Main Menu

Stop for AAs at 75 or 76?

Started by Azire, April 13, 2008, 03:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azire

I am new to the class after playing a Shaman for 4+ years. My question is with the stuff at 76 like Wurine AA, Triple Atk, new focus, etc. should i do my AAs at 76 or stay at 75? Keep in mind, I duo quite a bit with a 76(and holding) Pally in Direwind for XP. Thanks in advance for the advice.

hokarz

I would go to 76 and if you are grouping exclusively with the paladin, stay the same level he is and work on aa's together. It wouldn't hurt either of you to level to 77 since the mobs in the boneyard (I assume the boneyard since you are grouping with a paladin) are level 71 to 75. Some mobs will turn light blue so the aa exp will slow down a little bit, but your kill rate should climb considerably. At 76 we go to the next higher damage table. At 78 we get a pet that can tank!
Savage Lord Hokarz

Nusa

The new pet and focused paragon are two very big reasons to level up a bit. But there is no right answer to this kind of question.

Kanan

When i was leveling up to 80, I stopped at 78(? Whatever min level for it is) to get Focused Para.  After that I went back to grinding to 80 again.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Chasom

I would think the DPS boost the warder got at 78 would be bigger than that of quite a few AAs.

Kanan

I've not tried a comparison while it's OTing on the dps of the 78 vs lower pet, but one tremendous advantage the new pet has over old ones: it is a viable grouping OT, rather than a 1 rounded speedbump. (When its not OTing, its damn sure a lot more dps)

Hell, pet clericing can be a viable option for some (I don't do it because when I do the pet OT split on a 2 pull, the pet's mobs at abt 50%, and it's usually been beating on it a lil longer and with 1 cast of HatM at the least with it too.) with the 78 pet.  The power gain is prolly comparable to the power gain from getting the 62 pet vs its predecessors.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Azire

With the new AA system, I am getting 9% per kill solo w/o lesson at 75 and a lil over 100 AAs doing WoS murks. I would love to see what a level 78 is getting per kill there. I am all for leveling to 78 if the XP will be comparable. I just ran lesson and got 4 AAs. If comparable XP, i should be able to bang out 6 or better with the dps 78 brings.

Spiritclaw

I started soloing in TBS at 78 with the new pet.  I was earning 2 AAs per lesson (this is at 1200 AAs).  At 1400 I'm making 3 AAs per lesson (though occasionally I do slightly better).  I know that Murks weren't as good as the South Wall mobs (by zone), and the chimera/bazu/etc weren't as good as TBS.  One thing I loved about the island I started soloing (have moved) is that the snakes and lizards were non kos to beasts and only had to worry about named and undead (2 named and undead easy to avoid once you figure out spawns).
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server