Main Menu

Steeltrap Jaws

Started by Timberghost, September 25, 2006, 06:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilgartownguard

They doubled the charges on it to "fix" it. In the end, it's still a worthless spell as the other procs still take from the charges. They didn't fix anything.

Epee

Ah cool thanks.  Had my hopes up we might see it sooner rather than later. hehe 

Shamno

The proposed mana flare change didn't work, it wasn't working. The doubling of the proc rate is the suppose to be a temporary and going ot try to fix it in the future.

Humlaine

lets hope they just dont let this slide

Timberghost

Quote from: Dilgartownguard on January 18, 2007, 01:04:14 AM
They doubled the charges on it to "fix" it. In the end, it's still a worthless spell as the other procs still take from the charges. They didn't fix anything.

/concur

Until they change it so that it only counts its own procs, this spell is pretty much useless.   Yes, I have rank II of it, and no I can't think of any situation where I'd use it much.

Mewzee

I have found that if your in a group situation where you don't have a pull class and your the only slower and basically are SURE to get at least one or two adds, but you have effective tanking/offtanking and healing, having this spell for pet to slow the adds helps, if your busy tanking one yourself. I've only used this in this exact situation two times thou and right now its collecting dust in my spell book.

Darn shame too, it seemed interesting at first but now I wish they had just given us a 70% slow instead to us beasts instead of the dern pet. And damn SOE for the "fake" fix. /shakes paw

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Shamno

I actually found it to be a decent preslow ability on raids still, particularly on the ones that main slowing classes have hard time nailing or keepign down. That is just me.

Moogasourus

I personally like this spell allot for groups that pull adds allot  .... like Mew said grouped with adds on every pull make this allot easier to slow them all.   I think in a good group the dps added from other pet procs is not gonna make a big difference so i click them off cept for Steeltrap.   Yeah it doesnt last very long but a focused pet on MT's mob gives ya time to slow adds and usually when i get back to MT's mob my slow is resisted from pets haven allready landed.

Other than that situation i dont use it really.  Would be nice if it as fixed to stack with the other procs and last its full duration.

Mewzee

Umm...when I used Steeltrap Jaws...it stacked perfectly fine with all of my pet procs and epic. Everything stacked just fine and was really darn nice.

The reason I am told I cannot use this at raids to help "preslow" or even if I have to be slower, is that chanter slow and shaman slow cannot overwrite it. I tested this months ago when the spell first came out with a enchanter, and they couldn't overwrite my pets slow.

Does anyone know if this was changed? Maybe i'll test it and post logs.

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Nusa

Do test it, and specify which enchanter spell was tested (it may be just the lower level spells won't overwrite, including the time stick). But don't assume that an enchanter test holds for shamans. I'm not sure about enchanters, but shaman 75% slow overwrites fine, I think.

Not being about to overwrite it with our OWN slow is a bigger issue (combined with lack of feedback from pet slow), IMO. I'd actually prefer to see the pet downgraded to a 65% slow.

Kroshx

Beasts in my guild have said the same thing, that it does over-write chanter slow. I'm not sure which, though, as I don't care what chanters have loaded if I get NDT. =D
Wildblood Kroshx - 75 - Beastlord - Drinal

Nusa

Remember that overwriting and blocking are related, but not the same statement at all.

Humlaine

I think its no better then our slow its just that it blocks enchy's slow from landing

Timberghost

Quote from: Timberghost on January 19, 2007, 11:00:47 PM
Quote from: Dilgartownguard on January 18, 2007, 01:04:14 AM

/concur

Until they change it so that it only counts its own procs, this spell is pretty much useless.   Yes, I have rank II of it, and no I can't think of any situation where I'd use it much.

I stand corrected.  I've been playing with Steeltrap Jaws again since they patched it and the 12 charges is plenty enough for it to proc reliably, even with Lairn and my epic up.

Also the -80 MR on Steeltrap Rank II is nice for some mobs that needed a couple of casts of Sha's Legacy before.

IMO it's now doing what they want.  You get to pay the 300 mana (big deal) between every 2 or 3 mobs, but it helps us get em slowed fast.

So, if there's an SK, Necro or Druid around and we don't need fetter, Steeltrap turns out to be pretty nice since they patched it.

Shamno

Yeah the change may be a band aid, but it has antibiotic ointment....thus when the wound heals on this one it won't leave a horribel scar.

The 12 charges does make the proc a more viable toy now. Not quite a real reliable tool, but has its uses.