Main Menu

Who is Kashmiir and what is this place?

Started by Kashmiir Battlekat, January 02, 2004, 04:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kashmiir Battlekat

-I own the board.
-I do not administrate the board daily.
-I am a 65 Beastlord on the Veeshan Server who just happens to work for a very nice, large, extremely robust Internet Service Providor who was kind enough to allow me to have Web Space :)

==== SHAMELESS PLUG INCOMING!====

Need an Internet Service Providor? Go to http://www.infinityinternet.com (yes yes, shameless plug). Thank you Infinity Internet!

====END SHAMELESS PLUG!====

Your true Administrators are DiosT and Buku. I am the behind the scenes guy who really only offers advise to our Admins, Moderates some and provides everyone with our new home.

We will be ad free.
No donations needed.
Bannerless.

I may plug Infinity Internet on the main web page for being kind enough to allow us a home here for free, but we will see. Dont get your panties in a bunch over it -hehe-

If you have problem or questions please let us know otherwise use the board and be happy.... and please do not spam other boards and sites with our site. Try and be subtle and polite :) Maybe place it in your Sig Line on other boards, but be cool about it :)

Zoban

A mention along lines of .. Hosting provided by .. or Hosting donated by .. would be most in tune for thier investment in bandwidth and hardware I would think ..

I work for an ISP aswell and look after my guild site I know the behind the scences costs of webhosting and the hardware investments that ISP's have.

Thank You again for quick action and may the new year, new site, new beasts and old all be better for it.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Thank you Zoban :)

Yes, it will likely be a small plug just to let our fine hosting company know that we appreciate there kindness in allowing us a home here.

Graggz

I have no problem at all with you adding a "hosted" by plug. Its rather nice that you and the company you work for is doing this, thanks.
Graggz
Feral Lord
Guild Leader Forgotten Legion
Bristlebane

shimruel

Kashmiir,

Thanks for the quick work to get us an alternative to the old site.  It is blatantly obvious that this community is willing to take care of, and stand up for itself.  We want to help shoulder the burdens of running this site be it either by donating time (such as done by the moderators and yourself), or cash to pay for the bandwidth/etc.  I might suggest a paypal link or something similar (community chest) to point people in the right direction.

Moderators,

You all did an awesome job on the old site,  I hope you all choose to continue.    This whole thing caused some hurt feelings, and some things might have been said/posted during the initial days that were later regretted.  If so, then now is the time to smooth things over rather than later.  I for one would like to see all the previous moderators move over here without leaving anyone behind.  Just a suggestion  :wink:

Kashmiir Battlekat

shimruel,
Thank you for the offer of payment, but this is a free site and one which I would hope would stay free. I certainly do not foresee any reason to request donations or payment of any kind.

I would hope the board would run itself with little in the way of interaction on our parts unless something breaks or something needs moderation.

Getting everything up and running is the most difficult of tasks and one which our fine admins "DiosT and Buku" have well in hand.

If you have SQL/PHP Expertise please PM DiosT. He is looking for you!
Edit: Not looking for help at this time ;-) fixed what i needed -DiosT

Domain names are cheap and I can cover that cost without difficulty. A new domain will be coming this weekend so prepare to change your bookmarks :)

Zorthar

Thank you for setting this board up ^_^

Ecsema Gorblimey

I wasn't a frequent poster on the old boards, but would gladly have donated to keep such a fantastic resource alive. I'm glad to see that action was swift and decisive following Yantis's takeover, and I think the community will survive just fine on these boards.

I'd like to extend my thanks for your setting up these boards, and look forward to adding the new link to my bookmarks.

Hats off to all those who had the conviction to move to a site unmarred by the likes of Yantis.

shimruel

Domain names are cheap... I know 8)

So is DNS bandwidth, but data/regular bandwidth is not (<1gb/day is cheap, but more starts to add up)...

$1000+/year is not uncommon and is noticeable for one person (like me), but not much of a problem when split 10ways/20ways/etc.

Just keep it in mind... if it becomes needed, it could even be stickied in the announcements forum (or one with low traffic... but one that would be seen from time to time by the board regulars)

:)

Whiptail_Warclaw

My Warders name is now Infinity...

Thank you to you and the ISP company you work for, for allowing us this site. I have no problem at all with you putting a banner saying they host us.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Kashmiir Battlekat

Quote from: Whiptail_WarclawMy Warders name is now Infinity...

Thank you to you and the ISP company you work for, for allowing us this site. I have no problem at all with you putting a banner saying they host us.

HA HA! Awesome man!

mac173

A link and "hosted by" on the home page is more than accptable, it is almost required. How can we NOT show our appreciation to the site that is saving our butt's from having to use EZBoards, or (yech) Yantis sponsored sites.  

I will repeat again, Kashmiir

THANK YOU!

DiosT

Yup, i'll add a link for Infinity Internet on there as soon as i get back to work on the page... right now i'm enjoying a nice bud and some munchies, and some waking hour rest :-P spent almost all day yesterday from noon til 3am this morning working on the board/website

Buku

Thanks much Kas! The speed of these boards so far blow away the previous site. And thanks for agreeing to let the forums run like they used to.  This is a comunnity that won't be turned into what some class boards have become notorious for. If you haven't read the Board policies I would highly recommend taking a look. Once everyone gets a chance to make their say I will make them official and permanent.
Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Former Moderator at an Unmentioned Beastlord Forum

sarjent

Where are these rules at?  I clicked on Rules and Regulations and it states only Mods can access that forum.