Main Menu

Rake.... Your thoughts

Started by whiskaz, February 20, 2006, 07:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pakratz

again, it makes sense to me to tie it to pet focus.  thats one thing that does progress nicely thru expansions and will continue to do so.  while their at it, I'd like to see our warder's dps tied to pet focus /wink.

Kanan

Quote from: Pakratz on April 04, 2006, 06:20:03 PM
while their at it, I'd like to see our warder's dps tied to pet focus /wink.

/cackle
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Fightclubx

whatever happens to it, I like it as it is, though I'm always down for makin it stronger =)

my high crit so far is

Ikkorus

Its nice the way it is but a scalar would be badass (please?).

Personal best so far (with bestial running...pet got raped)

Kanan

On some tanks, that hate add can be a lil annoying.  If someone not in high end were to get it, I wonder what effect it would have on aggro on raids.  I did a bertox raid for grins a week or 2 ago with my GF's guild and even on the named, when the tanks were battering away for a lil bit before I went in, I would snap agro over with rake.

Anyone in that similar content (pop, god, etc) that has rake had issues there?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Shamno

There are times I will get aggro with rake, but usualy under the premisis of using my other abilities a bit to often. It not to good to use consistantly on a long fight with a paladin tank or to start off with it, with a warrior tank.

Most Time plus tanks should be able to handle it, I just use the above as a general rule of thumb because how those 2 classes aggro function on the more casual end.

other then that the hate portion really isn't to much, just can push a lot of aggro after a while and starting right off with it can cause some problems.

Ikkorus

Havent had any issues with the hate really.  Truthfully I havent noticed any on it at all.

bham

Did any other class get a disc in PoR that increases sustained DPS by about 20-25?
Bham - Cleric - Mage - Wizard - Tentrix
Bertox

Shamno

The only classes that got a disc where melees. Warrios got Mock, taunt disc. Monks got Heel of Konji, upgrade to their rapid kick. Zerkers got Bloodthirst, defensive proc that increase all damage mods by 30%....long recast time. Somewhere I actually think rogues got screwed, because all I can see they got was the lame trap lol.

Put yeah, casaul beastlords have been saying there hasn't been much of an increase in our group DPS abilities. Rake isn't to bad for that.

Rhoam

Assuming casual beastlords can get rake. I am in a small guild and we cant do devastation yet, nor can I even sniff a group in that zone with all the raiding guilds farming the skins atm. I tried to get a pickup group in devastation for about 10 nights and decided to give it up at this point. Its very frustrating to feel like I have to leave my guild and join a raiding guild to progress my character at this point. I have farmed the heck out of don for gear and done the tasks in PoR for nice gear, but I cant get my dodh pet or the disc as those missions are not really tailored for casual players (those end bosses hit way too hard)

Shieara

I've done the level 68 and 69 spell progression missions with a 10.5-11k tank.  It can be done.  They do need to be nicely aa'ed though and the group has to be familiar with each other and very carefully crafted.  You won't win with a marginal group at that gear level, and you may have to make a couple tries to win.

Now rake I can't speak to, as I haven't gotten it yet.  I keep meaning to put a group together and go but the thought of farming it is rather daunting.  Anyone know if they ever put it on that mission other then skins (bring me the head or something)?

Shamno

Actually Rhaom try bring me the heads set quests....it will reward you will the Rake disc as well.. Basicallly it will give you a set of quests any 70 group can do killing on the outskirts of Devastation. I can't find a right up of these quests but they are a small series of quests that take place in Devastation....you just have to get it from the headhunter in Sverg I believe. Have to take down some of the destroyable objects, loot some heads from varies mobs and etc. All the stuff easy to get to and drops from even the blue cons.....soem you can do solo and some you can have a decent group to get.

It is true you don't need a raid group to do this stuff, just a well geared and AA'd group.....course a good puller helps as well.

Now DoDH I will admit is a bit of a challenge compared to PoR and takes some thinking. to handle but is doable.

whiskaz

I see how tieing it down with weapons would be kinda iffy if u say it that way, but that just means u need to do the math differently from the kind of weapon u are using.  2hb would be cut in half of the dmg of the weapon to balance it out a bit.  Give 1hbs h2h piercing a bit of a bonus to the rake dmg to balance it out with the total 2hb dmg, so a 80dmg 2hb would be like a 40 dmg 1h weapon.  the h2hs would get an innate +base number which could be figured out by a certain ratio of the total dmg, for instance for every 5 dmg on a 1handed weapon u get a +1 bonus to the rake scaling damage.  This way it will balance it out a bit.