Main Menu

Plane of Disease, basic info?

Started by Rholin, May 09, 2004, 03:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rholin

I explored a little bit, went to the Plane of Tranquility and jumped down the sludge fountain.  Wierd way to enter a plane.  Anyway, I got there, saw some player corpses, scooted over to the green trap door, clicked it and came back.

I'd like to go out there and explore (guide says to kill the flies there).  Can anyone tell me what I need to be concerned about in this zone?  Is it soloable or better with a group?  Are there any effects where I would be gated into an enclosed cave and get slammed by a family of otherplanar beings with no chance of survival, etc.?

I just dinged 60 and as you might have guessed, I've never gone to the Planes.

Any information you can give me about adventuring in the Plane of Disease would be helpful.  Thanks!

Noxdowne Draggout

Pull the wrong flies and you will be dead very quickly.

The best thing I can suggest is a /lfg with the statement that you would like to enter the zone for the first time and get a group.

other than that soloing in Velks with spirit of Flame will be very fast exp.

Nox

Rholin

Sounds like I shouldn't solo there then.  Should it be in the list?

Hereki

I have never soloed in PoD, ought to give it a try, I guess, if only to get the final bits for the gate necklace.

If you want to solo in PoP for the first time, try PoJ, kill the rats at ZO.  You'll get a feel for how mobs hit and aggro in there.  PoD is the next step up from there, true.

For one small reason it is better to wait to 62 - your warder.  The 60 warder is himself in the 40s; the 62 pet is level 60.  Makes things a lot easier, as he hits more and gets hit a lot less.

If you want to try flys, stand at the edge of the zone in platform and look ahead - if you have max clip plane, you should be able to just see a little island in the sea.  That has flies.  It also has rats, which are slightly easier, but give less exp.  Some of the flies are much higher level and are necros - but I forget the name of them, it's been a long time; these flies hang out in a slightly different area, but you can pull them by accident from this spot.

I hope I got that right - based on like one group there well over a year ago.

DontPetBear

Was just in this zone last night.  Started off duoing with a 61 necro, agro kiting the Centipede thingies (Hit me for 330+ NOT recommended to tank them).  A great spot is the slit area as you're heading towards the Castle.  He would pull and bring them back thru the slit and kite em around while pets whooped on em.  Great fun and good exp. also.

We were joined by a 59 Druid and 56 Cleric, then went over to the flies.  We followed the wall till we came to the first Island with Flies on it.  I had no problem single pulling it (used slow to pull), and they went down fairly fast.  We moved onto the Island to pull ones farther in, and started getting a lot of Rat adds.  These things seemed to hit me harder than the flies, and were basically a pain in the butt.

We ended up moving farther down the wall, and around the horn protusion, to some Talosian sp? Larvae.  These were good exp. and went down really fast.  The druid started pulling then, and brought back about 5 weird things that he said Proximity aggroed him.  I pulled one from the pack and laid into it with the druid kiting the rest around.  Well...the rest of the pack came to help their friend and took me from 90% to 30% in about 1.5 secs.  I hit my disc and started kiting, the druid casted and took em off of me for about 2 secs. then he died.

I ended up kiting them till the cleric gated, then me and the necro made a fast trail to the zoneout.

Had a good time, but I guess you really need to watch your pulls cause adds abound there.  I'd recommend grabbing a Necro or Druid that's been there before and having them show you the ropes.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Rholin

Thank you, that was helpful.

I'm also hoping to get my hands on a number of Ethereal Parchments.  Is there a best mob to take on at the lower end in PoD that drops these?

DontPetBear

This is a link to a pretty good quest in PoD

http://www.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2213

Although it's not an advancement to getting Elem. flagged, it still will let you enter CoD.  Plus you get a cool insta-clicky item from completing it, and an AA.

The named mobs you're looking for are supposed to drop EP's.  Allah has them listed as about lvl 55.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Dakat

Mobs here are not pushovers.  Think the lowests here hit in the 220 range.  Just don't want you to not be prepared for the area.

If you can handle mobs hitting you for 220s with 50% slows I'd give it a try. Its decent exp if you can cope.

Mobs in PoJ in second prison area are around same level, hit alot less, have lot less hp and the zone is ZEMed the same.  Just kill rats in second dungeon, then Sentrys then the mobs in each room.  When I was here, I would alternate from the animal side to the people side. This keeps your faction neutral.  Doing so will keep one of the other from attacking you if your killing one of the same kind.

Tastian

"I'm also hoping to get my hands on a number of Ethereal Parchments"

You will, but most will come once you are too high to use them for yourself hehe.  With how common they are and spells it's usually much easier to buy them.  Unless you are doing AA it's unlikely you'd score enough partchments to actually get your own spells by 61/62 off this.

Rholin

Thanks, Tastian.  Figures we don't get what we need until we're past that point.  Same thing happened when I looted an Improved Healing II earring that didn't do me any more good 2 levels later when I got Greater Healing.

Strange that I have not yet seen Infusion of Spirit (61) for sale in the bazaar.  I'll keep watching for it.

Oneiromancer

Infusion of Spirit is really the only Ethereal Parchment spell that will cost you a lot.  This is because it is shared with Shamen and the only way they can get it is from the beastlord EP turn-in.  If I ever win an EP on a greed roll I turn it in trying for that spell...it'll sell for 1k or so, whereas all the other spells I sell for 5-50 pp or so.  Supply and demand...

Really, they will drop even in PoJ...especially down in the "basement" leading to Mauvin.  I remember I got 4 of them one night...and I think 7 total dropped, I split them with the only other person that wanted/needed them, and I just happened to get lucky on the odd one out.  Good experience and not too hard with a low to mid 50's group, IIRC.  Just watch the quick repops, don't go in the doors unless you're ready, and be happy there are no trains to zone out to worry about!

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Jarlub

I was soloing the jail in POJ with my 65 cleric healing and an enforcer dropped an EP for me.  Far from common down there but they do drop.

Zatd

Just to chime in.  The lowest flies in PoD will start turning lt blue at 62.  At 60 these flies are bad for some exp.  Nothing great, but a nice, and usualyl quiet place to kill a few while lfg.  single pullable, hit in the mid 100's max, low resists to slow and the pet can tank them fairly well if you get too low on health or whatever.

Next to nothing for loot though, but not bad for 1-2% of exp while you're waiting for a group.

Keelo Graeham

I dunno, I solo the tstesian flies there at 60 and I get good xp. They're slow spawns, but the don't hit for much more than 160ish.  The Spirit of Khati Sha does well against them too. Pull with slow, cast Incap and just tank away. I can usually get most the flies on the first island before I have to heal or med.
Keelo Graeham - 60th - Savage Lord - Brell Serilis