Main Menu

Discipline Reuse timer Fluxored

Started by Tenal, January 04, 2004, 04:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenal

Have any of you been experiencing a problem with the reuse timer for your discs?  I do have the new discs loaded,  they were working fine till the other day,  I petitioned to have a GM respond they are aware of this issue and are workign to resolve it asap.

What is happening to me is this....

You can reuse ability XXX in 17450 hours.  The timer does count down per time I am playing.

This translates to roughly just under 2 years in Real time.   One thing I need to clarify,  I restored my system to an earlier date.  My thoughts are that I need to reset my character so it gets realigned or whatever it is called.  Just what the GM said is making me think it is some other problem?  Though I am fairly confident this is the problem and the GM I talked to misunderstood what I put in petition.  He must of party too much for New Years and had big hangover.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Tenal Predator
[/url]

sillytigerkitty

happened to me as well, i logged off deleated some of my files ( ones the SoE tell you to allways deleate ) and logged back in no more problem....not sure only happened once and never agian....i will see if i can find the name of files i deleated once i get home this eve.
Tigerghost Bloodpaw
Eye of the Tempest
my stuff

Soriis

Double check your system time, its probably off by a few days.

bugman

i think its a greater problem, myself and several people ive talked to have had problems with extremely long repop time of spell gems. 3 times ive even cast a spell and simply not had any spell gems ungrey and had to relog once to get them to be refreshed. several times as well ive started to cast paragon or other AAs that have cast time, and it pauses at the beginning of the cast, one time for nearly 5 seconds before casting paragon. i think its all a related problem with the server update problems they were having that was cause odd agro managment, remember when id didnt seem for the life of you that your pet could taunt anymore. all the same deal i think
~Bugman - Venril Sathir

Tenal

I too was having refresh timer on spells taking too long....  but figured was just a server problem.

Where do I check the system time???
Tenal Predator
[/url]

Lithale

Double Click on the little clock down in the right corner, on your task bar in windows.  Make sure the Date and Time are correct.  People who have been experiencing this problem reported that their clocks and/or dates have been off.

You can all so go to the Control Panel from your start menu in Win XP.  Other win versions, I believe it's Start -> Settings -> Control Panel.

-Lithale

Tenal

DOH!!!

Bangs head on Desk...  I was thinking something in the EQ folders :lol:

Thanks, looks correct.  For some reason it got changed to 2002....  Odd.....

thanks again
Tenal Predator
[/url]

garios

I have noticed that when I cast the rage line of spells that the refresh time on my gems is about 5 minutes almost.  I also noticed a longer refresh on my gems after rememing my spells during a raid wipe.  It wasn't to long but it did seem odd.
PredatorCaterclaw Spirittalker - 67 Beastlord - Firiona Vie
Ancient Caterbite Spirittalker - 67 Shaman -Firiona Vie

Kivuli

I've figured out the refresh thing. If you use a discipline (say, Protective spirit) and then zone before that disc is finished (say, you used it long enough to drink a gate potion), your spell gems will not refresh until the discipline does.

Sorien

I believe I have heard of this problem before.  You should check your comp timer.  If it is out of whack, then your disc timers will be out of whack.

Korinth
33rd Season
Kane Bayle

Knaw

If you are using WinXP you should enter a NTP server adddress in the clock setting window, if you are using a different Windows version install one of the free NTP clients. It will look up the correct time from one of the many free NTP servers (you can find a list easily via Google) and you don't need to worry about your system clock running off by more then a few seconds.

Knaw
Knaw, the peachy Feral Lady.
Legendary Companions
The Tribunal

Mtinie

For those that remember (and occasionally still see):

"You cannot mend for 456932301 seconds."

Fixing your clock works most of the time, but occasionally, as has been the case with monk mend every so often, its a server-side issue that needs to be tracked down.  I am quite sure they didnt re-write the /disc from scratch for each one, and I bet there is some bad code that pops up at times that will have to be resolved.
Mtinie and Meatloaf
Sans Requiem - Xev

EmrysX

wow, so they still have the disc time using the system clock? Hello exploits!

Man, I'd figure that this would be worthy of an emergency downtime heh.
http://www.drew.idlegames.com/images/temp/sqlsig.jpg" />