Main Menu

need PVP advice Vs High end wizzies

Started by morzek, November 09, 2004, 07:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

morzek

Hi all,I am Morzek a Level 70 Beastlord on Terris Thule.Magelo is 905185.I am in mostly Time/GOD gear,currently ranked 6th on my server.Before the release of omens , I would regulary pulverise my Wizard opponents in the bazaar Arena.My resists are very good, and I usually would open with some Annuls,and then beat them Down with my Staff of Transcendence.Now however, things are different Indeed.Its been a long time since I have set foot in the Arena.But I duelled a Wizard from My Guild.I was shocked that he was able to Shadowstep and Nuke me down, bit by bit.My resists are good, even better with fero.Next I dueled another High End wizard from a guild called Valon.The same result, I couldnt resist the nukes, was getting hit anywhere from 1400 on up.He would shadowstep, nuke, repeat.Any tips on how to battle a High end Wizard in PVP?

Thanks,
Morzek Of Nocturnal, Terris Thule Server

Panthur

Get in the wizards face and use stun weapons? I dont duel much butjust a thought. Have pet stun them too. Not sure how pet procs are in pvp. (I got charmed in RS by Summoner, pet riped open a few group members  :P i was attacking ) ..

Skarx

when ther smart enough to shadowstep and if ther from a qivc guild. You really have no chance.  The Nukes wizzys got 66+ are just gonna own you.
Pink,Lord Skarx - 65 - Beastlord - Luclin

negrismorte

Make sure the pet is junk buffed, then combat buffed and SOW it deep to help prevent dispell.

The pet will instantly know where the wizzie is even if you don't.  Having it sow'd can be enough to counter bad shadow steps (ones that don't move you very far).

Keep your own resists as high as possible. Assist your pet to retarget if needed and use your nukes as often as you can.  Try to get a good dispell in on him too.

Been a while since I fought a shadow stepper and I dont recall if it breaks targeting.  If it does, then you just gotta hope to reacquire quickly.

Dreead

With all the resist changes that took effect on PvP spells, high end wiz's are nearly impossible to beat. In no way can I take them, and I doubt many beasts can. There nukes are too powerful now, and without resisting most or any of the spell its just silly. I think one of thje top pvp'rs (on the leader board that is, not that makes a huge deal) is a wizzard. I think he only has like 8 deaths and 200+ kills.