Main Menu

Revised top 10 list (July 21st)...

Started by Tastian, July 22, 2004, 03:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katsandra

I like piercers personally.  I don't think it's asking a lot to have the skill raised.  I don't mind if it's a little below the rogue class but fifty is too much.

Just my two cents

It also wouldn't bother me to move BF to the top of the list.  It might give the a clue how serious we are about it

Tastian

I spoke with them about it and the order of the list has no baring on things.  I've already brought up the BF issue a few times and bards may add it to their top 10 list as well.  I can assure you it is and will remain very clear to them that this needs attention.  hehe

Fibbs

I'll agree with all said here.

Just on the group IoS, it would still be very usefull especially to the casual player base. So at the very least GoD spells should have the no drop flag removed.
But the fact still remains (as already said), Terupta spirit rarely gets used by those who get it if at all.

Group Kragg is a much better option to the end game BL. But it would be nice to keep Terupta somehow for the casual players even the casual raiders if they could get it of course.

Spose i'm repeating whats already been said realy....

Fibbs

Tastian

It's ok to repeat what has already been said.  In fact it's good.  I think some people see something they agree with and don't chime in and then I have no way of knowing if 1 person liked the idea, or 5 people.

Grymlok

Quote from: FibbsJust on the group IoS, it would still be very usefull especially to the casual player base. So at the very least GoD spells should have the no drop flag removed.
But the fact still remains (as already said), Terupta spirit rarely gets used by those who get it if at all.

Group Kragg is a much better option to the end game BL. But it would be nice to keep Terupta somehow for the casual players even the casual raiders if they could get it of course.
Fibbs
The problem is that group IoS only drops in Kod`Taz+.  It isn't one of the two that can drop in sewers or tipt/vxed.  As such, the quantity of "casual" players who even have a chance at getting it are extremely small.

Me personally, I have all the (non-ancient) GoD spells except for group IoS, and I have no intention on ever ayeing/rolling on that rune.

The Berserker: Foecussed

mythral

i like piercers myself too, and i think it could be a way to seperate us more from monks if they could itemize some decent piercers.

theres already one in god that compares well to our 2 h2h options there, its 23/19, the only 2 h2h weapons ive seen from god are 25/19 and 25/21.

i even seem to recall back when beastlords were first released, the description provided for them said somethin about beastlords prefering to use weapons that mimic animal claws, or small piercing weapons.

Shere Khaan

I dunno about group Kragg, and I always disliked group IoS from the start. If they give us a group kragg then they need to give us a group focus in the next expansion too as the HP buff appears gets a much needed upgrade.

My preference is for a heal. Some people may not use chloroblast but I see it as a far more widely used spell than a group hp buff that will get superceded very shortly anyhow.

Shere Khaan

Ekss

I would actually love to get group IoS. I'm a 'casual' player in the sense that I'm in a family guild, not a raiding one, and I've recently become flagged for KT, so I will certainly be rolling on that rune if it drops.
I realise I'm in a fairly unusual situation, though, so I definitely agree with others who have said that it's silly that it drops in KT.

I'd like to add that I think you're doing a great job, Tastian. I'm impressed at how much time you must be spending sorting all this out for us.
Ekss Vyxl
71 Beastlord, Povar

Rarrum

I cast heals a lot.  On bosses especially, I'll often cast a couple heals on the MT before going in, just to be on the safe side of getting agro from an early proc.  Also, in GoD where bosses die relatievly fast, a large mana pool can't be used for more damage, so I often throw out heals between 2hb swings.

I've had Tureptan Spirit a little bit now (rune was going to rot), and haven't yet memmed it once.  The last time I even casted regular infusion was probably several weeks ago, but it's been long enough that I can't recall exactly.

mythral

turn group ios into a pet HoT spell and id be a happy clam ;p

doin kragg on the melees when im a buffer doesnt bother me, and i dont really see an aproximatly 100hp more heal as bein particularly usefull either.

Iskandar

My opinion is still to make Tureptan Spirit group IOS AND Kragg (a Beastlord version of Focus). We could then push to get the OoW spell Yeslin's Mending (556 hp heal -- our ONLY OoW heal, too) moved from 67 to 66 and have a second heal added at 69 or 70. Getting a 525 hp heal at 65 will just make a 556 heal at 67 look weak, and I'm sure we can all see the "we need a better heal" comments that would come as a result. Omens of War is slated for release in a little over a month, so we shouldn't just ignore it.

I don't think we have any chance of getting the Tureptan Spirit spell made droppable, as no other class will have a droppable spell. An alternative might be to swap it for Turepta Blood in the loot tables so that the buff can be acquired in the sewers and trials and the dot becomes the common KT+ spell (Jelki is a mind-numbingly common rune in KT from what I can see). Thus casual players could more easily get the group buff and it could actually become useful.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

Bengali

Quote from: IskandarMy opinion is still to make Tureptan Spirit group IOS AND Kragg (a Beastlord version of Focus).

That would be a fine idea.  It would be overwritten by shaman buffs and provide fewer hps and stats so they wouldn't have anything to complain about, and it would be more of an upgrade than it is now, which makes it closer to what a Kod'taz spell should be.   It's still not the greatest spell, but then I could use it when there's no shaman around, and it's common for buff upgrades simply to combine two or more lower buffs into one spell.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

kukana

I actually like this idea.  A lesser Focus spell.  It uses one buff slot and would get overwritten by Fo7.

As long as Dex and Strength would still stack (they don't with Focus), I'm all for this.
Kukana
Feral Lady
Tunare <Shadow of the Dragon>
--
Magelo Profile

Khathor

I would like to see the backward claw issue fixed.  Once one of the top 10 issues is resolved this one should take it's place in my opinion.  

Oh and thanks for running the list!   :D

sierf

I think that lesser focus is a great idea. I think they would make it a oow spell before they change the GoD spell though.
Sierf
Son of Cazic