Main Menu

Question about Feral Guard

Started by Ukator Iceblood, August 30, 2005, 08:50:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukator Iceblood

Just picked this up, never had the other block type spell we got from LDON. When should I be throwing it on my pet? I'm a Qvic level beast, raid a little bit but not a ton. Should I only cast this before big mobs or should I have it up most times?
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Shamno

I usually use it on the AoE'ers of all kinds. Usually the hard rampagers...it won't help much but it allow your warder to take a few hits before taking damage. With Feral I think it is 3 hits of any kind. Think the theory with the spell was with that and pet heals your pet could survive better, but this is seldom the case.

Essant

Use it when pet-pulling with a green pet and use it on raid mobs where you know and expect there to be some nasty DD AE's.  Dont bother with it the rest of the time.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Buzak

in groups this is rarely usefull.
raids: against mobs that have AE effects incl rampage it does wonders. also against mobs that enrage, it can sumtime be hard with mobs hitting for 2k dyin fast to get pet back off before it get eaten by the ripostes, this gives you a warning.

Buzak Ubertroll & fluffy ubergater

Kanan

I actually have it up almost all the time & tend to cast it a fair amount.

It is useless when you are in an environ where every other mob has a DS tho, bcs the pet will eat up the rune on the DS in the first round of swings.

It can let the pet have a better chance to get away from the AE ramp mobs when ur pulling them back.  I think putty's survived at 10% sometimes on those strictly bcs of the rune.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar