Main Menu

Bestial Bloodrage

Started by Umlat, July 16, 2010, 07:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedoirah

I've been involved in the last 2 betas. I'm fairly certain I should be able to get into this one as well (try hard to get in at least). I don't remember who else was in but I do know of a few.

Grbage

I did'nt bother trying for SoD or UF, been in a bunch prior to that.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Catnip_Inny

I made it into beta last year, feedbacked the hell outta some of our spell lines ect every day i logged on...

Hzath

We got some really good changes during beta last year, not enough obviously, but some of the stuff they put in originally was absolutely retarded beyond description.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Zunar

I was in UF beta too.
And I agree that some of the initial spell ideas were indeed retarded.
Glad they got reworked into something useful...but more work is needed still :)

Blarp

we will see where it goes this year im still personaly going to pusg for REAL  dubble/tripple atk

nedoirah

When beta opens or even before it opens, why don't those of us who plan to enter or at least attempt to enter get together and hash out the ideas or concerns and take them to the beta devs when we get into beta. The 2 betas I was in, with the exception of a few posts in the soe beta forums I had no contact with other bsts from this forum. PM me and we can get it going. I know this is just a rehashing of old desires to get our class noticed or ideas but beta is where I think we can get something done.

Khauruk

Quote from: Blarp on July 22, 2010, 05:14:36 PM
we will see where it goes this year im still personaly going to pusg for REAL  dubble/tripple atk

We have pretty good double attack now, and frankly, we don't need more.  We need *burst* dps, which the developers have already said they want to give us.  Our sustained dps is great.

Quote from: nedoirah on July 23, 2010, 10:41:59 PM
When beta opens or even before it opens, why don't those of us who plan to enter or at least attempt to enter get together and hash out the ideas or concerns and take them to the beta devs when we get into beta. The 2 betas I was in, with the exception of a few posts in the soe beta forums I had no contact with other bsts from this forum. PM me and we can get it going. I know this is just a rehashing of old desires to get our class noticed or ideas but beta is where I think we can get something done.

What remains to be said that hasn't been said here?  The developers know what we want, and they know what we can come up with.  They have a stated desire to boost our class, and ideas by which they intend to do this.  If you have actual new ideas that's great, bring them up now, not later!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=166481&#2515600

I'll be pushing for Beastlords to get something worth a damn, but honestly, I see way too many classes pissing in the wheaties on those failtown boards and the class might wind up with nothing. Again.

Sikkem

Quote from: Inphared on July 24, 2010, 01:50:05 AM
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=166481&#2515600

I'll be pushing for Beastlords to get something worth a damn, but honestly, I see way too many classes pissing in the wheaties on those failtown boards and the class might wind up with nothing. Again.

Agreed, once the you know who's get in there derailing posts left right and center you know there is going to be basically zero room for sensible conversation.

And if by some strange reason you do there are to many factions within the beastlord community to get an agreement on anything. Would be nice for the Devs to stick their hands up and actually give some decent constructive feedback on their vision of the class.

What is actually needed is what they gave the rangers, a round table forum strictly policed so that other classes could not derail discussions. If we were in such a sorry state as rangers we might get one.  :roll:

Still eagerly awaiting that change of class potion to turn up on marketplace as I seriously cant see them doing anywhere near enough work to bring the class up to par with others.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Nusa

Why would you want a change of class potion, especially considering that gear is largely class or archetype specific? Acquiring the gear is the hardest part these days.

It only took me two weeks to get a mage up to level 85 with 1000 AA's, decent focuses and good enough gear to max out stats. Admittedly, if I'd picked a tank class it would have taken longer to make it a useful tank, but the mage is raidworthy...I've boxed him for extra dps at times.

Umlat

Quote from: Nusa on July 24, 2010, 02:50:11 AM
Why would you want a change of class potion, especially considering that gear is largely class or archetype specific? Acquiring the gear is the hardest part these days.

It only took me two weeks to get a mage up to level 85 with 1000 AA's, decent focuses and good enough gear to max out stats. Admittedly, if I'd picked a tank class it would have taken longer to make it a useful tank, but the mage is raidworthy...I've boxed him for extra dps at times.

Oh, I don't know...DoN Progression comes to mind, along with any number of other progression tasks, which can't for whatever reason, be easily redone. Tradeskills...I'm sure people sitting on 300 scores and level 7 evolved trophies in all 7 basic tradeskills would rather not have to re-acquire all of them again. Earned server first titles would be another area, as would the "of X" many people might like to keep from their original server(s). Gear is the area where the biggest issue would come in, you're right in that. Unfortunately, some of what people might want to keep might simply not be re-obtainable, like the LL Bronze Purity Augment. Quested gear, especially is a hassle. Epics, BiC Aug, Wanderlust Aug, Coldain & Underfoot Prayer shawls, Cultural templates/Aug quests are all hassles. LL Augs, Fabled items, anniversary rewards, Veteran AAs, Old Man Mackenzie gear buyability, non tradeable alt currency are all issues as well. Faction levels, in some ways, are going to be even more annoying than gear, for type 3 augs, non repeated spells that can't be researched. There are dozens of things people would just prefer to keep and not repeat if they had the option.

Besides, any "class change" potion to swap a beastlord to something else should include gear swapouts. The reason beastlords are changing or are considering changing classes isn't entirely by choice, it's because the Devs can't or won't do their jobs competently/properly/fairly. We, as Beastlord players, shouldn't be the ones bearing the burden of this. They should be putting in a few extra hours a week in each to deal with beastlord issues instead of beastlord players having to put in those hours leveling gearing and flagging a replacement character. The circumstances that have put beastlords in this situation are their responsibility, if not necessarily their fault, either in whole or in part, so they should have to bear at least some of the burden or consequences. Hand wringing, excuses and empty apologies, followed by another year of relegating the beastlord to the back burner, while they go back to improving other classes just isn't going to cut it anymore. Not this time.

In my case, if the Beastlord class isn't improved enough, I'll probably end up quitting. It's not something I particularly want to do, but I will not accept less entertainment value for my dollar because I picked a particular class.

Nusa

Quote from: Umlat on July 24, 2010, 04:40:56 AM
Quote from: Nusa on July 24, 2010, 02:50:11 AM

Oh, I don't know...DoN Progression comes to mind, along with any number of other progression tasks, which can't for whatever reason, be easily redone. Tradeskills...I'm sure people sitting on 300 scores and level 7 evolved trophies in all 7 basic tradeskills would rather not have to re-acquire all of them again. Earned server first titles would be another area, as would the "of X" many people might like to keep from their original server(s). Gear is the area where the biggest issue would come in, you're right in that. Unfortunately, some of what people might want to keep might simply not be re-obtainable, like the LL Bronze Purity Augment. Quested gear, especially is a hassle. Epics, BiC Aug, Wanderlust Aug, Coldain & Underfoot Prayer shawls, Cultural templates/Aug quests are all hassles. LL Augs, Fabled items, anniversary rewards, Veteran AAs, Old Man Mackenzie gear buyability, non tradeable alt currency are all issues as well. Faction levels, in some ways, are going to be even more annoying than gear, for type 3 augs, non repeated spells that can't be researched. There are dozens of things people would just prefer to keep and not repeat if they had the option.

Besides, any "class change" potion to swap a beastlord to something else should include gear swapouts. The reason beastlords are changing or are considering changing classes isn't entirely by choice, it's because the Devs can't or won't do their jobs competently/properly/fairly. We, as Beastlord players, shouldn't be the ones bearing the burden of this. They should be putting in a few extra hours a week in each to deal with beastlord issues instead of beastlord players having to put in those hours leveling gearing and flagging a replacement character. The circumstances that have put beastlords in this situation are their responsibility, if not necessarily their fault, either in whole or in part, so they should have to bear at least some of the burden or consequences. Hand wringing, excuses and empty apologies, followed by another year of relegating the beastlord to the back burner, while they go back to improving other classes just isn't going to cut it anymore. Not this time.

In my case, if the Beastlord class isn't improved enough, I'll probably end up quitting. It's not something I particularly want to do, but I will not accept less entertainment value for my dollar because I picked a particular class.

Tradeskills are a non-argument...having them on another toon isn't the same as losing them, or rendering them useless when needed.
Titles I'd consider a non-agrument as well...having them on another toon isn't the same as losing them. I don't even display any titles I do own...my ego doesn't demand it.
Veteran AA's are an account thing more than a toon thing...unless you've burned all your eligibility on toons you never developed.

Epic 1.5, DoN progression up to the spell and Void E progression and sufficient faction to get spells are included in those two weeks, no assistance required. Also Crystallos and MMM base done. Earlier flags are mostly free these days, no need to do them. OMM flagging done too, although of course I got added to raids for that one. All of that was a LOT faster than the first time around and could be done at the same time as leveling.

Gear you agree on. Fabled stuff doesn't matter much anymore...too easy to surpass.

To be clear, my mage is only a box, I have no plans to drop my beast as my main. I don't think there should be a class change ability of any kind...I wasn't the one who brought it up. I just pointed out that starting a new toon is actually pretty easy, and gear issues would be really bad. Even a swap-out, as you suggest, would be incredibly difficult to do given the huge variety of gear that exists.

This post was already pretty well derailed from the original topic, or I wouldn't have said anything at all.

Sikkem

Quote from: Nusa on July 24, 2010, 10:48:13 AM
This post was already pretty well derailed from the original topic, or I wouldn't have said anything at all.

The thread as it was was pretty much dead the minute a Elidroth said the the information in the spell dat was incomplete.

As for the change of class potion, my point in that sentence was actually that I don't think the Devs can do enough in one expansion release to resurrect the class from what they have let it become.

I have levelled a wizard with about 900 aa's and a rogue with around 100 or so atm and am currently also working on a ranger, but that is still a work in progress, to see what class I would like to change to if the class is still in this shape come HoT.

Sadly wizard aside I am enjoying the versatility of the other classes more.

As for you not saying anything.. I am not the first to use the class change potion to empathise a point.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Nusa

That might have been your intent, but the actual result was to sideline your point, whatever it was, so we can discuss the difficulties of implementing such a potion.

One of the reasons such a potion will never happen is that the labor costs of implementing it would exceed any conceivable benefits of implementing it. In my opinion.