Main Menu

Hobble overwriting Serpent Vines

Started by Sharrien, April 18, 2005, 01:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharrien

Last night I grouped with a druid friend of mine and he said that Hobble procs were overwriting his Serpent Vine.  I think this is backward.  Hobble only lasts 4 tics and is a 40% snare, while Serpent Vines is 3 minutes and 55% snare.  I don't think our proc of an inferior spell should overwrite a lvl 69 quested reward spell.

Here's the links to the spell effects:
Serpent Vines
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=6665&source=Test
Hobble
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=3280&source=Test

I like using Hobble as a backup to PC snarers on xp groups to grab runners, but if it's going to cancel out Serpent Vines, then all it will do for us is generate lots of aggro with druids and rangers.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Tastian

How often did this happen?  Could you re-produce it?  I'll try to check it myself tonight, but if others could verify I'll forward it on earlier.

Chadoe

I have had hobble overwrite snares in my groups too.  Think it overwrote a wizzie snare actually.  Not sure now, just remembered to not use hobble in groups where I already have a snarer.
link=www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=346857] Chadoe--Lvl 70 Beast---Tholuxe Pales

Fugitmori Chafftail 54 Warrior--member of Acropolis
The spirit is immeasurable.
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Gotog Ironskull

While ago I bought 1 of the Snare Spears.  I also notice that Hobbs over wrote the snare off the spear. 

Sorry for got what the spear was called thoe.

Gotog IronSkull
70 Oger Beastlord
Me Droppings

Sharrien

Yep, we verified it to make sure what was happening.  I also asked him to spell out what spell he was using to snare so I wouldn't get it mixed up with any others, it was for sure Serpent Vines.  We didn't test any of the other druid snares, just the new DoN spell.
Maelin Starpyre

Tastian

Thanks I'm testing some other snares and passed along the data.  Will update as soon as I hear something.  8)

Dumpty

last time i was in a group and we thought this was happening, it was because i was casting annull magic :)
Dumpty <Old Continent>
Wildblood of Xev

Sharrien

Last night we confirmed that Hobble is no longer overwriting Serpent Vines.  I guess they changed it on the last patch.
Maelin Starpyre