Main Menu

Uqua

Started by jitathab, September 09, 2005, 04:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

Hi Question about Uqua..

Just after the wing bosses there is a trap that triggers 6 mobs, have any of you developed a sure fire method of dealing with this spawn?

This is the point that normally causes us a wipe or two and therefore makes it impossible to disable the AE. This maxes Braxt much much harder, wiped at 23% :/

So any suggestion?

At the moment we are using a "wall of meat" formation to pack the doorway, which worked pretty well the one time we did it, but its just basically a fill the hole technique.

So is there any obvious we are missing, can we reliably avoid having 6 mobs in camp.

Oh and we also only have 2 monks around normally.

Kanan

they're linked and zone wide agro.  Do divine arb as ur first heals to let the tanks get a lil bit of agro before having to shift to fast heals.  The usual invulnerable discs if possible for the first speedbump out there.  That is one of the rougher parts of the whole zone.

God I hated that zone.  But ur that much closer to qvic and goats & the fun raid zones in god ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

iamweaver

We treated all the spawns the same way.  2 healers per tank.  1 cleric grouped with the tank.  HoT on incoming,  DvA for first heal, Epic for second heal (if the cleric had it). Secondary healer (cle/dru/shm) keep the MOB on target and /assist to heal soft targets.

If you have a good pull team, they can ping-pong some of the 6 so that their arrival is delayed; enough so that you can use the same tank setup for the first 5-pulls.
Wildblood Lupic Wulfsib:  Member of Memento Reejeryn, The Seventh Hammer (Lanys T'Vyl)
Sugar Daddy: Berrew, Archon of Brell Serilis

Yzak

Yes, have your monks ping pong them to hold off however many you want, I think we usually hold off 1 or 2, which is reasonable, because if you can't deal with 4 mobs in camp you really don't make it to that point anyhow!

Just make sure you don't let them reach their spawn point and the trap resets and you have to kill all 6 all over again.
Wildcaller Yzak
Drinal Marr

Khayden

We never did anything special with this trap.  All you need is tanks to grab aggro on them as they come in, they come in stages anyway.  One healer should be able to keep any tank class up on one of these, just make sure each tank only has one.

I usually slow hit disc and slow everything as it comes to camp and let tanks peel off me.

Khay
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Essant

After we kill the Twins we move back down to the bottom and set up in that hall that angles off to the left.  Then our raid monk will go up and trigger the 6 spawn and kite them down and to the left to where the left twin was.  We have someone else pick from that and try to bring less than 6 at a time.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

jitathab

Ok beaten this script now, the wall of meat method is the method for us, flawless both time we have run it

----] W W W [----
     K K M K K

W      K     W

Everyone else

W =Warrior
K = knight
M = MA

3 Wars block the door, Knights offtnak if required, two Wars as safties and a knight.
Jam the doorway, keep mobs the other side send in pets earlier etc and just dont let them through the hole.

Tannyon

i love that:   "wall of meat"   :-D

jitathab

hmm perhaps should TM the term :p