Main Menu

Pet @ 68 and Focus

Started by Otuol, June 11, 2005, 07:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otuol

I've tried searching across the boards and can't seem to find the correct answer so I'm hoping some of yall can help me with this:

What level is the 68 pet Allandu? 70 pet Rashara?

What level does he become with Minion of Discord?

And for everyone else that might need is there an updated table or something for the other focus items?

Thanks guys!

Dakat

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php/topic,332.0.html

Has just about every combination for summoned pets.

http://www.beastlords.org/forums/index.php/topic,380.0.html

Has a list of every pet focus that we know of.

These 2 threads are located at the very top of this forum as well. Pet Focus Items and Pet Chart are the topics.

sunkash

What level is the 68 pet Allandu? 70 pet Rashara?

Allandu = level 63
Rashara = level 65 "from what I recall"

What level does he become with Minion of Discord?
good question, I didn't find answer in the above links

Allandu/Mod = ?
Rashara/MoD = ?

Be nice to have a updated, current pet chart. :)

Bodegah

With both the Symbol of Ancient Summoning and range item from RSS (forget the name) the level 70 pet is level 66.  Casting level 70 pet with no pet focus I believe has it start as level 65.  Range item from RSS 70 pet hits for max of 100, and with Time item hits for 102.

Dancolen

Thought 68 was lvl 62 pet
Thought 70 was lvl 64 pet

Both go up a lvl with SBoon however.

sunkash

incorrect "Both go up a lvl with SBoon however"

SBoon = DPoC ?? ;The 68 pet does not go up a level, wth DPoC I am certain of that.
It is level 63 with DPoC  and also unfocused, this I've tested several times.

Note: the 64 pet did go up a level, with DPoC, and it would be great if the 68 did as well.
If the 68 pet doesn't go up a level, doubt that the 70 would, but I've yet to see a 70 pet on our
server.

However still curious of MoD focus for the 68 & 70 pet. From what read healing on the MoD
is much less that DPoC, which sounds to me like a bug, as MoD is a higher level focus.

Hopefully some improvements in pet focus will be coming soon, see that's one of the top 10, or
at least being considered for that.

Dancolen

Forgot about that, I cant remember if SBoon actually raises it a lvl or not, it shouldnt...  but it also shouldnt affect the max damage of the pet, but it does iirc.

68 pet has a HUGE 200+ regen rate UNFocused.

Its really weird.  I ran some, not so scientific tests on them... tho didnt look at lvl of pet.

SBoon seemed to help regen lvl very slightly on 68 pet, while MoD did nothing... but with regen rates already high....  its hard to tell.
Basically the 68 pet regens as much if not more than the 64 pet focused... yet the 68 pet isnt focused in the example.

Also MoD doesnt appear to affect the 64 pet besides giving it a HP boost, there is a extremely small boost in regen, and no boost to max hit.

Our pet focuses make no sense atm :)

sunkash

I'd agree the pet focuses in general just make no sense. So far I'm not convinced its even worth
upgrading to the MoD, what I see now, it's somewhat of a downgrade.

However curious why you say " but it also shouldnt affect the max damage of the pet"
referring to the 68 pet.

The max level for the focus was changed from level 65 to 70 quite some time ago.

From Lucy History page:
09-14 10:08 Changed Slot 2 from "Limit: Max Level(65)" to "Limit: Max Level(70)"
Lucy Entry:
Summoner's Boon
Classes:
None 
Description:
1: Pet Power Increase(15)
2: Limit: Max Level(70)
3: Limit: Min Level(59)

I suspect that when this change was implemented, there is a bug, "or multiple bugs", in the coding that it doesn't
work as it's supposed to, quite possible it was incorrectly coded to Max Level 65 ( 10% over cap above 65 );
that was account for the decreased regen, and lesser than expected damage increase, when compared
to the difference between the 64 pet focused & unfocused, as well as the lack of a +1 to pet level.

Tastian had mentioned in one of his recent posting that SOE said the pet focus coding was rather involved, and not
easily changed. Probably will not get fixed, unless the pet community just keeps pressing them on this issue, and not
letting it slide, as a side issue.

Tastian

Pet focuses are ugly things overall.  It isn't as simple as +30% or +45% to this or that.  I talked with rytan about the pet focuses and there are more to them dps wise than just raises the hits of the pet.  He said he tweaked atk/str/etc.  The focuses don't just change the max hit of pets, the range they hit in.  I'm still trying to parse several of the focus effects, but it is a very slow and bleh process as the pet stops attacking after 10 minutes and you have buffs to maintain as well.

The 62 pet didn't gain a level from DPoC as I recall, so I shruged it off when the 68 pet didn't.  Really though the dpoc is a very minor dps boost.  So much so that if not for the +1 max hit on a crit most wouldn't be able to tell if their pet was focused or not.  MoE is still decent, but the return on RS over MoE is very minor again.  I do think pet focus is a big issue though for all pet classes and I think there is lots of room for adjustments.  Again though pet focus is just one thing and with all the changes to healing spells, dots, total spell level revamp, etc some things just tend to slide to the back.  I am hopeful that we'll see some changes to the effects, but I honestly don't see it happening very soon.