Main Menu

Rest of Epic past 3rd Riddle

Started by jural, September 23, 2004, 06:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jural

[Thu Sep 23 13:16:33 2004] You say, 'elddar elves'
[Thu Sep 23 13:16:34 2004] Ankhefenmut says 'You have indeed studied the world and know the simplest of references.  I am grateful you would even attempt to aid us, two of the few remaining sphinxes.  Most would rather take our secrets from us or see us dead!  And I do believe we have once again come upon an [enemy].'

[Thu Sep 23 13:16:44 2004] You say, 'come upon what enemy'
[Thu Sep 23 13:16:44 2004] Ankhefenmut says 'Yes, and do perk your ears.  I do not want to have to say this too loudly.  There is darkness around our minds and it is clouding our visions and magic.  It is a cold, [chaotic feeling] and it does not feel natural.  I might have dismissed it as my path to aging, but it is not, for my counterpart, Zazamoukh, feels it too.

[Thu Sep 23 13:16:57 2004] You say, 'what chaotic feeling'
[Thu Sep 23 13:16:58 2004] Leeandra tells foa:1, 'i dont have that much time'
[Thu Sep 23 13:16:58 2004] Ankhefenmut says 'Not since we allied with the ogre magi long ago, have I felt foreboding in my heart.  But I feel it tenfold now.  Something or someone is attempting to envelop our minds and use them against us somehow, but we are not sure how.  I fear that even as I speak to you, I am [endangered] further, and so are you.'

[Thu Sep 23 13:17:09 2004] You say, 'endangered'
[Thu Sep 23 13:17:09 2004] Ankhefenmut says 'Zazamoukh calls to me.  You must go see the sphinx quickly.'

[Thu Sep 23 13:30:45 2004] You say, 'Hail, Zazamoukh'
[Thu Sep 23 13:30:46 2004] Zazamoukh says 'My mind . . . something is [happening].'
[Thu Sep 23 13:30:49 2004] You say, 'whats happening'
[Thu Sep 23 13:30:50 2004] Zazamoukh says 'Something . . . is wrong.  My companion . . . it weakens me . . .'

[Thu Sep 23 13:30:53 2004] Rambling Sphinx Spiritservant has a dark glow in its eye as it rushes toward you.

[Thu Sep 23 13:36:52 2004] Rambling Sphinx Spiritservant's corpse babbles incoherently as the glow in its eyes is extinguished.

[Thu Sep 23 13:37:03 2004] --You have looted a Tarnished Ankh Piece.--

[Thu Sep 23 13:37:47 2004] You say, 'Hail, Zazamoukh'
[Thu Sep 23 13:37:48 2004] Zazamoukh says 'You must give me the remains of that creature.'

[Thu Sep 23 13:37:57 2004] Zazamoukh says 'Thank you. Your actions have earned my trust and gratefulness. The ankh you have returned, that extends the life of my companion, is tainted. Ankhefenmut carries the other piece of the ankh and may need help. You must return to Ankhefenmut as the dark magic grows with each moment. Take this magic silk scarf to Ankhefenmut so that the ankh can be shielded.'

[Thu Sep 23 13:41:52 2004] Ankhefenmut says 'What is this?  Too . . . late . . . I do not understand. I am fading!'

[Thu Sep 23 13:41:54 2004] Raving Sphinx Spiritservant has a dark glow in its eye as it rushes toward you.

[Thu Sep 23 13:53:24 2004] Raving Sphinx Spiritservant's corpse babbles incoherently as the glow in its eyes is extinguished.

[Thu Sep 23 13:53:29 2004] --You have looted a Sullied Ankh Piece.--

[Thu Sep 23 13:54:00 2004] Ankhefenmut says 'Beastlord, I am indeed impressed.  We did not know that there was a dark magic on the ankh pieces. It seems the life that flows from the ankh will need to be restored, but I think we are safe now.  Take this gift to return to the beastlord elders who aided us.'

Receive Gift of the Sphinx you take to Elder Murada

[Thu Sep 23 14:04:49 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Gracious, that is indeed a precious gift.  I will present it to the elders when we next gather as a council.  They will be overjoyed at the rescue.  You may keep that Feral Lord's Brooch to yourself as a reminder of what you learned. All [does not end] here though.'

[Thu Sep 23 14:05:00 2004] You say, 'does not end'
[Thu Sep 23 14:05:00 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'There is still much to do as the sickly magic of Discord trickles through time and space to Norrath and Luclin.  It appears that we may need to go to its source.  You must go to Rashara.  She will have a tale to tell you that will help you on your way to ending this threat to the wild.'

[Thu Sep 23 14:18:10 2004] You say, 'Hail, Rashara Wrualla'
[Thu Sep 23 14:18:10 2004] Rashara Wrualla says 'Aye, I do remember that face, Jural. I am still recovering from my short trip to Kuua that suffers from the touch of the Realm of Discord.  What a dark and foul place it is.  Some of the creatures have hearts so dark it is nearly inconceivable.  One of those creatures has robbed me of what I hold [most dear].'

[Thu Sep 23 14:18:13 2004] You say, 'most dear'
[Thu Sep 23 14:18:13 2004] Rashara Wrualla says 'There is a beast called a girplan, and while it does draw blood, it digs its fangs much deeper.  I was traveling with my warder and encountered a girplan that was different somehow.  It attacked me and my faithful warder ran to my aid.  I did come upon some [luck], though.'

[Thu Sep 23 14:18:18 2004] You say, 'luck'
[Thu Sep 23 14:18:18 2004] Rashara Wrualla says 'I was able to get some distance when it landed a fatal blow to my companion.  But, not only did it draw its blood afterward, it drew its essence, and now I am unable to summon my companion to my aid.  I do not understand how it happened and I would have thought it [not possible].'

[Thu Sep 23 14:18:21 2004] You say, 'not possible'
[Thu Sep 23 14:18:22 2004] Rashara Wrualla says 'It would mean a great deal to me and the elders if you could seek out this girplan in that eerie scarred land and, perhaps, discover what it did to my warder.  I am unable to go myself as I could never dream of traveling without my warder.  You will find a beastlord in Discord who also seeks the same creature.  Give him this note.'

[Fri Sep 24 00:28:00 2004] You say, 'Hail, Yerika Sisslak'
[Fri Sep 24 00:28:00 2004] Yerika Sisslak says 'You have the aura of a beastlord I should trust. If Elder Muada hasss sent you, you must prove it to me.'

Turning in note spawns named and 11 adds. Drops Rashara Warder Essence you hand to Yerika.

[Fri Sep 24 00:28:05 2004] Yerika Sisslak says 'You have certainly accomplished what I was not able to.  I must go now, but be sure to take this letter and the essence back to Rashara.'

[Fri Sep 24 00:44:17 2004] Rashara Wrualla says 'I am speechless.  You have done what I thought was impossible.  You've restored my place as a beastlord and an elder.  I am forever in your debt.  Return to Muada and tell him I sent you so you may hear the most-troubling news . . . it seems we know more about a true enemy of beastlords in Discord.  I can say no more.'

[Fri Sep 24 01:00:34 2004] You say, 'rashara sent me'
[Fri Sep 24 01:00:35 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'It seems that as soon as we overcome one problem, another makes itself known.  This time, though, we have found a [beast] in Discord that truly means to abuse the strength of the wild spirits.'

[Fri Sep 24 01:00:42 2004] You say, 'beast'
[Fri Sep 24 01:00:43 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'There is a foul creature that is borne of Discord itself.  We believe it has discovered a way to abuse the ways of the beastlord for its own gains.  It has invaded the ethereal world of the wild and is trapping the magic and power we consider sacred.  It must be [stopped] before it grows ever powerful and erodes the ability of all beastlords to be at one with our feral companions.'

[Fri Sep 24 01:00:57 2004] You say, 'stopped'
[Fri Sep 24 01:00:58 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'Go speak to Erana Farrel.  She is in the city of the dragorn and will most likely be in hiding while she investigates.  She was the first to discover this evil plot and has the most information to help you.  Give her this cloak.  She had asked for some protection while she was out in that volatile realm.'

Missing Hail text and cloak turn in text

Spawns Discordant Dark Beastlord plus 5 adds 1 of each type of warder.

Turn in Discordant Totem of the Feral

[Fri Sep 24 18:55:57 2004] Erana Farrel says 'You are owed a great debt from beastlords everywhere.  You have restored the revered spirits of the wild and they have returned to Norrath.  And, what's this?  Interesting.  I would not have expected you to find this totem.  Its markings are unfamiliar.  I have wrapped it for you.  You must go to see Muada at once and show him this.'

Turn in Wrapped Discordant Totem of the Feral

[Fri Sep 24 19:30:24 2004] Elder Animist Muada says 'I am honored to have had the opportunity to observe you -- a feral champion for the ills that have befallen our kind.  You have certainly made your name known among us.  While the spirit world is not freed from danger, it is much more promising with all that you've done. Take this token of our appreciation.  It may not appear to be too much right now, but it will be very important should you [wish to continue to walk among the elders] of the lords of beasts.'

Giledorm

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>

Gatito

http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=220421>Gatito Vicioso
67 Beastlord of Prexus
Alliance of the Griffin

Caali

Caali and Claws
65 Beastlady of Saryrn
Magelo

qwymm

nice job

* applause* * bow *

was fun banging heads trying to think about this for a while.

BriguyFV

Wow, great job. Did you get that from the other tread on the Lore server?
Briguy Theomega, 70 seasons/425+ AAs Beastlord

Member of the Chivalrous Valor
Member of the Planar Campaign
FV Server

Henathu

I actually had Elddar Forest on my list to try tonight. I'm not sure that would have worked, but I got it from just basic searching of lore about the elves.

Oh and I tried the other sphinx last night just to see if he would respond. there was a small dragon for the SK epic up there that I'm probably going to have to kill to even get to him.
Wildblood
Henathu Stormwatcher 70th Beastlord of Luclin Server and Proud Member of <Sheep>

Cyphen Wilder

Good job on getting the final answer.  Hope to see someone get 1.5 soon.  Been reading over the warrior epic and whoa....they are having a time with it.

Scaledfang

was the Rambling Sphinx Spiritservant  and Raving Sphinx Spiritservant soloable?

Raaski Razorclaws

Try the Tormented Scout in Bloodfields for hail/turn in piece for next part.

Shieara

Ukator Iceblood

Anyone else hoping that going back to CT guy is way down the line after 1.5? :)
Ukator Iceblood and Wolf
70 Beastlord

Kator Kerrath
Berserker

Tunare's Benevolence
Xegony

Scaledfang

i hope we dont have to go back to CT at ALL!

Choppin

I'd do CT part 10 times again if the named in ME would just spawn and drop the piece...
Choppin Lethal
Feral Lord

Henathu

Hopefully we can get some information on the difficulty of the spawned mobs. Luckily I can bring a crowd easily enough but one took about 6 minutes to kill and the other apparently took about 12 minutes to kill unless there was downtime.
Wildblood
Henathu Stormwatcher 70th Beastlord of Luclin Server and Proud Member of <Sheep>