Main Menu

bug in may patch

Started by zzmaller, May 31, 2005, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzmaller

it seems that pets do not clear agro list when you use /pet back and /pet holdĀ  even adv pet disc does not help.

tasten can you test and make sure i am right and mabe point it out to soe for us thanks

was fighting in don mission and we had 2 bst and 4 goblins i used /pet hold /pet back and switch tartgets and pet went back to the orginal mob absolutly could not get it to change targets no mater how many times i cleard agro.

last night was in qvic killing crno and i left pet on hold the whole fight and secound we activated the big one my pet ran over and got eat while in nutral.

i am also using /pet focus and it still does not listen .
I am having to leave pet in nutral or constant hit pet back and hope she does not break her lease and run off

Tastian

Do you mean that you are fighting say mob_A for awhile and your pet is upset at it(hit by AE, etc) and you tell it to /pet back off.  Then you /pet attack mob_B and your pet goes right back to mob_A?

Could you give me some cases where you had this happen?

Not saying this is what happend with you, but usually when I hear of this issue in the past it has been because of /pet hold.  /pet hold doesn't clear the aggro list and it doesn't freeze the aggro list either, but rather just keeps the pet from attacking. 

If for instance my pet is upset at mob_A and do a /pet hold + /pet back off in either order then my pet will stop attacking, but if mob_A then AE's or hits me or whatever else my pet is still mad at it, but not attacking.  Then if I try to simply /pet attack my pet onto another mob my pet will go back to mob_A because it is still more upset with it.  This is why I have /pet back off, /pet attack for my pet attack key as it wipes the pets hate list right before it goes after the mob I tell it to.  This makes sure that no aggro occured during the /pet hold period that could be causing an issue.

Again, I'm not sure if that's what happend with you or not and I'll see what I can find.  If you could give me a bit more information and if anyone else has seen this issue please let me know. 

Nusa

Swap the order. Do /pet hold first, then /pet back off, so the pet is definately disengaged before you wipe the list.

I haven't seen the problem myself. Sure, AE's can grab the pets attention, but an alert bst will reacquire the right mob (a quick /pet hold, /pet back off, /pet attack sequence). I don't have /pet focus, so can't speak to that aspect.

Strigori

Ive had a bit of this happening.   When trying to change the pets target in P1 trials.  I do the standard hot key of /pet hold + /pet back off.  The tell it to atack another mob, but it jumps back on the one it was just told to leave alone.   No ae landed in between(this is a fairly quick set of commands 2 hot keys)  and i am meleeing the mob i want the pet on.  The best guess i have come up with is there is some sort of lag on the clearing of the hate list, or it isnt clearing it correctly.  I personally havnt come across this anywhere else, but rarly elsewhere am i in a situation where the mob with the ae/ds is not the target. 
Wildcaller Strigori
  70 Wildblood
  Officer of
  Fellowship of Dragons
  Ayonae Ro

zzmaller

well was in don doing tirrun and my bud put his pet on hold and back off and got up went to the bathroom and while he was goon tirrun stud up and started meleeing the mt AE went off pet ran to mob pet got eat bud got summoned and boom was dead came back to a pissed of raid leader and a big fat told you so something is wrong with hate list and hold.

some reason we cant get pet to change targets - hate list lag or bug not sure but i have spamed my pet hold pet back off button and still will not drop agro list

second if a pet is left on hold for long period of time it forgets its on hold and goes after the first thing that AEs it

I thought they were going to make it so we could have our pets on more raids ?

Dakat

I've placed my pet on hold suspend minion 3 came back 4 days later, unsuspened and pet did not attack. It kept the /pet hold command in memory.

Dancolen

Must be bugged... /shrug

Pet focus is working definately as intended....

Had pet tank a mob til 2% hp last night while soloing.. then /pet focus and /pet attack mob_B... he soloed B and killed it, all while A regened from 2% to 4% still attacking the pet.

I put the pet on hold all the time, he almost never attacks unless I tell him too, and I get hit a good bit....  was preslower last night for raid and pet never went and ate anything after I slowed and took hits.

/shrug.. working as intended here.
Sorry Im not of more help.

zzmaller

now mid june there are three issues combine that has not made it so i eitehr cant raid or no pet tast this has rto be fixed very soon

pet will not clear agrop list and will not change targets this happens in raid and in reguler fights

ater a peroid of time pet hold repeases and attacks anything taht aes it.

with this event pet focus will not work pet will not turn to mob you tell it to focus to

these are serouc issues that are pushing me to quit eq untell sony keeps there promises to make pets more friendly on raids

btw these issues are game wid
please do some thing

Khayden

Pet hold and back off have been working fine for me, no differences at all.

Khayden
Khayden
75 Barbarian Wildcaller of Mithaniel Marr
Bertoxxulous