Main Menu

I missed me too~!! 8P

Started by Tastian, December 01, 2005, 06:27:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bengali

Sure, I could see bumping it for some other more pressing concern, but it seems to me like people want to get rid of it because they've just given up.  What else would we replace it with that's more important?

Sure other classes have spells that they don't like or are useless, but usually those are old abandoned spell lines -- we aren't talking about Bristlebane's Bundle or anything like that.  The issue with DoTs is that we still keep getting more of them in relatively recent expansions.  Either the issue needs to be "fix them" or it needs to be, "stop wasting our time with them." :)  And even if they never give us another one, they could at least fix the ones that are busted (Turepta Blood is LESS damage for MORE mana than Scorpion Venom)

Also, we're talking about a lot of spells in this line.  We get 11 nuke spells and 10 DoTs.  For the "average" beastlord who doesn't have access to the Ancient spells, they end up with MORE DoT spells than they have nukes (10 to 9), and it's a complete waste for them to suck so bad.
Savagespirit Bengali Grimmspirit, Scion of Shar Vahl

"My friend Mark said that he saw Bengali totally uppercut some kid just because the kid opened a window.
And that's what I call REAL Ultimate Power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Tastian

I agree.  It is a waste and it's silly that some of them are so obviously bad.  Even leveling up it's hardly efficent to use dots in various situations and lets not forget they've already received one pretty sizeable revamp.  Some that I've talked with do just want to see dots go away(well, not continue) and if we are given them have them be more in the form of the pet that we got with depths.  *shrugs*

Discuss away and we'll see how people feel. 

Kanan

Like I've said most of the time.. i hate our dots with a passion.  I suffer constant resist rates on them (a bit into the fight as well, when the mob should be debuffed all to hell) and don't consider their damage to be worth my mana expenditure.

I had hated them also bcs trying to control agro when they were in use was extremely difficult.  They modified that somewhat to deal with my complaint issue there. 

Use of them during most of our clears when the DoD pet is left up standing even if cast on inc (getting my timing down so that its in camp before spell completes) and its our lowest duration "DoT" makes them even less desirable, due to their inefficiency in this respect. 

The availability of foci to make them more effective is also incredibly limited, further reducing what minimal utility they may have. 

I would love to see an evolution continued from the DoD pet spell into similar lines for the future.  The lack of agro that it gives the player is a major advantage imo.  Its nice to be able to continue dpsing when a tank goes down bcs I won't be at the top of the agro list, or right after the big rogue.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Rarrum

DoTs had a single use before (poison ones at least): agro.  It was very nice for that, and I used it for that when I tanked.  They nerfed that, leaving them pretty worthless.  It'd be nice if they just got rid of them and gave us something at least resembling useful that fit the feel of the class better.  (Maybe get rid of them and give us a pet that can actually take hits from exp mobs...)

DoDH pet, aside from just being decent damage for low agro (which we needed), fits into the whole idea of the class better.  One thing that struck me about the class was the closeness to animal nature.  I'd love to see more stuff like this.  Some animal-only unique or at least stronger-than-normal spells would be nice also.  Like a 75.001% animal-only slow for example.  Or lull/mez animal.

Other types of animal summon spells like DoDH pet, possibly on a recast timer, would be fitting also.  Something unique like summon a wolf spirit, that rather than attacking, follows the beastlord for 60 seconds and casts an ae +damage buff or such.  In my mind it's just fitting that when a beastlord goes all out, they would have 3-4 different types of animals there aiding them.

Chickennuggets

I agree with you Rarrum.  We should be able to summon different kinds of beasts to perferm different kinds of things.  I think of the old movie Beastmaster... we could summon ferrets that get under the mobs feet and snare, low levels get one or two, and as levels increase we get more for more of the snare effect, the would also nip at the mobs ankles to do minimal DoT damage.  Can summon the eagle.. similar to eye of zomm for scouting.  i guess we already get the lion equivilant of a short term mauling with the DoD pet.  These aren't real ideas by any means, but we are the Lord of the Beasts... we should be able to command them to do our bidding, in a spiritual brotherly kind of way...lol.  I have also said in a different thread here somewhere that we should have gotten animal charm.  If when I leveled up I could hunt in DSP and not have the wolves attack me, why couldn't I concentrate a little harder and convince them to help me?  And why do only mages and shammies get swarm pets?  We are the Beastlords, we are supposed to be the most attuned to animals of all the classes, yet we get none of those benifits.  Just kind of ranting a little bit at the lack of animal powers we get.  I guess I was attracted to the whole Lord of the Beasts thing from the get go.  Sorry about that :roll:
Chickennugets  http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1226640
Lvl 70 Beastlord
Steel and Honor
Saryn server

Kanan

<3 Beastmaster (imo, in some ways better than Conan ;p)

aye.. something fitting more into our lore and description than worthless dots.

I don't see them adding snare to us via spell, but yeah, I'd love to have a full on herd about me when the fit has hit the shan & I'm going all out.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar