Main Menu

What level can solo Chardok B?

Started by Dasquid, August 06, 2004, 02:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dasquid

I have been looking for a new place to solo, I checked out Chardok B and everything I saw conned blue. Anyone know what level BL can solo there effectively? (Im level 62)

Dasquid

Gave it a shot tonight, its doable, but at 63 its not all that efficient mana-wise.

Xarilok

Its not efficient at 62 with defensive AA 1100+ AC and a druid partner.  I would think that nothing outside of 65 and the 65% slow would make it worthwhile, and even then, the exp/hour would be poor, tho a level 65 would be better able to tell about this.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Hereki

Well, actually it's about the same as Nurga.  Mobs have low to middle hp, and lowish MR (apart from nameds).  That's 65 with all spells and most defensive AAs, etc.

The mob range is around 52-58 for normal mobs at the zone in, nameds 58-62 (I think).

Xarilok

I'm sorry, but I never ever once got hit for 250+ in Nurga.  Its not even close to the same difficulty.  Perhaps a bit closer to Droga, but its a far cry from Nurga.

Also, at 62, I averaged 1-2 resists on slow per mob.  Pulled around 10, got 2 I think the first time, 2 or 3 on the second try, and the others took 3 or more, with one being at 35% health before slow took.

Trust me, you will NOT find this place to be good solo exp till at least 65, as a level 63 or 64 beastlord is not any more powerful than a 62 one, well, not by much.  With the level 65 slow, I'd guess Dok B might be decent.

Nurga, GE and FG are all better at 62.  At 63 and 64, I would stick with GE, the Deep, and Torgiran mines.  Dok B is doable, but not avisable.
Venerable Xarilok Loungelizard - 62 Beastlord and Cat-Hater extrordinaire.

Hereki

I was answering your question.  Rate of experience at 65, roughly compares to Nurga.  Pay more attention.

Urgbonk

i solo'd there at 59 ( very very hard)

i tried again at 60 (tough but doable..up to 6% aa on ghosts per kill)

i tried again at 62 (bingo perfect level for this place imo)

thats with sod+vic at 60 and 62 and bout 5k+ hp , no pet aug

comparing charB to nurga is ridiculous... ive done nurga from bout 45 off and on to 60. CharB much harder and better xp../shrug mabye at 65 they both suck thats how he got his comparison.
Urg...ogre bst

Hereki

No, it isn't ridiculous - in fact, it is ridiculous to say that :P.

Guess what - harder mobs, taking longer to kill but with better exp...  equals same exp/hour.  If you aren't comparing camps in terms of exp over time, and are still looking at exp per kill, then you aren't making valid comparisions.

Urgbonk

what part of nurga are u guys camping that u get good xp at 62 - 65 anyhow ? i dont find droga zone line to be that great myself there a better spot ? or just mow thru em at droga zone line ?
Urg...ogre bst

Oneiromancer

Far to the West, the goblins are a mix of light blue and dark blue.  Check out the Nurgalopedia link somewhere in these hunting guide forums.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Hereki

Nurga is divided into tiers in the Nurgalopedia.  The highest tier is tier 5, all mobs there are roughly 49-52.  Tier 4 is all dark blue up to 62/63 (I think 63), and tier 5 is roughly 2:3 dark blue to light blue.  This is obviously low, but the kill rate is good.  It gets faster, and you get more experience/time, if you max offensive AAs, etc - paragon made a big difference, and defensive cuts downtime to zero fairly early.

Tier 4 and 5 are far west, as said.

Nugalopedia.