Main Menu

MOD SUGGESTIONS...

Started by Kashmiir Battlekat, January 01, 2004, 08:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kashmiir Battlekat

Kilantiz - a Pillar in our Beastlord Community. A nice gentleman and truely devoted to the Beastlord Class and the Game in general.

Buku - A well rounded, very respected leader in our Beastlord community.

Jowaa - Outspoken and dedicated to our Family.

Tipop - Need I say more?

These 4 I would like to see as MODS on this site. Do you have other suggestions or complaints about the above?

Please post here!

Kashmiir Battlekat

Oh and I should say that I personally will take very little direct moderation and administration of these forums. I will leave it up to our esteemed Moderators to keep our community policed and on track.

I will provide the home for all of us, but it is up to YOU, the Beastlord, to make it cozy and a nice place to be.

Buku

All I ask is that the moderators do not have any moderation rights at the old forums. So if the people you pick accept they need to resign from EQBeastlords.
Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Former Moderator at an Unmentioned Beastlord Forum

Kashmiir Battlekat

Buku, do you accept the position Sir?

Buku

Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Kashmiir Battlekat

Welcome Buku to Forums Moderator!

Take it away.... Ill help as much as I can and promote those to Moderator/Admin Status asap.

Kashmiir Battlekat

Buku is now a Forums Adminstrator and DiosT is a Moderator.

Ukator Iceblood

Those four are fine by me:)
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Tipop

I just thought I'd stop by and let you all know I will NOT be helping out here. I will not further subject myself to the blatant lack of appreciation I experienced recently.

When Munie called me a piece of crap, and Buku called me a sellout, I expected *some* people to come to my defense. After spending years working on the beastlord community, donating hundreds of dollars to keep the various message boards going during hard times, donating sometimes hours of my time each day to policing and moderating offensive people, writing FAQs and tutorials on the game and on art... after all of this, not one person felt like saying "Hey, don't call Tipop names. He's just trying to help people."

Not one person.

No, I'm not going to help out here or anywhere else. I am resigning from the beastlord community. People I thought were my friends or at least collegues turned their back on me, and I don't feel like subjecting myself to that again.

http://www.shootingiron.com/tipop/notherkrag.jpg" width="500" height="200" border="0" usemap="#nothermap">"Furyhttp://www.talislanta.com/tipop/fury">"Tipop'shttp://www.talislanta.com/tipop/">"Kraggan'shttp://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=120506&resize=true">

Llorath

Shrug.. dont know if you will even read this or not ( although i have a sneaking suspicion you will come back to see anyway ).

You are off base a little when you say no one appreciated your work and effort.  Even buku said he did appreciate your efforts, just not your actions during this time.

Unfortunately, i couldnt defend you for a couple reasons... one, you dont need my defense, as you have been in the community much longer than i have ( and i am not a newcomer ).

Second, i disagreed pretty strongly with your message ( which came across to me as " yantis is ok, give him a chance" ). That may not have been the message you were trying to come across with, but its how it came out.

In fact, it almost sounded as if you HAD been payed to continue on and administrate the site. No clue if you had or hadnt, and its really none of my business, but thats how it came across.

it angered some folks obviously.

Some, like myself, just decided  to wish oga well, lament a bit over the way things  went down, and pack up and move here.  Others were more verbal, but the message was there ( basically, we dont like yantis, and wont be staying ).

Kashmiir has already said anyone who plays a beast is welcome here... I know you spent a lot of time and effort on the old site, and for that i am greatful, i just didnt agree with your new message after the sale.

This is ok, grown people can agree to disagree, but frankly i dont understand your anger at supporting what you knew was an unpopular decision.  Kudos to you for sticking to your convictions, but you had to know it was unpopular, and would upset some people.. so your venom now i frankly dont understand.

Yeah, before you say " who are you ?".. just a pretty much faceless member of eqbeastlord (well -ex member), who was a poster / reader there for about a year or so.  No one special, no  moderator title, not even that well known i am sure.. but still a member with ( thoughts and opinions ).

--Elder Llorath Lynxfang
Feral Lord

Hereki

Well, I haven't seen whatever thread you are referring to, Tipop, so I can't comment on whatever you might have said there.

But, as Llorath has said, you are much appreciated, both for what you have contributed over the years, your constant support of beastlords while other moderators have faded in and out, and because, frankly, you were the most balanced of all the moderators.

shenker

I stopped going to the boards I guess before whatever was said was said. Don't think for an instant that people do not appreciate the time and effort you put in bro.
Shenker

Troll Wildblood on Test Server
My main since Dec 2001 through thick and thin.
I LOVE MY BEAST!

WOW- Shenker 60 Human Priest on Lightbringer. (retired)

Buku

Before you go quitting everything for the drama effect how about actually reading the thread again. You will find that you misunderstood most of what was said. I won't however takeback the sellout comment as it applies to anyone that would align themselves with a board sponsored by someone that finds nothing wrong in destroying EQ for their own personal gain. That being said I would like to see you moderate here but not unless you understand how damaging the support of EQbeastlords is to the community.
Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Thrashum Gud

QuoteNo, I'm not going to help out here or anywhere else. I am resigning from the beastlord community. People I thought were my friends or at least collegues turned their back on me, and I don't feel like subjecting myself to that again.

Tipop, here's your post from EQBeastlords.com

QuoteMy first instinct was to leave also. I don't care to be associated with Yantis. However, for the good of the Beastlord community I think it's better if we remain where we are now.

EZboard is not really an option. We used to be there, remember. We abandoned it because our community grew so large that we couldn't afford the outrageous bandwidth charges EZBoard imposes. Thus the choice will be to either be unsuccessful at gathering the community, or else to grow and be successful, in which case we'll be back where we were before, unable to afford the robbery of EZBoard.

Starting a bunch of other boards isn't the option either... we will fracture into a bunch of small groups with no unified community. We'll be like enchanters.

We've been given assurances that very little will change. We won't be inundated by popup adds or anything. I've decided to remain here as admin for now, and wait to see how things go. I've worked too hard at building the community to see it be destroyed just yet.

I understand where you are coming from, I understand your anger and I do not blame you at all.  Sadly things have in fact changed, from post deletions to changes that barr any link to this site, to the ban of various accounts and the removal of mods with no notice.

You may feel it is for the good of the bestlord community to remain, we disagree.  I'm sorry you caught flak for your choice.  This is an emotional issue and it shows in many people's postings.

For whatever it is worth I think you are one of the most fair and impartial mods I've ever encountered on any forum.  I hope you reconsider and take a mod spot here but I understand if you elect not to.

Kashi

Pity party for one, now being seated...