Main Menu

MGB PoS Timing

Started by Kanan, August 30, 2005, 04:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

I know PoS ain't as useful/powerful as it should be, but I was wondering about some feedback from others about something.

I think our guild is a bit of an exception to be honest.  The Os seem to like bsts a lot, and we honestly average abt 3 per raid.  So we've often done a para rotation, ie bst_1 goes at 60%, bst_2 goes at 40%, bst_3 at 20% etc, and been doing it that way for a while.

Last night, bcs were doing specialization trial with all the bloody AEs, I thought we'd try just chain casting it on down.  Got the raid all the para mana over 3 mins, rather than the usual timing that we would do.  Did it mid-fight, a lil after some of the healers would start diminishing their mana enough that they wouldn't be getting over-filled on mana.

Just curious about others experiences with it?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

iamweaver

I run an integrated MGB heal rotation for my guild.  Depending on our target list and timing for the evening, we try not to use more than 1 paragon per fight, unless against a really annoying, hard-to-dispel mana drain MOB.  Since shammie, cleric, druid and BST MGBs all stack, there is no 1 set rule - but you might want to talk with your healer MGB person and consider coordinating with them all.  For example, I might use a
Cleric, then Druid/Shaman, then Cleric, then Druid/BST for an even 400ish HP/tick regen with a slight mana boost by the time folks need it.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Jatrulak

When I raided(all PoP content and a little GoD) the timing of our paragons varied between the target mob, other MGBers in the raid, amount of beasts present etc. Being still primarily planar, POS was still fairly effective, so we would use it to counter heavy AE's, AE mana taps, longer fights to help healers/casters and the like. Most of the time one of us would just start a chain at a set percentage and the rest of us(beasts) would coordinate our MGBs. Also, like Iamweaver said, coordinating with shaman druids and clerics is a good idea.

Firriann

before i had to leave EQ, we had 2 bsts in guild. 99% of the targets, we didn't even use mgb PoS and only did mgb SA's. however, we'd decide on one group each (the two main healers + tank groups) and just single cast PoS on them. but then again, we're in anguish and killed everything in it, so mana usually isn't an issue if it isn't a mana draining mob, or a very long fight (like OMM, or in DoN, that black dragon that i don't even remember the name >_>) where we saved our mgb's for PoS.
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Rarrum

Back when we had more bst, we used to plan it out more.  For example, if we knew we were going to be in a really tough fight soon, we'd save it. then mgb at like 30% 55% 80% (the rationale behind starting it sooner is that it takes time for it to have it's effect).  Otherwise we'd just do like 1 per mob.  Also back then, if we were low on clr/dru (shm didn't have a mgb heal back then... ... hisss...) then sometimes bst would be used as part of a larger rotation for mobs like Quarm.

But nowadays we're lucky to have 1 bst on a raid... sometimes 2.  And nobody seems to remember that mgb purrfection even exists... even when we mgb it and it hits them.  So now it just gets done kinda at random on a boss whenever.

Kanan

Heh Rarr.. that's how my hotkey describes it, Purrfection ;p

Having to play around a lil on some mobs lately, just cuz we have an amazing amount of rogues lately, so our dps going very nice.  On supergoat last night, one was put off after she regenned.. mine I popped at like 16% and the 1st hadn't quite faded yet (my timing was a tidge off), but it still hadn't faded by the time she was ded.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

Pre-time elemental raids I used to run an paragon rotation...sometimes integrated with druid mgbs, sometimes not. These days, it's not as big an impact. Now, the only time we'll still do a real rotation is on new content.