Main Menu

Is anyone tending our top 10?

Started by Zannar, April 20, 2005, 01:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zannar

Very little activity here or on the official forums.  I would have thought there would be some discussion about our top 10 vrs the phase 1 reenvisioning changes.

Are we still maintaining this list?

Tastian

The lists went from being updated by sony once every two weeks to once every month.  Then we fell into this lull where nothing actually happend so things stayed the same.  With the re-envisioning announcements I asked people if they wanted to update the list now based upon what was said or keep it the same for one more round and see how the changes were actually implemented.   Here's a link to the thread that's on this page about it...

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php/topic,5126.0.html

Re-envisioning mentioned the new slow, but it's not available on live servers yet.  Also there looks like there maybe an issue for many with how it's obtained which means the issue will change from "we need a new slow" to "we need to be able to aquire the new slow to reasonably perform in the area where the new slow is atm" lol.  Dps (both sustained and burst) are still being evaluated.  Our "utility" issues haven't seen any tweaks.  Pet heals have been mentioned as being under consideration, but nothing has changed yet.   Our aggro issues sort of got tweaked with changes to poison dots, but that's only part of it.

As always feel free to mention changes or clarifications you'd like to see on the top 10 list.  I hope that we see some more changes to spells/dps in the near future and the list will change, but as it stands most beastlords feel they have the same issues they have had for awhile now.

Zikkar

so more or less we getting ignored on the list for the most part eh?
Zikkar
Firiona Vie
Feral Lord of Infernal Destiny

Mahes

It's not really ignored, as many of the issues are addressed in varying levels, but they're still in the process of implementing them as part of their changes to all the classes.

To a degree it definitely gives the impression of being ignored, and it's not specific to us.  All classes are in a bit of a lull with the lists from what I've seen.  Granted we receive a lot less feedback in our EQLive forum than some of them, but that's likely more due to the issues at hand.

I assume their hands are full coding and testing and changing things for their rebalancing and once it's fully implemented we can all re-evaluate the Top 10.

Tastian

A lot of the issues have atleast been acknowledged which is the first step.  Both dps issues are supposed to be being looked at and they are collecting data.  The slow has a spell.dat entry, but isn't live and we aren't sure how we will aquire it yet.  The pet heals have been mentioned, but nothing has been done yet.  So although not a lot of the things from the list have been implemented and "fixed" at this point most of them have been acknowledged and are being on to one degree or another.  That's why I say hopefully either next update or the one after that we'll have a few spots open to add/tweak things.  8)

Strigori

the dev post on our boards really made it look like the slow wil be implemeted as a 4th rune, which is, fair to say, going to be extreemly unpopular. Especially given the difficulty if aquiring Glowings, and ahveing to take a worthless spell ahead of it.
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

Urim

Just picked up a glowing rune tonight just in case.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Zanois

QuoteEspecially given the difficulty if aquiring Glowings

I really don't understand how so many apparent bst's are missing there 70's, granted im in a raiding guild so are maybe a little easier to obtain, PG trials etc....

However the past few days ive been exping at 6 way in MPG, and on one day we had 4 glowings drop and 1 greater drop in about 3 hours of exping, tonite just clearing to hatred trial we had a glowing drop from Miseryfiend Ghio, on an average exp nite I would expect to see at least 2-3 glowing runes.

With the increased drop rate, it shouldn't be that difficult, someone even posted here that there passing on the 3rd glowing to their cleric twink cause its only ferocity, and then complaining that the new slow might possibly be our 4th glowing turn in,  the new Ferocity has its uses, as I stated earlier...

/shrug just don't understand some people I guess....

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre

Hereki

Quote from: Strigori on April 21, 2005, 03:30:03 AM
the dev post on our boards really made it look like the slow wil be implemeted as a 4th rune, which is, fair to say, going to be extreemly unpopular. Especially given the difficulty if aquiring Glowings, and ahveing to take a worthless spell ahead of it.
What was posted would also fit it being bought with mission points, although I did notice that everyone seemed to assume that it would be a rune.

I also notice that a lot of discussion has sprung up about the aggro reduction on poison counters.  It seems that everyone who didn't object to it before is whining now, and the people who wanted it can't be bothered to post.

Jkal_Shihar

I have full faith in Tast in that he'll make sure they post something to keep me quiet  :evil:

Actually Hereki, It took me awhile to post something bout the reduction on poison dots. Was one of the few for it and just had to stop laughing at those that were against it as a aggro getter.  I love it now cause now its not how long to see a tank take aggro back now its how long till i can steal aggro from a tank. :-D
Animist Jkal Shi`har and tigger
Arch Animist of the Tribunal Server
My Magelo
*still my main since dec. 2001*

Firriann

Quote from: Zanois on April 21, 2005, 05:37:50 AM
QuoteEspecially given the difficulty if aquiring Glowings

I really don't understand how so many apparent bst's are missing there 70's, granted im in a raiding guild so are maybe a little easier to obtain, PG trials etc....

However the past few days ive been exping at 6 way in MPG, and on one day we had 4 glowings drop and 1 greater drop in about 3 hours of exping, tonite just clearing to hatred trial we had a glowing drop from Miseryfiend Ghio, on an average exp nite I would expect to see at least 2-3 glowing runes.

With the increased drop rate, it shouldn't be that difficult, someone even posted here that there passing on the 3rd glowing to their cleric twink cause its only ferocity, and then complaining that the new slow might possibly be our 4th glowing turn in,  the new Ferocity has its uses, as I stated earlier...

/shrug just don't understand some people I guess....

lesse. 2 months constant farming rift, 17 glowing drops, 17 losses. last two weeks in mpg, 8 glowings, 6 losses. would have been 7 losses, but the winner, friend of mine, passed to me so i could finally have my pet. thats without counting glowings that dropped in raids, that i had to pass to clerics, druids, ench, shamans. but that was pretty much every classes that had to pass to them (group buffs for better survivability i guess =x) so, some people do -not- have a choice to not having all their 70s, some people just either have really bad luck on rolls (like me) or just dont see them drop.
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Grbage

I've only seen a couple greater runes drop and no glowing in MPG, have not seen either drop in RCoD. Raid targets drop runes but it takes forever to rune up a guild at one or two drops a target. If the RNG is willing to let one drop it then has to be nice and let you win the /random. So a lot of people do not have their 69/70 spells. I myself have won a whopping one greater rune and no glowing.

RSS has a higher drop rate but guess what? A lot of people are pre elemental geared or just barely elemental and are afraid to go anywhere near that place. Can they actually group there? Who knows, you can't get them to go. Been 70 for a couple of months now and still have not gone to RSS. I don't get invites while LFG and my guild tanks don't feel like they are up to tanking there (only about 25 people in guild are fully elemental now). Might be wrong but a lot of people are probably in the same boat.

Where the slow will do the most good is for the 66-68 crowd while still helping the higher levels. Heck, I was in Bloodfields killing a few named while factioning last night. Most the mobs are LB and I could still have slow bounce 3-4 times before getting it to stick at 70. What is it like for the 65 bst as main slower in an xp group there?
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

jitathab

heh without starting another slow thread i agree exactly with what Grbage has just said.

Shieara

Why don't people have their 69/70 runes?

The way I got all my 69 runes involved raiding.  Either on guild raids (we're gearing up for emp if that  tells you our level kinda) or I would just lead raids (part of a non-guild affiliated group of raiders) and take down mobs like Murkglider School Leader or Menlo.  Each of those drops two runes, and you can take them with not too many people depending on gear.  However this just isn't an option for some people.  Some people don't like to raid, or are uncomfortable leading them.  Or are even in a guild too small to do these targets.

70 runes have been more problematic.  I'm not much for pickup groups and my guild doesn't always seem like it has the necessary mix of classes to put a group together.  I managed to win one in RSS and, the other night, led a raid against Bridgekeeper in RCoD and got the second one there.  We'll be killing her again.  So they are coming along quite slowly.  Still trying to find raid mobs that drop glowings we can stomp.

Sometimes getting or putting together a group for RSS/MPG is difficult, and sometimes all the decent camps seem to be taken, at least since the SolRo/BB merger.   Also, to contribute in RSS honestly you need a certain level of gear/aa in my opinion.  You don't quite need elemental level, but you do need pretty decent stuff.  Well, that and some guts, which I highly recommend all beastlords acquire.

Anyways that was totally offtopic to the origonal post but are my experiences with the rune issue.  I can say I am not looking forward to trying to get ahold of two more glowing runes.  I wish all the new slow spells were pushed down a level or two to make them obtainable for everyone, but I guess that isn't going to happen short of a miracle.

Zanois

QuoteStill trying to find raid mobs that drop glowings we can stomp.

Not sure what your guild is capable of, Bridgkeeper in RCoD = 2 glowing, Battlemaster in RCoD = 2 glowing, Zun Muram in RCoD = 2 glowing, Hulcror in WoS = 2 glowing, any of the PG trials (raid) = 2 glowing.

Just an idea there on raid targets that drop glowings

Crimson Tempest
Maelin Starpyre