Main Menu

Buku... hey! This is for you!

Started by Kashmiir Battlekat, December 31, 2003, 11:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kashmiir Battlekat

Buku

Give me a note at [email protected].

Since you already have done all the hard work I see no sense in reinventing the wheel. I just want to chat about policies before I ask everyone to make this the official board.
Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Former Moderator at an Unmentioned Beastlord Forum

Buku

To make things faster here are the policies I'd like to get in writing so everyone can see them. If anyone sees something I missed lets add it if it makes sense. If We can agree in principal to these following guidelines then you have my 100% support.

1. No ads the promote questiionable behavior in or out of the game. Any future ads should be tasteful and not in violation of the EQ EULA.

2. No cencorship except in the case of foul laguage.

3. No post deletions AT ALL. Any post deemed not in keeping with community building will at most be moved to a location that info can be retrieved if needed. Stressing never delete posts.

4. No flaming allowed period.

5. No posts that promote violation of any laws or EQ EULA.

6. Everyone is welcome here without predjudice including those people that support the EQbeastlord sale. No exceptions.

7. People that vilolate the boards policy will receive notice prior to suspension. Suspensions will last 3 days minimum and any further violation will result in permanent banning.

8. Moderators will be required to follow all the boards policies. There will not be two sets of rules.

9. Future additions of policies will be posted at least 3 days before people will begin being held to that policy.
Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Buku

Oh and I'm not asking to be a moderator. You pick them its your board. I just would like to know that whomever you pick is willing to abide by the spirit of the formere forum before I ask everyone to make this the board of choice. I will of course ask SOE to switch their link to point to the official forum and not one that runs counter to their policies.
Bukar
65 Feral Lord
Lanys

Buru Whitebear
65 Prophet
Lanys

Kashmiir Battlekat

Excellent post Buku.

Actually I had you directly in mind of being the Co-Admin of this site.

I am usually a very busy person and will rely on my Co-Admin and MODS to run most of the show.

I think your list of Policies if just fine and acceptable.

To Everyone.

I am reviewing some authority right now in phpbb. I will then be offering some very high profile Beastlords in our community the MOD Positions.

DiosT

Quote3. No post deletions AT ALL. Any post deemed not in keeping with community building will at most be moved to a location that info can be retrieved if needed. Stressing never delete posts.

I think we should have the following Exceptions:

-Double+ posts
-Poster-requested deletion

DiosT

Quote2. No cencorship except in the case of foul laguage.

While this isn't vocal censorship, Possible problems:

-Distoring of Forums.. tables/images may need to be edited/linked/deleted to preserve the forum layout, and just want to cover myself since I frequently edit posts with 1200x1024 picture, bad table code, signatures with errors/too much spacing, etc.

Maybe can add in a 'clause' # that states Posts/signatures will be edited if needed to preserve the forum of the board in cases of Images, Tables, or other objects that are wider than needed and are distorting the boards