Main Menu

ME Frantic Ravenous Beast (Possible drop solution?)

Started by Tusconi, September 27, 2004, 05:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tusconi

I don't know if this is just coincidence or not. Asked about this random drop from a rare spawn on a bug, and they told me to make sure I was doing the quest in the right order. I had already done the Delirious Drogmor in Gunthak and looted that essence. Killed this beast twice after camping hours on end with no drop. Put the drogmor drop in shared bank, and camped him again. When he finally spawned he dropped the essence. Had another beastlord on the same server who did the same thing, and had the same result. Probably just coincidence, but can't hurt to try it.

Tusconi Pantheros
67th Beastlord
Firiona Vie

Shadowpaw

That has no bearing on it. Just mythology and superstition. It's a rare drop. Some people get it often, some won't. It's no different than any of the other 1000s of rare drop items in the game.
Shadowclaw Grimwhisker
General of the Khati Sha
Level 68/33AA, VT
200 Baking, 200 Brewing, 200 Fletching
[Stoic] / Povar

whabs

I camped kited and killed the ME wolf with a druid and got the drop then loged in my bst to loot it  for what its worth (although bst is my main for a month now he is in all tradeable bazaar brought armor and only like 50AA no way in hell I could solo that wolf with him.)

TheOriginalGronker

Fearing this was going to be a heckuva bottleneck, the ME drop was the 2nd I did (after the drogmar that I accidentally ran into).  3rd named pop dropped the essance (or whatever it was) - this was also before I ever met Muada.

Sigrah

QuotePut the drogmor drop in shared bank, and camped him again.

I hate to tell you this, but for everyone else, the Swirling Feral Essence is NO DROP.  We can't put it in the shared bank space like you folks on Firiona Vie can.  That being said, I doubt possession has any influance on wether or not the Frantic Ravenous Beast drops his essence or not.  I believe it's just a cold hard reality that the Frantic Ravenous Beast drops his essence as a rare drop and is meant to be a bottle neck.
Sigrah The Beast
Level 70 Beastlord
Bertoxxulous Server
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=566996

Aeremus

I have camped ME over 20 hours now and killed the Frantic Ravenous Beast 5 times now. I promise you that piece from Drogmor doesn't mean crap seeing as I have had it for the last two kills of the wolf, its a hard hell of a camp and will stay that way since its the only thing keeping a lot of us from having our epic 1.5 lol. Back to camping take care.

Fonnyil

I killed the Frantic 4 times with no drop over a couple of days, when I next went to camp it 2 other beastlords were there so I went to get the Drogmor instead, that popped after first clear and I got that drop.. with it still in my inventory I went back to ME.. the other 2 beastlords were gone and the Frantic was up, invised over and killed it and got the drop right there and then... so having the Drogmor drop makes no difference whatsoever!

Essant

Shared bank slot on FV?  I thought FV was only allowed one toon per server per account?

Anyway .. order has nothing to do with it.  I got mine on my third named, after 10 hours total camping time, I guess I got luckier than some, but I have done my 1.5 steps perfectly in order so far.
Elder Essant Le'Fur
70 Vah Shir Beastlord of the Rathe
Brotherhood of the Spider
My Stuff!

Fistinyereyes

On the FV server, you can only have one toon.. but, shared bank still exists

Hzark

Wildcaller Hzark Drakyr

www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=688699

Giledorm

Depends on what you consider a soloable mob.  With my equipment level, no.  Could a time-GoD equipped person solo it? probably.  

Though, since this is a long, boring camp for most, bring a friend.  Will make the time go by faster. :)
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=395485&resize=true target=_blank>http://www.thirds.org/moose/newsig.jpg border=0>