Main Menu

Focused Perfection

Started by Gunzak, February 24, 2008, 08:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilgartownguard

A heal over time is never a tool for emergencies. Rank 3 is far more useful then rank 1.

Spiritclaw

Quote from: Dilgartownguard on March 05, 2008, 05:57:23 PM
A heal over time is never a tool for emergencies. Rank 3 is far more useful then rank 1.

Fully agree with this.  Even with a slightly slower cast time, the extra mana/hp have kept me going longer than I could at rank 1
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Kenusten

Actually a heal over time is excellent for emergencies because it lets the healer switch to longer casting heals quicker by padding out the HP.  Note, this is me casting the heal over time, not the healer.  I would agree that my cleric would not cast a heal over time.  She would cast Div Arb or a quick heal first.  Someone else casting a HoT does help the cleric though, especially if the cleric is keeping a leather tank up when protective is down.

Though rank 3 may still be more useful than 1.  0 to 1 is a bigger upgrade than either of other two so working on other AA because everything is so bleeding expensive, 6/7/8/9/10, gah.

Rabekiz

Paragon as a HoT suck for emergencies since it can take up to 6 seconds before you gain any benefit from the heal (not even considering the 2-3 second cast time depending on which version you use) and the amount it heals is rather paltry. If you can wait that long, its not an emergency. The heal component of paragon is the least useful thing about it, mana replenishment is by far its most useful feature. Daria's mending is a much better emergency heal but even it needs to crit to be semi useful when compared against the DPS most mobs can dish out.

Kenusten

The best guild I was in used MGB HoTs on raids and they plowed.  Clerics, Druids, Shamans, and Beastlords saved their MGBs for HoTs. 

HoTs definitely have helped keep me up as a non traditional tank.  I should probably add though that I do group with a Druid, Cleric and Shaman, so in emergencies, I usually have at least two HoTs going, sometimes 4.  Each on their own does have value, but any two combined are powerful.

Additionally, repeatedly healing yourself means you targeting yourself, not the mob.  That quick healing cleric is going to build aggro faster than you.   HoTs are fire and forget.

Also, if I am to a point where I need fast heals, everyone needs mana so the regen portion isn't going to waste.

My style works for me and keeps me alive without running my cleric out of mana, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Kitathia

I <3 these AA's. Well worth the AA cost. I use it all the time. For me recast timer seems decent, I have 2/3.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious