Main Menu

Min Grouping Lvl

Started by Roybane, January 03, 2004, 05:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roybane

Hi folks.  I took some time off from EQ and am now back.  Not wonting to do what I had already done a made a BST.  I have realy enjoyed him and am looking forward to grouping with my old friends with this new char.

Problem is alot of them are lvl 65.  Does anyone know the min lvl that can group with a 65 and get exp?

I think it may be 46 and I'm 44 now, so I was hoping to group with them by next week.

Kahir Rhom

45 or so sounds right to me, but I'm not really sure. Be aware that the xp you get will be a minimal share with such a wide level spread.

Firecaptn

Depends on where you group, In reg xp zones you can group at 44 in LDoN its 58. The amt of xp you get is not going to be much, but then again grouping with friends is what its all about.
Ecssema and Itchy
Level 65 Iksar Beastlord
Obsidian Aegis
Innoruuk Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=657783

Mindlet

For non ldon its actually 43. I tested this some time ago so I am sure about it. For ldon its 7 levels max between lowest and highest so 58 is correct.

Kryq

It is 43 anywhere.  I've tested it relatively recently on a couple of occations.

-Kryq

Jaeren

LDON level limits are a 7 level spread maximum. Everything else is level / 2 + level... or, 21.5 + 43 = 64.5.. not sure if it rounds up to 65 or down to 64, I can't remember if th elast of my chars to get over that poitn and group with my bst was 43 or 44 when i started that.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Shirrkarn Ayge

SavageSpirit Shirrkarn Ayge - Bertoxx

Clerbot Corenna Shirrez

Bosra

Having done much in the way of PL'ing, I can say that the min level for non-LDoN is 2/3 the highest level rounded down.  At 65 this is 43 (verified by actually grouping 43's with my 65mage for fast leveling).

Also, you don't get hosed on XP either

XP split is

Player_Level+5  / (Sum_Of_Player_Levels + (Num_Players*5))

So a 44 in a group of 65's gets

49 / 399 = 11% of the kill

The 65's get

70 / 399 = 17.5%

Considering those 65's are going to blow through things a group of 44's can't even touch, a level 44 person is essentially being PL'd by grouping with them.

Roybane

Thanks ofr the replys folks.  That is good news, though I wont be able to contribute to much yet, I can group with my freinds now.

One more question now though.  When I left group exp was determine by total experince.  What percentage of the exp you got for each kill was based on the lvls in your group.  But I heard this has change.  What are the new exp rules now?

Bosra

Already there for you

Quote from: BosraXP split is

(Player_Level+5) / (Sum_Of_Player_Levels + (Num_Players*5))