Main Menu

How to fix beastlord DPS: A "What If?" thread.

Started by Oiingo, August 06, 2005, 06:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kroe

Beside's the whole hybrid self-proc buff, what has also been asked for before, is a stackable self multibuff, aka something like the sk-ranger-pal self buffs. 

The potential of this sort of buff for us is that they could add anything to this, ala proc, procratemod, etc.  In essence, even with current weapons, what if bst's had a self imbued procratemod of for example 200% (via said mythical multi-buff), so that current multiclass weapons would just 'proc more' in a beast's hands?  Even monk/bst weapons would just 'proc more' for us than monks, lessening the pure ratio dps advantage they get from the same weapon.  I couldn't really see a self imbued procratemod buff being a pure balancing tool, more as a vehicle to minimize the disparities that are currently evident.

Wreckers - Bertoxxulous - Saryrn

Vashin

Let me rephrase, I don't mean to get rid of our Fero line. I'm saying since Ferocity of Irionu isn't very different then Ferocity, just change FoI. If a rogue asks for Fero just give him the lvl 65 one, not like its a huge difference in atk.

So basically just make FoI self only.

Bengali

I was talking about the level 70 version.  There's a difference in 37 raw attack (about 49 attack in game) and rogues tend to want as much attack as they can get.  On the rare occasions where I have both versions memmed to accomodate everyone, there's some grumbling from those who get the "crappy version". :P

And while we might not think it's a "huge difference," rogues do, it seems.  After all, they will use Strength of the Hunter over Spiritual Vitality, and there's only a difference of 23 attack between those spells (and 125 hps).  We shouldn't underestimate the desires of some people to min/max.

Anyway, we already have fewer spells than the other hybrids to begin with (post-65, at least) so there isn't any reason to have to "change" one of our spells into something completely different anyway.  The spell is already live, and people are using it.  No matter what, there will be some people who will be tweaked if they just up and change the thing entirely.  Instead, they could just add a new spell, since there's more than enough room for it.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"