Main Menu

Siren's Grotto

Started by ShaitynAB, January 10, 2004, 10:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShaitynAB

I've heard people in serverwide.beastlords talking about soloing here at 62 (in particular Fellspine).  What can you guys tell me about this zone?  I've hunted here a few times with my shaman but it's been years ago and the zones been revamped since then.  Any decent guides out there?

Thanks

-Shai
Shaityn Stormweaver
65 Ogre Feral Lord
The Insane-Antonius Bayle
My Magelo
The Beastlords Den-Home of Everquest Beastlords

jakethecake

well i dont know about soloing at 62 but its no piece of cake at 65.
I tried soloing from the cobalt scar entrance. Managaed fine with the bulthar, was lucky enough to find that walrus at the entrance was the named, dropped nice enticing ruby earring. But when it came to getting my feet wet and trying the seahorses and swordfish it was very difficult to avoid adds. You can sic your pet on the mobs whilst out of the water but (correct me if i'm wrong) in order for you to cast any spells you need to be in the water too (well you can cast spells and waste mana but they dont land)
I was able to solo a few mobs ( landing nice quest gems and a seahorse cloak and braclet)  but it was taking a long time. Called in a few guildies (shammie and cleric) also had a druid succor us to western wastes entrance (and then camp till we needed to leave) From this end we had no trouble clearing the bulthars and walrus. It must have been our day for nameds as we got the named beastie that drops the Ancient Gnarled Staff, a wicked 2HB. We then went for the seahorses and swordfish in the water by the well to the mermaids and who should  be up but Fellspine, dropped his haste belt (i lost the roll  :( )

I gather all the nameds can spawn anywhere in the zone. ie any walrus can be PH for named walrus, any seahorse for Fellspine etc, so its not a case of camping more of luck.

All mobs were dark blue to me at 65 and the AA xp was very nice for a non PoP zone. Maybe a few more AA's on my behalf would have improved my solo success but I for one will not attempt soloing there again.

For xp and money I cant recommend Acrylia Caverns enough. The Primalist and Ritulist camps have given me 5 masks, 5 breatplates 4 chainmail and 6 of then crappy range items in the last 2 weeks not to mention all the acrylia (which sells for 50-60pp per brick on AB)
Just discovered the bloodmage camp too, dropped a farly decent caster robe last night
Tukru

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes......

Ryessa

ac is good coin but crap for exp.

if you want a good place to solo / duo for exp, go to grieg's.  it's by far the best exp i've found, aside from tier 2+ pop.  duo with a cleric, it's muuuch better than tier 1 pop. mobs have low hp and hit wimpy for their level.. all dark blue at 62.  can get some random nameds with occasional nice drops and common junk drops.

probably fastest with a healer but you could solo.  nothing sees invis.. we run in to the first big open room with like 8 spawns in it andset up camp in the small room to the east

Zashir Swiftpaw

I tried SG at 63 and it was really no picnic.  Not worth doing for xp, but I had decent success against the walruses and bulthars.  Too many adds in the water to make it worthwhile.