Main Menu

Rake.... Your thoughts

Started by whiskaz, February 20, 2006, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constaq

and  the Library guy to do turn in is Down atm...

Blarp

so saga skin task is for rake? that would be nice.  But can some one conferm this?

Tastian

Been lots of reports now in various threads that the skin task gives rake as the reward.

hakaaba

Did the skin task and i got 2 books but no rake.  How do you actually get rake? heh

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Dummkopf

Turn in to Librarian Maelin (yes, the guy you visited for pop progression a few times and fell down the elevator after) for Rake, however Maelin is removed at the moment since he returned the (droppable) books as well as the spell allowing fast spell aquisition by a large number of players.

Shamno

Well the Dev's have said that they are changing the quest sort of. The 9 skins will still give you your sepll/disc, but they are also putting the spell/disc reward on "Bring me the heads of...' quests.

"Maelin will be back up shortly.

Once he's back up, if you give him the books to get your spell, he will no longer return them to you.  After our next patch, the books will be made No Trade.

Also, after the next patch the "Bring me the head of..." quests within Devastation will reward you with this spell drop as well.  The current quest will continue to reward the spell so those of you working on Razorthorne access can get the spell as you're working through it, but this quest wasn't originally designed to reward spell drops and is more time intensive than we'd like for access to those spells.

Rashere"

Stumps_Bertox

who is the NPC that gives the "...bring me the heads of.." quest?
Khylan  70 Draenei Mage of Malygos
EQ Toons (retired)
Gogbuk Beastlord of Bristlebane
Gogsbot Druid healing machine

whiskaz

Just got rake.. My thoughts?  It's a dud. 

Tastian

Any chance of some more feedback on rake besides "dud".  Looking at your gear and AA it's in the range of a 5% dps upgrade to your total damage dealt and you still lack some AAs that will make it even better.

How much damage would you expect it to do given the scope of the expansion?

Is it the fact it uses END?

Is it the 30sec refresh?

Like I say you gotta give me more to go on than "boo" or "hiss".  Also, the main problem most people have had with rake is it's lack of scaling, but unless your magelo is way out of date you are actually at the part of the progression spectrum that will see a more sizeable boost from the skill, so that rules that out.

recoil silverclaws

I have had rake for about 5 days now i think i got a chance to mess with it in beta allso. Now that ive had a chance to realy get to use it in a normal invierment (groups,raids est est) its nothen awsome not much of a added dps upgrade unless you happen to get a crit off one of the three hits from rake. It is a added dps no matter what because it dose do damg no matter how small so i will use it but have to say im still not enpresed by this skill in any form just another feral swip type of hot key to click and hope it dose some damg worth clicken.

Some might not agree with me but i realy wish thay would make the min damg at leasts a little higher for the amound of end it use's because as of right now you can only realy use it for short bursts unless your in a group that has a little bit of a break between pulls to try and keep your end up for when you need to use that big shoot of end for the dodh disc named escaps me atm.

All and all its a good idea just poorly exacuted realy wish rytan had tryed to fix the scaleing problem befor he left maybe the new spell/disc guy will try and do something about it per tasts info and pokes in the right direction heh
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--

Dummkopf

Endurance shouldnt be any problem for you since it only uses up 30 endurance a minute. With your gear you should have around 9.xk endurance thus enabling you to chain rake for several hours straight before going ooe.

Endurance is certainly not the real problem on rake, in fact it is pretty well balanced and by any means should be higher cost/damage if possible. The real problem is the lack of scaling and it seems there is nothing we can do about it. I just hope they never come up with a bad idea like that since it is one of the worst things especially for classes with a big division of power.

Dreead

Took me a while to decifer what you were trying to say there Recoil, but endurance should be the last thing you would be worried about while using rake. Unless I am in demi-plane and just rezed, i'll hold back using it, otherwise it's chained like kick or...feral swipe.

There's a nice little hit for it on myself. I had lion's on as a damage modifer, so that helped. But otherwise I love the skill. Any dps boost is a dps boost.

Discordant

The way I see it, Rake can be easily fixed to make it more of an upgrade.  Decrease its refresh timer and alot of the problems will be solved.  However, I still do not like that it doesn't scale with your weapons. Its really a marginal upgrade at best.

recoil silverclaws

I think i worded it wrong lol what i ment was i dont like the idea of 180 a shoot for a maybe 300damg to 1600 random amount of damg would realy rather have a higher min damg amount if you have to watch the usege on it. Im not saying i dont like the disc i will be useing it to its full potintal, just saying i wish we would get a bigger return for usen it. I allready had feral swipe flash backs where i went 20 min in a exp group chainin rake with no good hits then bam one crit for 1k and a few 300's hate haven that feeling of small hit, small hit, small hit boom big hit  yay finaly. Just my opionon on it i know its not the same as most but just putting it out their hehe

All though rake + damg disc = good fun sometimes when it has a hit crit for 2k =)
-Elder Recoil Rahl-
    -- of ctv --
a prexus guild
         and
-Hissar Spits-
   --of twinky alts-r-us--