Main Menu

Filtering options...

Started by Tastian, November 03, 2005, 11:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

The issue of filtering options has come up a lot and it's starting to be worked on.  I'd like to compile a list of filtering options people want/don't want and see where people stand for now.  Some of the old issues are...

-  Pet messages
-  Pet proc damage reports

What other messages do/don't you want to see and why.  8)

Grbage

Damage added to proc message.

GM system wide messages->OFF

Overall the filtering system has gotten very good, have no complaints myself.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Iskandar

I'd like to be able to filter my pet's crits separately from player crits. Ideally, my crits and my warders crits would be the only ones that pass through. As it is now, it's either mine alone or everyone and their pet.

Pet spell casting/procs are an all/none type thing as well. I'd rather it be my pet/all/none.
Wildcaller Iskandar Darkpaw --  80 Beastlord, Cohort Chalybeius, Cazic Thule

"Didn't ya hear? That which doesn't kill you makes ya stronger. So suck it up, OK?" ~C.C.
"That which doesn't kill me makes me stronger. That which does kill me I will hunt down after I respawn." ~D.H.

cassaya

The filtering changes I would most like to see would be to get the text items to stop showing up when melee is set to number only. If I have a little window to scroll my melee numbers I really don't need messages about falling dmg, or if I have a little window to scroll the mobs hits on me I don't need text about some mob shielding another to show there.

It would also be nice if I could filter my warder's dmg in this manner, as it is now the pet filter does all pets not just mine.
Cassaya Catnip
70th Vah Shir Wildblood
Sheep ~ Luclin

Nusa

I have bard messages turned off entirely in the filter, but I still see bard wearoff messages on my pet. At least they're in the pet window now, but I really want that filter to apply to ALL bard messages.

Oiingo

Tradeskill sucess and failure mesasges.  Toggle, please!
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Dummkopf

Make all pet messages "say" please (and vendors too btw). It plays havoc with audio triggers at the moment  :evil:

Apart from that i would like to have pet criticals in the normal pet hits filter or as own pet filter, pet spells filteres in my pet only and all pets (dont need to see all those mage pets casting). Would be nice to see pet proc damage if thats possible as well.

Goradana

Dont have any issues with it really, all the spam is on and going into a minimized window just for logs.
It would be very nice for our pets procs to show as a regular nuke tough, or split it in
my DDs on/off
others DDs on/off
Pets DDs on/off

would like to see both buffs procs and pets weapons procing. would also raise our DPS parsing since that doesnt count at all now:)