Main Menu

The Top 10

Started by Urim, December 10, 2004, 06:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urim

I'm a fairly patient person, don't usually get frustrated over many things but lately I've been getting irritated. Taking a look at our Top 10 list is starting to get to me. We have several items that have been on the list since mid October and yet according to the latest update (Dec 9th) "we currently do not have any development feedback on this issue." We have been sitting for a month and a half waiting to hear about these things and they don't even have the courtesy to say anything. Take into account that "DPS for all classes to be re-evaluated in the future" has been said for months now, just when is this future they are talking about? When people finally get fed up and start leaving in even bigger numbers?

And the icing on the cake. "Epic 1.5 effect:  A fix for this issue will be making it's way to Test server soon." They have known about this stacking issue since the beginning of October and the fix is just about to go to test? There is a patch in roughly 5 days, if it isn't fixed and on live with patch im going to be livid. Hate the fact that not only is the effect pretty much worthless but that the worthless buff doesn't even work. Just makes me want to go out and start working on 2.0 all the more (oh wait, that crappy quest isn't working either).

Sorry about this, just needed to vent some. Tastian your doing a great job, those devs just need to get their act together and realize communication is probably one of the bigger reasons many people are leaving this game for others, they got tired of being ignored.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Tastian

It's understandable urim I know lots feel the way you do.

The updated top 10 list is from yesturday or day before (I don't know what day it is atm lol).  Let me mention a few things that I know...

-  The 1.5 effect was going to be fixed back in oct. you are right and they've known about it.  Beyond that they should have known just from testing it, but it fell through the cracks somehow.  The "fix" going to test will help not only the 1.5 actually work, but also things like hobble and NDT hopefully.  In addition to the code that actually allows multiple procs the effect should have its stacking fixed so that it always lands.  These aren't the only things though.  I've mentioned issues with the effect itself and how the only reason more haven't complained about the epic itself is because most don't even bother trying to get it to work anymore.  The defensive portion for our pet really doesn't fit with how our pets work for us later on.  The information text mentions a defensive proc like what the mage version does, but that is no where to be seen.

Basically we have the first fix hitting test that is a fix to pet buffs stacking/working properly.  In addition to that someone is taking a look at all epic effects, so hopefully we'll see some tweaks to the effect as well.

-  DPS is a huge issue and I honestly wish they were working on it really hard long ago.  If you look through the top 10 lists of the 16 classes you'll see about 7 or 8 (didn't check last time update) instances of people having this as an issue.  Some are wrong about it, some are valid in it, but it's a huge thing.  I know code has gone in (or might be going in very soon) to allow mobs in game to log themselves.  That will allow them to collect a lot of "real world" data.  I have no idea on a time frame, but they are atleast starting to do things on this even if we aren't seeing any attempts hitting test or anything like that yet.  I've also thrown a lot of parses at various people and had talks with other corr's and things about just how off beastlord aggro is, how off our damage is, etc.  *shrugs*

I think a lot of us have been very reasonable and some of these things should have gotten more attention awhile ago.  Like I said I don't know just how much will go into this patch, but as an unoffical swag I'd guess within a couple patches after this we'll start seeing somethings(if we don't start seeing some of them sooner).  There seems to be more movement and things actually going on atm, but I honestly can't say what will become of it.  *shrugs*  Feel free to PM me to vent more anytime, I get a few every week usually.  8P

Strigori

if it doesnt make it to test in the next couple days, we wont get it on the 15th, and will end up waiting till the next patch, which would be 4-6 weeks off.  And somehow thier version of "soon" doesnt  strike me as in the next couple days.  Just between this one issue and the total lack of feedback on other items that have been on there for months, shows where beasts rate on thier order of importance.  But, if we were to get a bugadded in the patch that gave the warders some ungodly power, there would be  afix in less than 24hrs and an emergency patch to  send it live. only things that inconvience players get to wait, but bugs that fall give players an unfair advantage get high priority.  

And they wonder why people are getting fed up and leaving....
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Caradis

Aye Aye

What pissed me off the most, was they found time to actually nerf the epics damage almost right away.

But the click could wait a couple months before getting a fix.