Main Menu

aug question

Started by Tigrah, October 23, 2007, 11:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigrah

a young beastlord player has asked me what focus is most important where augs are concerned. As for myself I poured a lot of resources into HP augs, which has allowed me to live through a great deal in the past... But I'm wondering what would you guys suggest?
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Pakratz

for weapons I'd highly recommend Lifetap augs. As much as he can get.  The rest of the gear augs are pretty much HP isnt it?  What else can you get?

Tigrah

well, for me personally I placed maximum number of AC augs from DoN into their 4 slots. But I'm just wondering, what other bsts would do for armor aug slots.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Thelynxeffect

In my opinion -

Weapon augs = lifetap (although personally I have in my off hand 1 lifetap aug and the second aug has a 175dd and stun but that is mainly due to me not getting around to getting a decent second lifetap aug to replace that)

Armour augs = hit points hit points (if the aug comes with extras as well as hit points fantastic but otherwise if I am offered 50hp or 50 mana or 50ac augs then i would choose 50 hp - mainly because we hit the hard ac cap to easily and if i run out of mana its annoying but not as tedious as running out of hit points :) )

Maylian

I would also say the focus for me is hitpoints although I like my augs to be balanced where possible. I also highly value the mod2's that we can get from augs, mainly shielding, SS and dot shielding, although this is more of a raiding necessity than a young beastlords requirement.

Zorthaz

I would focus on AC up to about level 60, then HP after level 60.  Good focuses for young beasts includes mana presevation, cold focus for nukes, and an extended buff focus.  (I get tired of buffing)  Should be able to find a healing focus.  All most all of these focuses you can find on armor.  That leaves the aug slot for AC or HP.
Did I just go full circle there?

-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Kanan

the reason taps are a good thing for beasts is that, while they are less dps than the elemental procs and the horrid stun procs (ya think i detest stun procs with the fiery passion of a thousand stars going nova? ;p), we get significant hp regen from them, especially since we can get Healing Adept & crit heals.

For soloing, there are times I dump the anguish h2h and break out the mpg trial h2h just so that I can go longer w/o healing myself.  It was most noticeable once at the first castle in PoFire when I dumped the tap claws for the anguish h2h, and I started to actually need healing every other mob, rather than just going pretty much non-stop on them.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar