useful.

When I was playing the bst, I'd often still cast Raven's Claw, but I'd be more likely to use it while pulling or while midway through a fight and I had a lead.  I also never got the later ranks, iirc, since the debuff doesn't go up nearly as much as the deagro.  I'd be more likely to play my bst if I had more agro rather than less - hard to do stuff on my own as tank, whereas flopping to drop agro is pretty easy.
TURNCOAT!!!!!