Main Menu

Slow but a place to go

Started by Groliath, September 03, 2004, 06:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groliath

I am new to hunting the G.o.D. zones but figured since I was lfg I would go look around and the only GoD zone  I know how to get to was Natimbi(sp?) When you zone in you are the wayfarers camp along the edge of a beach.  Walking along this beach are spikey turtles called cragbeasts, like in the old mario bro games, these were a mix of lb and db, stonemites, these are ground slugs of some sort that spit acid, these were also lb and db.  At 61 without DPoC, Fluffy, without pet gear or anything other than our buffs, was able to pretty much solo lb and db cragbeasts and only needed a heal with the stonemites if the acid hit.  
Stonemites will assist the cragbeasts and other stonemites, but the cragbeasts won't, or at least didn't for me at level 61.  There is also a cragbeast named "a fierce cragbeast", this guy will walk on the beach back and forth, I have also seen him across the channel of water on the little island that is right there.  His max hit on me was 346 I believe and he summons.  I was able to solo him 3 times but I ended up using pos everytime, I might not of needed to but /shrug.  The fierce dropped loot each time, a haste 3 face item for int casters(thick netted veil), a shawl good for lowbie, a bezerker tome for level 55 or something like that, a diamond and a sapphire.
Everything I fought here I pulled high up on the side and everything runs at 20%, I found it very safe and since the zone is apparently an open loot table you always have a chance a the good drops and you are right beside a wayfarer camp so you can get to any ldon camp quickly if you get a group.

Hope that helps...oh one of the times I pulled the fierce he was high up on the island, I swam over the channel ran up the hill there, hit him with slow and ran back to my wall spot and he came all by himself...he's not the fastest pull ever but hey, he's a turtle what can you expect.  :lol:
Groliath - 62nd Ogre Beast
Fennin Ro 51 AA's

Aneya

As I always like to say, Slow xp is better than no xp.
EQ Aneya 70 Beastlord Tarew Marr
EQ2 Evalin Swashbuckler Mistmoore

Oneiromancer

All of the drops from Natimbi, I believe, have required levels on them.  So that shawl you got...Stitched Ceremonial Wrap I assume...will be pretty cheap in the bazaar since it has a required level of 45 (and there is a glut of them anyway most likely).  I think it's still a good item for your average level 45 player, assuming not too much twinkage.

The Thick Netted Veil, on the other hand, will at least be worth more because of the focus effect.

The Restless Souls on the island (which isn't really that small, it has about the same land area as the accessible parts of the "mainland") in the ruins right across the river there should be mostly dark blue to you.  There are a few which will come double every time unless one is dark blue, but at your level you might not be able to clear the entire camp anyway.  The named of the Souls, Tumia Lehio, can drop a +20 hp augment, so she's worth trying to spawn for that alone.  (Her other drops are common and don't sell so well, similar to the Wrap above.)  There are a few posts on this board or the 49-59 or 65 board about Natimbi too, might want to check those out.

Game on,
EQ: Predator Jaede Antemanx -- 68 Vah Shir Beastlord on Kane Bayle, Retired
EQ2: Lenon Cartney -- 23 Half-Elf Troubador on Befallen, Retired
WoW: Grishnakh -- 60 Orc Hunter on Malygos, Retired

Urgbonk

the problem w natimbi on my server is u can exp there while being 2 clicks from an ldon team while u wait...so its packed, i cant go 20 feet without running into a person chasing a mob. we need more xp zones off of ldons ( maybe OoW will solve this )
Urg...ogre bst

Groliath

AA exp is still rolling in, have gotten probably 6 aa's there solo in the last couple of weeks of casual play.  Some updates tho on hunting here:
- named crustacean is a complete push over, dropped a nice hat ac 17 and some stats, not bst useable
- the named ghost just about wrecked me dropped some sort of turban
- K Heartseeker or whatever his name is from the tower over the wayfarer camp managed to kill me, but I got a passing cleric to help me duo him, he dropped nothing good but was decent aa exp
- the enticing potameid caught me after kei dropped and Fluffy and I were running on self buffs and no pet gear, got her down to 15% but she managed to kill us both, was hitting for mid 400's ( turns out she is level 60 so be careful )
- haven't been able to find the named potameid and damn that is one big body of water out there ( plus side, swimming has gone up like 20 points )

All I got so far, oh and if you didn't know if you get some of the lore items
and you aren't fighting to keep your camp, just hit abysmal sea, there is a banker close by and then come back.  Rather than logging an alt to grab a dup if it happens.
Groliath - 62nd Ogre Beast
Fennin Ro 51 AA's