Main Menu

Spots at level 71 (solo or boxed)

Started by Shieara, October 16, 2006, 11:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shieara

Here are some places I have been at level 71 that still give exp.    Due to rl I don't get the chance to group more then a couple times per week, so much of my time is spent solo/boxing.  Maybe this info will help others in a similar situation.  I'll kinda update it as I try new spots. 

Light blue mobs:
The Hole (at the bottom)
WoS murk caves
Arcstone (almost everything)
Barindu
Riwwi
Grieg's End
PoStorms trash
PoHate
Veksar
BoT giants
PoTorment

Dark Blue:
MPG
Arcstone firetail things
Relic
MM mission

At level 72

Light blue:
GE inner (starting to go green)
PoValor

Dark Blue:
Sunderock Springs
RSS
MPG

At level 73

Light blue:
Barindu

Khauruk

Veksar, way deep in is still doable at 75 (light blue).  Highborn Commanders/Nobles.  Simply highborns are mostly lb still at 71.  A pally who was there said the light blues were worth about 1% reg xp/5 kills at 75.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Zarkin

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3079
I used this quest some at 70 thru about 74 for easy xp solo, through about 71 it was all dark blue mobs, 72 on it started dropping off regular xp pretty fast.  I would get 1% every 3 kills solo and duo with cleric friend.  solo was semi tough if i got more than 2 mobs on a pull, nothing hits very hard except for the named and they werent to bad. ALL mobs were fully slowable. With cleric pulling we got so we were able to actually finish the quest and after about 30 missions we both got the rare 65/65/65 aug that drops from chest at end.  solo i was not able to complete the mission because to many close quarters mobs inside the house.  It was nice solo cause i could go afk at the zi without worry, nothing respawns during the mission either.  when i soloed i would just clear the outside, then start mission over.  It may not be best xp solo, but it was very easy, i also did before Halloween so i stocked up on the pumpkin seeds and such so i had enough for me and all my friends without us having to camp for them during that week.  Hope some of you find it worthwhile easy solo xp spot.

Zarkin of Tribunal

Gunzak

MPG should be DB until 74 as the mobs are all 69+.  The mobs near the group/raid trials should be DB until 75.  MPG mobs might be beyond the average players ability solo until 75.  If you can handle MPG then the WoS NW camp should be good experience too.  The mobs are all high 60s but singles might be hard.

PoV should be light blue to mid 70s as the Golems are all level 62.  They are DB until you hit level 68.  BoT Giants are level 61-63 so they should be light blue to mid 70s as well.  From experience duoing in BoT I found that at 67 about 50% were light blue so half of the mobs are level 61 making PoV a little better spot since all are 62.

PoS mobs hit about as hard as PoV Golems but Golems are higher level so better experience.  As soon as my Beastlord hit 66 PoS totally sucked ass for experience.  Duo with my Druid it was taking about 15 mobs for 1% experience.  This was just after the experience nerf for mobs more then 5 levels apart.  I know SOE says it wasn't a nerf but their full of shit cause i noticed a huge freaking change in experience after.

I wouldn't have expected GE to be light blue at 71 as the mobs pre gate are all around level 55 but post gate I would assume its possible.  GE might not be great experience per kill but the mobs die so fast that it would still add up.  As a test on my 70 Beastlord I went to GE and killed 44 mobs in 60 minutes.  I didn't have my 70 pet, a descent pet focus or raid weapons.  With 70 pet, good pet focus and descent weapons you could probly kill faster.  The only limiting factor is the spawn time on the mobs.

Is the Hole really light blue at 71?  Pre exp nerf the ghost mobs deep inside were all light blue at 70 so I would expect them to be all green now.

I noticed a big change in my old farming zone.  Pre nerf the mobs were all LB with a few DB to mid 60s but after the nerf the mobs were green and even gray.  Suddenly they went from giving experience to giving nothing with no change in level.  No matter what SOE says that is a nerf.

Pre nerf the Riwwi mobs were all DB at 69 and about half DB at 70.  Post nerf they would all be light blue at 70 and probly into the mid 70s.  I hate Riwwi though.  The mobs had a lot of hp, proced often for 400+ even with high resists, and would run at low health.

WoS Murks are all 65 so I would expect them to be light blue until 75.  I haven't tested this though as I quit playing.  I do plan to come back eventually but I am taking a few months break to play Anarchy Online which is a much more indepth game.  From what another poster on the board said i expect they would be easy solo or duo in to the 70s.  My old Beast only hit 11k fully buffed and could solo PoF with no problem and murks dont hit as hard but I believe they mitigate slow more the PoF mobs.

Shieara

All the spots I have are personally verified.  I can guarantee you in the Hole you can find light blues at 71.  I spent like a week in there every night checking for the ghost for the sk 1.0 epic.  It was decent exp also solo.  Was around the castle, about as deep as you can go.

Gunzak

Thats real cool.  I never would have guessed they would still be lb at 71.  When the Hole becomes a hot zone after next patch it will probly be even better.