Main Menu

Change Savagery/Ferocity to group spells

Started by shimruel, January 24, 2004, 07:21:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shimruel

This may have been discussed before...

I'm posting this here after posting something similar on the monk boards:

Proposal:
1) Change Savagery and Ferocity from being single target spells to being group spells.
2) Keep the component cost of Savagery.
3) Keep the duration of both spells the same.

Soloing impact: None.  This change would not make soloing easier or harder.

Grouping impact:  This would make beastlords slightly more wanted in groups, but would at the same time increase the desirability of pure melees in a group that already has a beastlord, thus helping balance pure melees a little from a grouping standpoint.  It would not make it more desirable to have 2 beastlords in a group, since the Fero from the 2nd beastlord would not be needed.

Raiding impact:  This would make it much easier to organize who Fero's who (i.e. I do group 1-3, you do 4-6, etc.).  And it would also force beastlords to choose between MGB Fero or MGB Paragon.  It would increase desirability of beastlords, but also increase desirability of pure melees for the same reason as with grouping.  It would not really increase the need for more beastlords in a raid, since it only takes about 3-4 to keep a full raid Fero'd.

Keeping the component cost for Savagery gives an incentive to strive for Ferocity.

Keeping the duration the same forces us to choose between Fero or DPS from nukes/dots, and prevents this from making us even better soloers.

Argach

MGB'able +65 to all saves? That'd be just silly on most time gods (except the evil witch TT who overwrites Fero) and everything else that requires good resists.

Thanks but no thanks.

Llorath

no.

Beastlords dont need any help getting groups, they are balanced just fine for grouping.

The spells are both simply too powerful to be group cast.  Adding that much attack ups the persons damage by 15-20 percent, unless they are close to the max for vengence gear.

This would be so overpowering its insane.

Zorthar

Shaman should get group Ferine Avatar before we even think about getting group S/F

Sabertueth

OMG no!! FA is the debil!!  :twisted:  That spell is the bane of my exsistance with my main.  That's like melee crack that you need to cast every 60 seconds.  /shiver  If you are gonna make me keep the damn thing memmed all the time with the 1 minute recast at least give me a 9th spell icon slot to keep it in so I can mem a damage spell.  Although since it is a necessary evil in some cases I wouldn't mind it being group, but only the group you are in and still keep the single version targetable outside of group for raids.   But like it's been said, that's just too powerful and everyone would be screaming nerf the shammies.
Venerable Sabertueth
Vah Shir Feral Lord of the Seventh Hammer
and his dog dog...Steve-Dave....sick'em Steve-Dave
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=879509>What makes those corpse runs worth while

Emmdee

I'll just say no thanks and leave it at that.

Junaru

QuoteMGB'able +65 to all saves? That'd be just silly on most time gods (except the evil witch TT who overwrites Fero) and everything else that requires good resists.

Thanks but no thanks.

Shhh you trying to get Bards nerfed or something..  :shock:

I also agree the spell is fine the way it is.. It was meant to be a "good time to use" spell not "an everday spell"..
Junaru
Ayonae Ro
My Gear

Tailchaser

I actually think this would be an interesting raid function for us.  The effect is much less than a bard can do as has been pointed out.  MGB can only be used every hour and 12 mins and fero last 6.5 mins?  I can't see how that's terribly imbalancing, besides if they stick with their trends group fero would cost around 2500 mana.  That would be 5K mana to MGB, I don't even have that much mana right now.  It would certainly hurt DPS on big fights to burn up 5K mana on one spell right at the begining.

Anyway interesting idea.