Main Menu

Pet Haste Problems

Started by Urim, May 23, 2005, 02:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Urim

One problem in particular has gotten me extremely annoyed the past ... well close to a year i would say. This problem would be detrimental spells that override Growl of the Beast, when they don't do the same thing to PC haste. I would say the complete removal of haste was not an intended side effect of these spells so came here to see if maybe Tast could get them to look into either Growl (or similar pet haste spells) or the destrimental spells.

The two spells offhand that i have noticed for sure removing pet haste have been Wanton Destruction and Ikaav's Venom.

The slot 1 haste portion of Growl of the Beast seems to be conflicting with Ikaav's Venom which is causing Growl to fade. And it appears to be the slot 5 ATK portion of Growl that is conflicting with Wanton Destruction causing haste to fade. So maybe only switching around the haste and ATK portions on Growl so they better mimic Enchanter haste which doesn't have the problem of being overwritten like this.

In any case, this is extremely annoying occurance that i doubt is intended, see if you can do anything please Tast.  :-D
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Bengali

Switching them around wouldn't exactly work well, because then Growl of the Beast wouldn't stack with enchanter haste (slot 5 attack speed), and it would also conflict with the SV/Strength of the Hunter line of spells (slot 1 atk).

I'm not saying they shouldn't look into the issue of those detrimental effects and stacking -- just that switching the slots would do more harm than good.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Gungagunga

I think recently something similar has been happening with my regen spell. 

A couple of months ago fighting in PoJ taking on dru class prisoners used to dot me with their fire line of spells and it was kind of funny  that I wouldnt lose hp hardly at all with our regen/SD line plus my fungi.  Now in Droga, Veksar, Ldon's anytime I get hit with a fire based dot, necro/sk darkness (snare), and poison line of spells I'm losing my regen buff.  I know PoJ was a druid mob and the former dungeon mobs are sk/necro lines but I dont think this is something that has been this way previously.

I could be wrong tho cause my old main was a necro who solo'd frequently so never had regen to dispell if mobs actually were lucky enough to cast on him.

Edit - on 2nd thought I can verify dru class mobs out of Tak that hit me with their fire based dot's are now overwriting my regen too.

Khayden

Quote from: Gungagunga on May 23, 2005, 03:42:02 PM
I think recently something similar has been happening with my regen spell. 

A couple of months ago fighting in PoJ taking on dru class prisoners used to dot me with their fire line of spells and it was kind of funny  that I wouldnt lose hp hardly at all with our regen/SD line plus my fungi.  Now in Droga, Veksar, Ldon's anytime I get hit with a fire based dot, necro/sk darkness (snare), and poison line of spells I'm losing my regen buff.  I know PoJ was a druid mob and the former dungeon mobs are sk/necro lines but I dont think this is something that has been this way previously.

I could be wrong tho cause my old main was a necro who solo'd frequently so never had regen to dispell if mobs actually were lucky enough to cast on him.

Edit - on 2nd thought I can verify dru class mobs out of Tak that hit me with their fire based dot's are now overwriting my regen too.
That's strange because there don't seem to be stacking issues with the SD line according to http://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=5537&source=Live.

I'd say the stacking issue with Ikaav's venom and growl was intentional since Ikaav's Venom is a slow and overwrites other some hastes too, but the wanton destruction issue comes from the atk component - data is here http://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=5533&source=Live.

Khayden

Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous

Gungagunga

Actually i'm refering to our straight hp regen line not the SD line of spells.  Sorry for the confusion just used SD as one reason as to why I used to laugh when dot'd by mobs.

Edit - The Chloroplast line. http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=145&source=Live

Going under the stacking area i'm seeing a long list of Dots that would seem to overwrite but never used to.  Hell Clinging Darkness a lvl 4 necro spell overwrites it now.  Under history it appears there were some changes made but i'm not real familiar with lucy's set up so cant really tell what the changes were.

sunkash

I've also noticed a change with this lately in Nurga/Droga.

last summer I spent a great deal of time in Nurga levels 61-65, and 60+ AA's, soloing there. Back then if I had Chloroblast up,
Ignite Blood http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=6, would not overwrite; however if you had Ignite Blood Dot cast on you, and you didn't have Chloroblast already, would get a message the spell was blocked "or something to that effect" and it would not stick, when I tried to cast it.

Have noticed lately in Droga, that Ignite Blood  now overwrites Chloroblast; being that the mana cost is 300 for the spell makes this a real mana burn. Can't say exactly when I first noticed this, but it's definately changed from how it's been in the past. Aslo tried our resist fire spell, my resist then was around 260, and mobs was still able to get it to stick on me.

Another change I've noticed is dispell in these 2 zones, this one being around a bit longer than the above. Dispell, at least from what I remember used to dispell starting at slot one, now seems to catch spells as far down as slot 6. Was burned on this just last night. Had Chloroblast in slot 6, Ignite Blood overwrote it, then without thinking about it, I turned on the new 30 min 2X experience spell, after Ignite Blood wore off, it landed in slot 6; this was dispelled about 4 mobs later; that hurt! recall that mob actually hit both 4 & 6; It's a bit difficult to put up 6 buffs either junk buffs or low mana cost ones. One of the things I don't like about GE the few times I've been there, single mobs are pretty easy, but at least from back entrance,  "DSP entrance seems perma camped even before server merger", is that I get at least one or 2 adds many times, and they seem to dispell a lot, in this situation, as me and pet, are at best only able to partially interupt 2 mobs at same time.

Tiroon

Boil Blood/Ignite Blood started overwriting Chloroplast with the last big two weeks ago when the revamped spells went live. Nekokirei, Prelgor and DontPetBear brought it up in a thread in the hunting section.

I wonder if they "cleaned up" some messy code when they did the dot revamp, not realizing what some probably clunky part really did (like preventing it from overwriting Chloroplast).

As it stands now I really wonder if it was intended for the dots to act as a triple whammy: doing damage, dispelling and costing mana for the early recast needed. To me it seems a bit excessive for a spell that comes with a -100 check to fire resist. I really would appreciate a statement from the devs if this is here to stay.

Dispels on the other hand have been pretty much dispelling a random slot in Nurga/Droga ever since I started going there months ago. No idea when that was changed but recently a dev stated on the official forums that he hated junk buffing and confirmed that they had introduced several dispel mechanisms (oldest first, random etc.) and got rid of the old "first slot first" rule for mobs.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Nekokirei

Heyas Ti!

Quote from: Tiroon on May 24, 2005, 11:01:39 AM
Boil Blood/Ignite Blood started overwriting Chloroplast with the last big two weeks ago when the revamped spells went live. Nekokirei, Prelgor and DontPetBear brought it up in a thread in the hunting section.

I wonder if they "cleaned up" some messy code when they did the dot revamp, not realizing what some probably clunky part really did (like preventing it from overwriting Chloroplast).

As it stands now I really wonder if it was intended for the dots to act as a triple whammy: doing damage, dispelling and costing mana for the early recast needed. To me it seems a bit excessive for a spell that comes with a -100 check to fire resist. I really would appreciate a statement from the devs if this is here to stay.

Aye, real pain in the tail and real drain on mana.  Especially disheartening is Sunkash's point of having Fire Resist up very high and mobs still getting it to stick.  Don't know if they "scrubbed" the code too clean of if they really do intend it to work this way.  If they intend it to work this way, I can see the logic, but on the other paw, I don't like it.

Quote from: TiroonDispels on the other hand have been pretty much dispelling a random slot in Nurga/Droga ever since I started going there months ago. No idea when that was changed but recently a dev stated on the official forums that he hated junk buffing and confirmed that they had introduced several dispel mechanisms (oldest first, random etc.) and got rid of the old "first slot first" rule for mobs.

Yup, had a few dispells in Nurga and that's my experience.  With self buffs it's not an issue--just polish off the mob and recast.  Usually, warder interupts the lil'buggers so it's not a big deal when one get through.
Predator Nekokirei
An Officer and
Feral Lady to
Prophets of War -- Stromm

Urim

To get the topic back on track.....  :roll:

Quote from: BengaliSwitching them around wouldn't exactly work well, because then Growl of the Beast wouldn't stack with enchanter haste (slot 5 attack speed), and it would also conflict with the SV/Strength of the Hunter line of spells (slot 1 atk).

Didn't even realize that, you've got a good point. But the issue still stands, something needs to be done because the removal of pet haste in these situations is definitely not intended and quite frankly causes me headaches when it occurs.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'