Main Menu

Where too hunt, with a twist, wanting high fast profit

Started by Puunishe, July 14, 2004, 02:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puunishe

Everyone knows that some of our spells are outlandishly priced if you can't come by them yourself be it luck of the drop or lack of groups in drop areas.

After spending all but the last shiny in my bank this week for the 64 pet I'm still shy ferocity and sha's revenge which average up to 20k appiece.

Does anyone have suggestions on very high profit areas which are not totally devoid of xp at 64th?

JillieMT

Welcome to the boards!

I would like to know as well, lol! As a mostly solo non-guilded beastlady, it's tough out there trying to get these spells! I don't even care about the xp, I would just like to know where a casual player can make a bit of coin in a decent enough period of time.  

Over this past weekend I wandered into Droga, and camped the Runri character. If I could just get a sash or two, that would take care of spells for awhile, lol! I will say the gobos there dropped 10-15pp apiece, but at 63 I can just kill one at a time before having to med. I am just too low to be efficent there.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Hereki

Well, you can camp drops, like in Droga or Veksar, or ornate off mobs in BoT, etc.  I don't, because the ratio of time spent to money earned sucks.  Takes far too long for my taste.

One way is the Bazaar route - sell tradeskill components, like spider/ling silks to tradeskillers.  Velium or acrylia bricks sell ok, too.

The other is cash camps.  Sol A, High Keep, kill tons of greens for fine steel weapons to sell.

On the third hand, I quite like to just ignore cash and find a decent exp camp, like Nadox or Nurga.  So long as it has some cash drops and some gems.  Nurga can give me around 2k and an AA in a session easily.  If you are 62 or 64 then you need to work out which is the most efficient camp for you, and if you would do better to level to 65 without spells, or sit and farm AAs and cash for a time.

Tastian

Well it really depends a lot on your character and what you are after.  When it comes to camping for money you usually have 3 options.

-  Coin/vender drops
-  Big ticket items
-  Smaller bazaarable things (ie tradeskill components)

If you are going for coin/vender drops then a spot like sol A, seafuries(get gornit!), droga can work.  Those spots you get a fair amount of coin off the mobs, gems, FS, etc.  You have a pretty standard rate of CPH (coin per hour).  Your kill rate will make a big differance when doing this.  

If you are going for big ticket items it's much more variable.  Some examples would be the runri camp in droga or boots of flowing slime in CT.  Also it varies some by server as some servers have very high indemand items that aren't too hard to aquire.  Check your market or see what people are aucitoning to buy and think if you could get it.

If you are going for smaller bazaarable things then a spot like velks works very well.  You can make many many k selling off velium.  Again it will depend some on your server, but they sell very well usually and you can break down the velium as needed to get the best return for your server.  

Some of the best ways to make coin involve combining 2 or 3 of the above.  For example, droga is much better if you can kill a few trash mobs for ~20pp and still get a chance at runri.  Or if you get suspend minion and run around the zone sniping named and PHs.  Velks is nice as you get velium/crystalline silks, but if you are at Upper you have a shot at SCHW, Silver chitin bracer, gilded broach of the north, etc.  

Really it depends what point you are at in the game and what you feel comfortable with.  Believe it or not you can make over 1k an hour just mauling sol A.  Different people will quote you different CPH rates for what they want.  I personally have had a 2 hour period where I made over 300k.  Other times you can spend 2 hours and get more out of foraging than you got out of the kills.  Really depends what you are after.  If you can find a spot that's some exp for you still and yields some coin / chance at a good drop though it can make the hunting much more enjoyable.

Oneiromancer

Velk's for the velium, or Acrylia Caverns for the acrylia.  Light blue mobs so you get some small bit of xp, and very sellable tradeskill items.  Deep AC even has mobs which are dark blue at 65, although I wouldn't say they are extremely efficient to kill.

I have seen a Glyphed Rune Word drop off of one of the "lower" named in BoT.  Not always easy to get a group there without your 65 slow (especially on a server where those spells cost so much, that really sucks), but you never know if you'll get lucky.  At the very least Spectral Parchments drop relatively often there (especially at the stormriders camp it seems) so if you get some of those they can help with the pocketbook.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Hereki

I meant to mention Acrylia Caverns, but more the runes and trash weapons, rather than the acrylia itself.

Firecaptn

While it may be a little slower cashwise compared to droga, Sebilis has mobs in the upper areas that are easily handled ranging from green to dk blue at 63/64. Drops anywhere from several gp to 6-7 pp at a time plus gems. Plus there are a few decent items that drop there
Ecssema and Itchy
Level 65 Iksar Beastlord
Obsidian Aegis
Innoruuk Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=657783

Arkand

At 63 and 64 I was doing the Nadox zone in Torgiran's Mines (really need KEI and Virtue helps too.) The cash loot is pretty good (several plat per kill), weapons sell for ~6pp and the occasional 35pp belt buckle/image of Innoruk and you can also get Grobb Hide Helm/Mask drops and Zy? Gauntlets. On top of that you can clear up to 4 named spots each with pretty nice drops (including the Defender that drops a FT2 necklace that sells for 40k+pp.) With 8 10 slot bags I was able to make ~1000pp per KEI and usually get a least one or two drops.

On top of all this the XP and AA is very good.
Arkand Wolfpaw of Xev
68 Feral Lord

DontPetBear

If you're going for just plat and don't really care about the exp., go to Acrylia Caverns.  Your pet will chew thru them.  You also have a chance at 2 named right near the entrance.  The items they drop sell from 200pp up to 10k or so.  Vendor all the runes and sell off the acrylia in the bazaar.  I guarantee you'll make more than 1k an hour there, alot more if you get any named drops.

If you want some exp. to go along with the plat try Inner AC.  I'd recommend a friend (i take a druid if he's on), to help out on the initial clearing at least.  Even solo it's possible, just gonna have your work cut out for you.  You have to kill 10 mobs in Inner for a chance at 3 named that drop some pretty decent loot.  Do not go to Inner and think its gonna be easy, i don't want to be responsible for a bunch of bodies and a very hard CR if you die.  Once you know where the clickie zone outs are tho, it's relatively safe.

I just read a guide about Inner, and i'm pretty sure it was a link from here to some shammy board.  Looked for it and can't find it tho.  Maybe someone else can help with the link.

Edit: Just took a look at your magelo. Do Not go to Inner solo.  I'd recommend going to Velks and picking up the haste gloves.  Then going to outer AC and racking up some kills.
Dgam - 70 - Beastlord

Oneiromancer

Quote from: Arkand(including the Defender that drops a FT2 necklace that sells for 40k+pp.)

It's only FT1 actually.

Broken Skull Clan Crest

Still a good drop to get.  Torgiran is great, I love soloing there, but the big bucks do depend on named drops (and the prices keep going down).  Farming velium or acrylia is more "guaranteed" money, in my opinion.  You can make more money in the same amount of time from the random vendor trash in Grieg's End than in Torgiran (more gems in GE)...but the Torgiran named drops are better (and more varied so you don't lose out on that extra Lore item).

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Dakat

Back in the day, if ya wanted quick cash, you went after Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains.  It's still a great spot, when its not overcamped. Different servers, different schedules you would just have to go at different times and see when its less crowded.  However, theres not that many giants out there. Maybe 5 or 6 and when theres 2 + people out there it will be hard pressed finding one to kill.  Since your pet can plow thru them like a hot knife thru butter.  So not likely to make 1k an hour here.

A zone that I stumbled across while doing shard hunting, Santus Seru.  The guards all around the exits are green to a 65. They drop 20pp each kill and pet can handle them solo.  Respawn every 6 minutes.  They also have weapons that sell for 5pp each, but I never bothered collecting those. Just go around killing guards for the coin.  You do lose faction with Sanctus Seru people, but you can easily fix that by killing the guards in Katta.

Just recently, I went to GoD just goofing around. Take the Magus from and LDON camp to Nedaria, then Magus again to Natimbi.  At 65, 75% of the mobs here are green.  At level 59 all are blue. However they are undercons so be careful. 130s to 205s normal hits respectively (green to blue).  Every mob in the zone drops coin, similar to OS. They also drop 55+ spells for all classes. Any mob in the zone had a very rare chance of dropping the Shell Inlaid Coller, depending which server, can fetch 80K. Ive seen many Blue Diamonds drops which sell for 238pp each with my cha.  

I wish you luck with whereever you decide to go.

Hereki

Interesting tip about Sanctus Seru - I have always gone up to the walkway for shard hunting, I didn't realise the green guards had the same cash drops.

As for:

Quotetheres not that many giants out there. Maybe 5 or 6

No, that's not correct, although the druids in the zone seem to believe it :).

If you kill all the skeletons, cyclops, lizardmen and basilisks, you will find that there are in fact a LOT of hill giant spawns on that hill.  20 at a time is certainly possible.  Most pet classes know this, the druids don't, and as a result they leave the PHs until there are no hill giants to be found.