Main Menu

COTF 2a AA and Weapon DMG augs

Started by Zorthaz, June 19, 2014, 02:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorthaz

Hello all,

I just did some quick parses in the guild hall on the test dummy there to see how the new AA impacted my DPS.  I was self buffed and with cleric merc buffs. I had a few clicky buffs as well, but I am not here to talk about the actual DPS as much as a new trends I saw.

I have 2 sets of weapons I use.  My DPS set has 10dmg augs added to both hands.  In primary I use the COTF 2a HTH weapon sold on the vendor (Sol Cestus). With the 10 dmg aug it comes out at 104/18 with a 510dmg proc.  In my off hand I use the COTF "The Legacy of Bayle in The Dead Hills" weapon (Scavenged Bone Handblade).  With a 10dmg aug it rings in at 100/18 with a 420 dmg proc.

My second set of weapons I use for tanking when I have the proc AA available.  These weapons have an a lifetap proc and then are augged with combo augs with dmg and another lifetap proc.  In primary I use the COTF Neriak 4th gate weapon Tu'gar, the Eternal Grudge with a 5dmg lifetap aug now available on the 95 vendor.  In the off hand (now that they changed it from primary only) I use Bleakwood Tonfa with an older 3dmg plus lifetap aug.  I am pretty sure it was from the HoT era.  This results in a primary hand with 95/18 Lifetap V and III and a 90/18 off hand with Lifetap IV and II.

Before the this last round of AA (COTF 2a) during full burns the DPS weapons always parsed 2-3K higher then my lifetap setup.  I bought all the new Beastial Fenzy levels and all the new Destructive Fury levels and ran some quick tests last night.

On full burn (no glyphs, no 7th)  I was seeing the lifetap setup out DPS the "DPS" setup by 2K.  That is a big swing in the results for me.  Has any one else tested dmg augs versus proc augs since the patch?

I ran a short test with a 2HB that drops in PoW (Darksoul Staff) with a 16dmg aug and on full burn it was actually pretty close to matching my dual wielding numbers.

On full burn "Skippy" was putting out 19-21K DPS.

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Khauruk

When you're using those proc every swing AAs (rangers have one too, Imbued Ferocity), the only proc that goes off is the one that is innate to the weapon.  The aug doesn't actually matter on it, since that second proc will never go off.

Procs have an order that they go in, and the innate proc will always be "rolled" first.  After that it goes by the aug slot # (slot 4 will roll before slot 8, etcetera).  The first aug fires about half as often as the innate proc, third proc is half of that again, etcetera.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

Quote from: Khauruk on June 20, 2014, 12:31:32 AM
When you're using those proc every swing AAs (rangers have one too, Imbued Ferocity), the only proc that goes off is the one that is innate to the weapon.  The aug doesn't actually matter on it, since that second proc will never go off.

I wish I had my parses in front of me, but I think this is incorrect.  Back in the day, not long after we got the proc every swing AA, I was playing around trying to see how many proc pets I could get using the pet proc weapons.  I used the fabled version main hand and the regular version off hand.  The interesting thing was I had lifetap proc augs in the aug slots on both weapons.  I remember getting tons of pets, but also getting lifetap heals.

It should be easy to see in my logs since each of the 4 procs on my lifetap setup are different.  I may have to run home at lunch and check.
-Z-

Zorthaz

[Wed Jun 18 23:42:03 2014] You have successfully used bandolier lifetap.
[Wed Jun 18 23:42:51 2014] Auto attack is on.
[Wed Jun 18 23:42:53 2014] You twincast Vampiric Strike III.
[Wed Jun 18 23:42:55 2014] You twincast Vampiric Strike IV.
[Wed Jun 18 23:42:55 2014] You twincast Vampiric Strike V.
[Wed Jun 18 23:42:56 2014] You twincast Vampiric Strike V.
[Wed Jun 18 23:42:56 2014] You twincast Vampiric Strike IV.

Vampiric Strike III is on the aug in the main hand.  Vampiric Strike V is the weapon proc in the main hand. Vampiric Strike IV is the weapon proc on the off hand.  Vampiric Strike II is on the aug in the off hand.  This is a small sample and I will do a quick search to see if I ever see the aug in the off hand proc.

-Z-

Zorthaz

I ran through a bunch of logs and could not find any evidence of the off hand aug procing while under the AA.
Main hand aug proc'ed quite often.

-Z-

Zorthaz

I reran the numbers and I have to shake my head.  It seems I swapped the numbers around.  My DPS set still out damages my lifetap set as expected.  Nothing has changed with the new AA so far.  I will have to test again one they fix our AA.

IMPOARTANT NOTE:  Parsing has shown that while Bloodlust is active, a proc aug in the off hand NEVER fires.  If you are one of those min/max'ers and you use a dmg/proc combo aug in the off hand, you maybe better served by using a straight damage aug instead.

-Z-

Khauruk

That's very interesting.  I think that's a bug, since I just checked with Imbued Ferocity (the ranger version) a second ago and the offhand procs just fine.  They are, per spell data, the same effect.

Time to /bug it and PM the AA dev on the SoE forums.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zorthaz

Just to be clear on my statement about procs:

When Bloodlust is running I am seeing:

Main Hand weapon proc
Main Hand Aug proc
Off Hand weapon proc

I never saw the Off Hand Aug proc.

Disclaimer:  I only tested the 4 proc setup (two procs on each hand).  It might be possible if you only had the one proc on the main hand and no additional proc aug in the main hand weapon you might see the proc aug in the off hand fire.  If I have time over the next few days I will test and post my findings.

PS My testing is slightly complicated by all 4 procs being lifetaps.  I will have to swap weapons and augs around so I can get 4 different procs to see better results.

-Z-

Khauruk

Ahh okay, I didn't get that.  I have no procs on my augs currently so I wouldn't have seen that.  The combo proc/damage augs should parse better for rangers, I think, but I have yet to farm the currency to test it out.
TURNCOAT!!!!!