Main Menu

What the hell happened?

Started by Tiggr, January 02, 2004, 04:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiggr

Hiyas.
Im not much for gossip on forums and am pretty naive as to the behind the scenes type stuff.
What happened over at EQBeastlords? who is yantis? whats going on?? lol.

is this our new home? someone throw me a bone...erm, i mean ball of yarn...or something like that.

thanks in advance.  :wink:

Tiggr

DiosT

Oaga, for personal reasons, sold the eqbeastlord.com to yantis, who is a leader in destroying the EQ game for those who follow the EULA and work for their characters...

Yantis runs character auction/sale sites, as well as buying/selling plat, etc. doing just about anything and everything to break the EULA...

because of it, lots of people want to leave the old community and run for the greener fields...

the plus side to the new community:

1) This new website will be updated
2) Forums are 100% free (at least atm)
3) Most the elder players dont like yantis, so the good posters from our old community are coming here as well..

The old community, which will now have advertisements on every page, is run by Yantis.. but Yantis does NOT maintain the website or the boards, he's handing out the website to someone else to maintain, and moderate... He is just the owner and wants to make money off the advertisements he's posted on his new site

BloodCelt

A lot of folks were also upset that our personal information was made available to someone notorious for spamming both email and forums.   I made a bee-line for my old profile on the old board and wiped all my personal information (email etc) out.  It's most likely too late though.

BC
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Leberger

I didn't erase my e-mail address, I just set up a new for fu_yantis  :twisted:
Move over skinny dog cause the fat dog's movin in.
Lebergerjr - 59 - Beastlord - KB

blpovar

Not only he breaks the EULA by selling plat, but he is also the biggest exploiter in the EQ history. Theres even a guy that made a site that talks about his exploits www.mysupersucker.com .

Laba

Apparently i was banned for linking this site
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

DiosT

most of us are :-P

logged on the board new years day to find i was no longer an admin or moderator :-P heh.. how nice?

DiosT

oh, and another good thing...

These boards are SOOO much faster then the old ones!

Buku

And just so you know Yantis pays people to maintain the website and forums so say goodbye to impartial moderation.
Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Former Moderator at an Unmentioned Beastlord Forum

Saerison

As I said on the necro forums.  The only way to hurt Yantis, is do exactly what the community did.  One user steps up to provide the board, several others step up for the set up.

We could not do this without the members either.  This is a COMMUNITY and it shows!

Saerison

Eatbugs

QuoteAnd just so you know Yantis pays people to maintain the website and forums so say goodbye to impartial moderation.

I'd heard rumors to that effect, but it was banned from discussion on the Monkly Business boards and I wasn't sure whether to believe it.  It's pretty obviously true now.
Grimgrey Dorfeater
Troll Wildblood
Undivided Faith
Drinal

Jendaru

I just dinged 13 and am very new to the BL community - arriving at the old boards just in time for the Bruhaha.  I also had never heard of Yantis before and out of curiosity I went to the website where he sells the stuff.  I have to say I got a big laugh reading HIS user agreement - made me wonder if people do to him what he does to the EULA.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a place to go for my research and a place to ask my questions.  I look forward to meeting more of you in game and on these boards.  And I am sorry that there has been such strife in the community these past couple weeks.

Jendaru
Beastlord of the 19th Season
Firiona Vie

Scalewulf

"And I am sorry that there has been such strife in the community these past couple weeks."  

/agree

BUT, it's exciting to see how fast the community (pretty much as one), packed up, left and the re-established as quickly as it is happening.  

It goes to show that we (beastlords) are indeed a very strong community. As one who remembers the days of all other classes looking at ours as a novelty, it's very gratifying/satisfying to see all of these people come together.  The Beastlord has definitely come of age!  This community is a rock!  

Much props to the Administrator and moderators!  /cheer

:D

Buku

Well since Oaga told us all in the moderator forum that Yantis might hire people to run the site I think it is pretty accurate. So yea payed moderators = lack of impartiality = cencorship
Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Former Moderator at an Unmentioned Beastlord Forum

soss

I love the fact that we embrace change and we hate to be exploited.

Spread the word.

edited for spelling
68 Ogre Feral Lord