Main Menu

Rake.... Your thoughts

Started by whiskaz, February 20, 2006, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tastian

Aggro I'm not sure about off the top of my head, but on average it's less aggro per damage than nuking would generate.

It doesn't scale and that's a real pita.  One thing to keep in mind though is that this does blow feral swipe out of the water.

-  3 attacks instead of 1
-  Half the refresh time
-  Almost never misses

It seriously over 10X as good as feral swipe (closer to 20X depending) lol.  Lots of issues with it and believe me I spent most of beta trying to get it to scale somehow and I will continue to do so.  However, some people have been talking to me like this is just another single extra attack every 60 seconds with a 45% miss rate and that isn't close to true.  As I said if it weren't for us having dps problems this is kinda "fun" and at the lower end it's decent.  If it could be made to scale better it has the potential to be really nice for a lot of beastlords.  ATM though it's weak sauce.  *shrugs*

Oiingo

As there seems to be some confusion, I would direct folks to the Lucy spell data page for details on this new ability.

But to answer some previous questions: range 50 is confirmed, and it's 400 hate when you use it.

I still wish the number of attacks were relative to some sort of worn gear mod check, but Ryan already stated that it would require a code change to get that done. :(
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Braedan_VZ

Speaking as a current zerker main we have two abilities similar to this.  

Frenzy on a 6 second timer  has a can hit 0 - 3 times for random damage up to 250 steady and 300's rare,  
Volley as mentioned has a 12 second timer hits 4 times with a 0 miss rate but can be blocked/riposted etc from the front for random damage up to 399 w/ my throwing dmg mod gloves and aa's.

Neither ability is based on our primary weapon and volley is based on a 40ish dmg axe that's only used when throwing.  Only have 4 items all highend that give + frenzy damage and about the same that give the throwing mod.  The throwing mod hasn't been improved since GoD, and + Frenzy items only show up in DoN and DoD high end as well as our 1.5 and 2.0.

All that just to say depending on how you define scale, Soe has done very little to help in scaling of both abilites.  If you're asking for + rake Zerkers are having a hard enough time getting +Frenzy and that's a far older ability.  Having it scale with weapons might be you're best bet and I hope to see it scale somehow just don't hold you're breath.

I do feel this is a good ability and hope to get it for my beast even though he is just an alt at this point.  This and the dod pet spell are the best abilites beasts get atm I think because neither can really be resisted.  That's still the most frustrating thing I run into when playing my beast on those odd occasions.

Sorry if I'm posting where I'm not wanted just wanted to clear up the zerker misunderstanding that was stated ealier.

Tastian

Real information is always appreciated.  The thing you have to remember though is beastlords have a much, much, *MUCHHHHHHHHHH* harsher division of power and piss poor scaling to begin with.  Zerkers are one of the best scaling classes in the game because of how much of their power comes from pure melee and the way itemization favors melee upgrades. 

Beastlords on the other hand get the least amount from melee upgrades (tied with bards), gain from one of the worst scaling upgrades (pet focus), and already have pet proc, kick, and feral swipe portions of our dps that go basically no where(there is some +kick dmg). 

Really I think the biggest problem though is the fact that beastlords keep having the individual parts of their class "balanced", but the total package never is.  I also think that's part of the issue some beastlords have when looking at abilities because they want to see some gains made.  Rake is pretty "balanced", but beastlords simply aren't and until we finally have some aspect of our class that isn't "balanced" we will never be "balanced" overall.  *shrugs*

Scaling on rake really would help though, as it is this is another shot in the arm boost to our dps that will help some, potentially be too much for others, and border on an insult to the rest.  One of the real factors will be seeing just how hard it is to aquire the skill.  During beta we were told it was aimed at the higher end, so if the only beastlords seeing this skill are already pulling 500(ish)+ dps, then I think you'll see even more unhappy with it.

Khauruk

Frenzy damage may not scale, but zerkers are definitely not hurting for dps atm. Heck - for the 2.0 zerkers I've been w/, agro seems to be their main issue.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

whiskaz

speaking of which, anyone know how to obtain rake yet?

Blarp

Rake will help us with dps a lil bit yes there will be a few thigns wrong with it that most likey will not get fixed this is somethign we can try and most likey will never get fixed.

my biggest thing with it is the endru i am closer to the side of 11kbase hp and i only have like 7500 endru. with only base regen we need the endru Regen aa's like i like warriors rog berk get what not if we can use this a good amount 360 endru ever 1min will drain it away fast.

any one els have any thoguhts on this?

Dummkopf

No, endurance regen is not a real problem. Chaining Rake for around 6 hours straight i was down to about 40% of my 8.8k (beta copied) endurance pool so i could have gone on for a few more hours. In the real world you have downtimes where you dont use endurance and it will really not be a big problem at all in its current state.

If it is really aimed at highend beastlords it should have at least double endurance cost and corresponding higher damage.

Tastian

Blarp -  Like has been said it's only 180 END with a 30 second refresh.  That's 5 ticks.  Base END regen is 30 per tick.  That means you get back 150 of the 180 by the time you can use the skill again.  Chain using it (which will literally never happen) means you lose a whole 60END per minute.  10 minutes = 600, 100 minutes = 6,000  That's over an hour and a half of chain clicking the skill.  If you have even 1 tick of pause between uses you'll break even on END.  If you have downtime, if someone AFK's, if a mob dies just before rake refreshes and the next mob isn't immediatly in camp, etc. 

Using other disc will cut into that a bit, but really the cost of rake isn't an issue and it can be used a ton as others have said.  People should be aquiring the skill soon and we can see what they have to say.  Truth is without the higher end people in beta and the die hard parses a lot more people would <3 this skill.  *shrugs*

Constaq

anyclue on were to get? ive done the casters aura spells arc and nothing.. just a hint

Blarp

same here  tons of missions and nota i am sure some one will find out soon tho.

recoil silverclaws

So far the best bet that ive found is from the tated skins that drop from red mobs in devastation the first time you loot one it gives you a task to collect more and turn them into to someone (the grand libaren in pok from what i have found) i have herd rumors about this task bein the way to get the 70 spells/disc's i am curently workin on this task as much as i can on off times when we dont have raids so once i finesh it and find out for sure ill post here and let you all know for sure on what the reward is and what not.
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Shamno

Heard the skin task is for the pet proc.

Somehow though I think it is wrong that the melees have to go through this arc to get their auras while casters got that easy 3 missions to get theirs....but that is a different rant entirely.

Now devastation is a little rough of a zone, so if the proc was meant for all the beastlord community....I really hate to see how beastlords are going to get the supposed "aura" and rake.

jitathab

Devestation is simple enough on the edges, but in the middle where the mobs you need are it is indeed tough.

If you are not anguish dont go without a good chanter. Took down 10 mobs at once with only a druid for heals.

Dummkopf