Main Menu

What class to add?

Started by Hinthi, July 12, 2006, 04:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinthi

Currently I 4-box the group shown in my sig, a warrior(my main), a beastlord, a cleric, a wizard.  With SOE reactiviting accounts that have not been active for a while I am going to see if I can get my computer to handle running an other account.

If I can I have a time geared 67 druid I can add.  However, one of the primary reasons I want to add a toon is to get a puller into my crew.  Outdoors the druid would be great, I could get the summon to corpse AA in the event my cleric dies, back up heals, back up ports and better snares.  With a mage I would get CoH, malos, better pet pulling ability then my BL offers, pet toys and mod rods.  A bard would offer better pulling, resist songs, overhaste songs, improved damage songs and regen songs.

My other option is I could drop the BL for a shaman or enchanter and then add a ranger or a similar class that could tank in emergencies.  My warrior is my main so I would not drop him and my wizard is my favorite box to raid with.  So those two are pretty much locked in and clerics healing is too good to drop out.  So the beastlord is the only one I would consider swapping out although he is finally starting to get some AAs under his belt and some better gear so I would be reluctant to do that.

Anyhow.  I am fishing for ideas.  :-D
Luclin
Cantus Fidelis
Vanquisher Jearom
Wildblood Hinthi
Prelate Claimon
Grand Arcanist Xerksen

Ikkorus

I would add the mage.  They're good DPS without having to worry about spamming alot of keys.  I wont lie to you...bards are a pain in the ass to box especially if you're doing more than two characters at once.  With four you'd be hard pressed to twist the amount of songs that would make him worth adding to the group.  Mages are great utility...good pullers...and wicked DPS (just from their pets alone).

Khauruk

I think I've told you how much I love mage fire pet pulling before.  It just rocks.  You'd lose some dps there, but pick up debuffs to help w/ the wizards nukes.  Pet weaps for a bit more BST dps as well.

You could def. do some of the harder camps we've talked about w/ the bard...they just rock, and no need to twist anymore, if you pay half an eyes attention to your short buff box.

You have your dr00d already, but imo it seems the weakest addition.  You have overlap utility (succour, ports).  You don't get any debuffs to help the wiz out iirc.  Limited pulling as well.

I'd go mage personally.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Griksh

I currently box a bst, cleric, necro and mage and to be honest the mage is a valued member of the team.
I normally run the mage to camp then use Call of the Hero to get all the bots to it, saves running each one (or walking with the /follow bug when running multiple accounts on same machine).

As for "boxability", Mage runs on basically 2 hotbuttons;
1. /assist bst with /pet attack and
2. Nuking one which casts Hosts of the elements (spam pets, 15min timer) and the Servant of Ro (Flappy drake thing, 9min timer) using
the /alt act ## command, followed by Mala and 2 nukes.

Other Mage Abilities
Mod rods help keep Mana levels high,
Burn dps is awesome once they all crit aa's and some semi decent gear,
pet toys
Invis stones (you have wiz for invis, but in my group invis was a problem before mage came along)
Damage Shield, With the highest DS and then mark of the blameless from the cleric, i think my DS is about 110.
Mage Aura, the level 70 aura raises pet DPS by 10%. This is a significant boast to my team which has bst, mage and necro pets in it.
Fire pet pulls are awesome, they make it look almost trivial.
Air pet with a HoT can tank just about any trash that your likely to box.

darury

I'm actually alternating between bard and mage, with the bard winning with about 70% of the time.

I intiailly adopted the account to add the mage (think he was 61ish? when I got him).  I leveled him up to 70, got a couple hundred AA done and decided to just "test drive" the 55 bard that also happened to be on the account.

The mage still leads in the AA department, but I have to say, I do love having the bard with me.  It allows me to spend even more time focused on the beastlord, increased DPS on the beastlord, HUGE damage shields, haste, attack, resists, and of course, insane pulling and CC.

One of these days I'm going to parse beastlord and pet with bard doing average songs versus beastlord and pet combined with mage and pet (no nukes) to see how much DPS I'm actually losing.

Of course, added DPS doesn't really help if you're sitting at bind due to a bad pull.   :-o
The Action Figure Army
Darsacat 70 Beastlord -- Darury 70 Cleric --  Nulyen 70 Druid -- Mjah 70 Magician -- Jumlum 70 Bard

howard

If you dont need crowd control very much, I will suggest Nec
Backup rez , Dps not bad , FD pull and FD PET pull, Mana Tap
Nec is very good class for box like Mag , lower dps but more function for group survival
And with /pet hold , you can bring it to raid with your Wiz , almost no effort like Mag
if you need call of hero
Nec summon corpse with rez ......alsmot the same....almost...kekeke:evil:

And whatever what class you add, pls dont forget keep a RP Tank
A lot task need RP tank now