Main Menu

Need Focus

Started by Mazame, October 28, 2008, 12:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazame

Ok I played a Bst for 5+ years up to the time of DoD. I was a hard core raider and have Good gear from that time that is now ok gear from what I can tell.  13K hp.

I can still take on DB and have read many of the post here already. I have 610 AA already and I am level 74.

So my question is What AA should I be focusing on?
What are Raid Req AA these days?
What are the Must have life savers?

After reading how gimp our pets are these days is it worth spending aa to improve the Pet?

Thank all in advance for the help.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Karve

pets arent exactly gimp, thats just an impression yo get reading here.
I started my bst in 2001, palyed him daily for a few years, parked for 3 years and came back in June.

My perception of the pet is its the same as was... You're the tank, if you want a pet that tanks, play a mage.
He's a sturdy pet, wont solo many mobs over level 70 or be the same dps as a mage pet- thats your job. Hes there to help and does it amiably.

I don't have much aa on the pet either, alacrity 2 and agility1 or something similar... been too busy  grinding levels since returning  at level 66.

Professional Mad Bastard.

wildwaters

Magelo is innacurate according to your post but...

A good idea of raiding beast reqs

Beastlord - 500+AA
12000 HP unbuffed
Lvl 80
Natural Durability 3
Run 5
Planar Power 15
Mystical Attuning 5
Discordant Defiance 5
All Paragon aa's
Def's through OoW
MGB
and a good pile of offensives.

I kind of cut and pasted some of that and filled in what I knew from apping to a couple teams. The really high end guild will have much stricter requirements but meeting the above should ensure you getting into a TSS raiding guild. Would probably get yah a good shot at a solteris raiding guild too (allthough you really should be able to group more than 12k hp unbuffed).
   Other beasts can make corrections but that is what I would think would be a good start.
   As far as must have life savers - couldn't tell yah >.< Personally I worked on hp, shielding, spell shielding, dot shielding and resists as they are gonna do alot for yah in the content of the last 2 years (on a raid where we make a mistake and are hit by a 10k and 10k dd I only take 6500 and 6500 damage).
   Btw i agree with karve about our pet not being gimp. People need something to complain about and you will identify who are chronic complainers while you read these forums >.<
   I've tanked lvl 80 TSS names with my 75 pet before. But I usually do the tanking and let the pet dps. I use him for slowing those hard to sow mobs and to make sure I'm using Puma as its damage modifier is better than champion form a shaman. Having him on a mob I'm tanking he seems to stun them occasionally and as a result i take slightly less damage. Also i use him to snare (even lands in sof and above with out mxed rnaks hehe).
   We are somewhat dependant on our pets to give us nice little boosts and a nice addition to our melee damage. So yeah do pet aa's and keep that little bugger alive imo.